Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

GS London-Tokyo £710 RT ai J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GS London-Tokyo £710 RT ai J

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2016, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by smit0847
I'd be amazed if this airline even has an airport manager for LGW, surely they just outsource everything to a Dnata type company who wouldnt have a clue of the directive, let alone the power to override a booking and change a fare class.
They do have a member of staff (a manager) based at the airport, but you're right - their ground stuff is outsourced (to Aviator I think), so check-in staff aren't Tianjin employees and whether you'd find the manager at checkin time or not is another matter. I'd also be trying to get an actual business class ticket in advance - it seems to open to risk that they'd oversell otherwise and not be able to give you the upgrade they refer to!!
Old Jul 20, 2016, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Michael Myshu
Nono

I am flying in September with Tianjin.
But I wanted to fly to London in July to change the ticket, as I am not from GB.

They told me, i could even show up at Gatwick the same day and i will be upgraded (but who knows).

And cancelation fee is like half price of the ticket.. so not worth thinking about it..

Did anyone already changed the ticket at Gatwick?
That's the way they did for me Upgraded at airport. I've finished the first outbound flight.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 2:57 pm

Programs: SPG platinum, Best Western Platinum, SIXT platinum
Originally Posted by dhc311
That's the way they did for me Upgraded at airport. I've finished the first outbound flight.

Nice, how was it?
Old Sep 15, 2016, 1:53 pm

Programs: BAEC
Just to let you all know, my partner's trip to China - booked through to Tianjin - passed off without significant incident.

There was no issue at check in, but the itenary flown was on a different eticket number (which wasn't linked to the original booking and PNR issued by Opodo) but all four sectors were there, booked in R class and business class honoured. Just presented the passport for check in and the booking details were all there without any issues.

At Chongqing you disembark the aircraft and clear immigration, and then wait to reboard the aircraft. Bags were checked through Tianjin, the passengers coming from London have to go to Terminal 1 to get their international baggage. On the way back from Tianjin you again disembark at Chongqing for transit and clear immigration again.

When we get a moment we will do a trip report. Thanks very much to the OP for posting the deal, as getting deals like this to China don't come frequently (although the original deal was for Tokyo).

I note that there have been a few ongoing postings of error fares (economy) from Gatwick to Xi'an, Guangzhou and Nanjing on at least one of the travel blogs so Tianjn and/or their agents continue to mess up ticketing!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.