Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

GS London-Tokyo £710 RT ai J

GS London-Tokyo £710 RT ai J

Old Jul 8, 2016, 11:30 am

Programs: BAEC
Some further interactions with the airline have confirmed that my partners ticket should be economy but it will be honored as business class and we have an email stating as such. It's still all showing as confirmed everywhere and no updates have been made to the ticket as far as we can tell, including on the Tianjin Airlines website (they really need to upgrade their website).

But the added complication is that Opodo have taken their money for the card transaction fees but not for the air ticket itself, and the pre-authorisation has now expired.

What would others do? Just sit it out and see what happens?
Old Jul 10, 2016, 9:55 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, HHonors Diamond
I dont know whether this is helpful or not, but I had a look at the flight yesterday...
They're using a Hainan Airlines plane (with their branding with a little "leased to Tianjin Airlines" bit on the front). I've only got two photos which aren't the best I'm afraid. The IFE isn't seat back. One thing which I noticed was how much more clean and tidy the plane seemed than most do, even after landing, throughout both economy and business cabins.

Photos: http://imgur.com/a/RXDSO
Old Jul 11, 2016, 9:40 pm

Updates:They will honor all tickets .
I just called them,+86 20 950710 asked them about the situation with booking code Z.The agent told me they will manually reissue my ticket from Z to I or R which is business class code. So just give them a call,they will help you change the ticket.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 6:53 am

Programs: SPG platinum, Best Western Platinum, SIXT platinum
Hey

So Finally got an answer. All tickets are in Economy, who booked this fare.

The company told me to go to the airport and at the airlines counter they will change the economy ticket to a business ticket. I guess an old system they have.

Great, but i guess its only in London Gatwick right?
Old Jul 15, 2016, 11:51 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Michael Myshu
Hey

So Finally got an answer. All tickets are in Economy, who booked this fare.

The company told me to go to the airport and at the airlines counter they will change the economy ticket to a business ticket. I guess an old system they have.

Great, but i guess its only in London Gatwick right?
Pretty sure that Tianjin don't have a customer services desk at Gatwick (beyond the check-in desks opening twice a week for their flights)...! They might be contract Sky Break to do their customer services though like lots of other airlines there..?
Old Jul 16, 2016, 2:25 am

Plot thickens again

Email from Opodo turns up this morning:
Dear customer,

We are contacting you regarding your booking of a flight operated by Tianjin Airlines to inform you that due to an incident beyond our control and independent of the airline, your ticket was issued for a lower class than the one confirmed. Thus, and although we informed you that your booking belonged to Business class, the ticket was issued for the economy-class seats.

In order to correct this mistake, Tianjin Airlines has planned the following actions, depending on each individual situation :

If you have NOT travelled yet
Head to the check-in desk at the airport and refer to this situation so Tianjin Airlines can upgrade you to Business class.

If you have travelled the outbound flight at economy class but have not yet travelled the inbound flight
In order to make up for all the inconvenience caused, Tianjin Airlines want to upgrade you to Business class for your inbound flight and offer you a better fare and class against your next booking. To be upgraded to Business class for your inbound flight, please go to the check-in desk at the airport and refer to this situation. Regarding your future flight booking, Tianjin Airlines will apply this upgrade for a flight with the same itinerary and under the same passengers' names as the ones stated on the tickets concerned.

If you have already travelled in Economy class
Tianjin Airlines is glad to offer you a better fare, allowing you to travel in Business class against your next economy-class booking. This goodwill gesture is subject to the itinerary and passengers' names strictly matching the original ones.

On behalf of the airline, we would like to apologize for all the inconvenience this incident may have caused you.

We remain at your disposal for any further clarification or information you may need about this situation.

Kind regards,
Opodo Customer Service
And almost at the same time MyFlights notices that there has been a change on the ticket

Warning: Please note that the Airline has cancelled one or more of your selected flights. Please modify your reservation, or contact your travel agent for further information. (9115)
And using the eticket check on www.tianjin-air.com it shows
LGW-TSN and TSN-LGW, Z Class Open for Use, but no PNR, flight number or date.

Has anyone else had their eticket disappear in the past day or so?

Last edited by plunet; Jul 16, 2016 at 2:29 am Reason: updated formatting
Old Jul 16, 2016, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Re the offer: I think that's a pretty cool handling of the situation by the airline ^
Old Jul 16, 2016, 4:17 am

HI there,

yes I see my first leg is cancelled too.

And it was told to me too to go to the checkin desk.. not customer service.

Anyone directly from London who went there?
I go there next week
Old Jul 16, 2016, 5:47 am

Oh, at least it's not just my PNR that is showing as cancelled. My flight is the end of August... I just wonder how they can manage seats sold against a specific flight if they put these tickets into a cancelled state.

Fingers crossed that it works out OK for your flight this week. Are you flying just to China or onwards to Tokyo? If you have a few mins to post some feedback on how it all went that would be appreciated!
Old Jul 16, 2016, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by plunet
Oh, at least it's not just my PNR that is showing as cancelled. My flight is the end of August... I just wonder how they can manage seats sold against a specific flight if they put these tickets into a cancelled state.

Fingers crossed that it works out OK for your flight this week. Are you flying just to China or onwards to Tokyo? If you have a few mins to post some feedback on how it all went that would be appreciated!

Ive booked one way to Tokyo
Old Jul 18, 2016, 1:08 am

Well, the outbound flight ticket has been reticketed after a day of being cancelled, same outbound flight but in Fare Class R with no fare code against the booking. *relief*

Inbound flight is still showing as Holding Cancelled but that is much less of a worry at the moment.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 3:35 pm

Im not sure if i get to London..

Do you know if its limited to get the upgrade?

Or did someone try to cancel the ticket?
Old Jul 18, 2016, 11:45 pm

I think based upon what I received by email from Opodo and other interactions with the airline, and what dhc311 posted in #33, all these Z class tickets will all be honoured as Business.

Hope you can make the flight this week.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 4:28 am

Nono

I am flying in September with Tianjin.
But I wanted to fly to London in July to change the ticket, as I am not from GB.

They told me, i could even show up at Gatwick the same day and i will be upgraded (but who knows).

And cancelation fee is like half price of the ticket.. so not worth thinking about it..

Did anyone already changed the ticket at Gatwick?
Old Jul 19, 2016, 6:28 am

Programs: VA WP, NZ *A SG
I'd be doing everything I could to have the tickets reissued as proper J before arriving at the airport. There is an incredibly high chance that an obscure airline operating 2 flights a week from a secondary airport will not have briefed all of their staff properly and the request will squarely fall into the 'too hard/CBF' category.
I'd be amazed if this airline even has an airport manager for LGW, surely they just outsource everything to a Dnata type company who wouldnt have a clue of the directive, let alone the power to override a booking and change a fare class. Even with the email from the airline in your hands I'd expect they'd simply say to you 'we dont know anything about that and can't change it anyway'. The best you could hope for is a discretionary upgrade on the first flight. Its not like you're attending to BA service desk at LHR where there are plenty of supervisors who can do things on the spot.
I'd be very interested to hear anyones experiences at LGW.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.