FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   QR Business: $USD933 CMB->LHR RT AI Wow! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1764951-qr-business-usd933-cmb-lhr-rt-ai-wow.html)

RabbitohRob May 10, 2016 10:38 am

QR Business: $USD933 CMB->LHR RT AI Wow!

2 Attachment(s)
This is better than what the Y fare is most of the time. Seeing good availability for rest of May at this price as well as June, October, November, December.

Seems to jump back up in January. Get in quick I would suggest and don't shout it out to the world this time. See PDF example attached, good for anyone in Sri Lanka wanting to head home for Christmas too.

onlysuites May 10, 2016 11:30 am

Just what I was looking for. Thanks OP. ^

Sisyphus1carus May 10, 2016 1:29 pm

Anyone got the fare rules ?
What's the maximum 'stay' and last date of travel ?

RabbitohRob May 10, 2016 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus (Post 26605072)
Anyone got the fare rules ?
What's the maximum 'stay' and last date of travel ?

ADULT

CHANGE CONDITIONS ADULT
Colombo - London
No-show for subsequent flight(s)
Changes*: Not applicable (See reissue conditions)Reissue: Not allowedAfter departure of first flight
Changes*: Not applicable (See reissue conditions)Reissue: Allowed with restrictionsNew travel dates must be prior to: Wednesday, October 04, 2017Maximum Reissue penalty fee for entire ticket: 12000 LKRPrior to Departure of first flight
Changes*: Not applicable (See reissue conditions)Reissue: Allowed with restrictionsPenalty fee for ticket reissue between: 0 LKR / 12000 LKR (at today exchange rates 0 LKR / 12000 LKR)New travel dates must be prior to: Thursday, May 11, 2017Maximum Reissue penalty fee for entire ticket: 12000 LKRNo-show for first flight
Changes*: Not applicable (See reissue conditions)Reissue: Not allowed
London - Colombo
Changes*: Not applicable (See reissue conditions)Reissue: Not allowedAfter departure of first flight
Changes*: Not applicable (See reissue conditions)Reissue: Allowed with restrictionsNew travel dates must be prior to: Wednesday, October 04, 2017Maximum Reissue penalty fee for entire ticket: 12000 LKRPrior to Departure of first flight
Changes*: Not applicable (See reissue conditions)Reissue: Allowed with restrictionsPenalty fee for ticket reissue between: 0 LKR / 12000 LKR (at today exchange rates 0 LKR / 12000 LKR)New travel dates must be prior to: Thursday, May 11, 2017Maximum Reissue penalty fee for entire ticket: 12000 LKRNo-show for first flight
OK

RabbitohRob May 10, 2016 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by RabbitohRob (Post 26606105)
ADULT

PURCHASE CONDITIONS
For more information on baggage rules and restrictions on Qatar Airways flights, please click hereOpens external site in a new window .
When you make a reservation on a flight to/from the U.S. one week or more prior to your flight departure through our website at www.qatarairways.comOpens external site in a new window , the following is applicable:
a. Flights departing from the U.S : We allow you to hold the reservation for 24 hours without payment.
b. Flight to the U.S : You can receive a full refund within 24 hours of ticket purchase.
Should you wish to change your booking, and the originally purchased fare or booking class is not available for your new flights, difference of fare will be collected on top of the change fee if the rule permits changes.
If you have a stopover in Doha, please click hereOpens external site in a new window for more information.
An additional administrative fee for rebooking/cancellation may apply.
When a ticket is booked with a combination of fares, the most restrictive cancellation rule will apply.
Fares are not guaranteed until full payment is received and tickets are issued.
Where applicable, local airport taxes will be collected at time of check-in.
Additional card transaction fees may apply and is dependent on the card issuer.
You should carry a copy of this booking confirmation while you travel as it may be required for immigration purposes.
Remember to check your immigration and health requirements before you travel and ensure you carry the required travel documents.
We accept all major credit and debit cards, subject to local regulations. Please note Qatar Airways may require you to submit additional payment information online to verify the identity of the card holder.
For Qatar Airways Terms & Conditions, click hereOpens external site in a new window .
CHANGE CONDITIONS ADULT
Colombo - London
London - Colombo
OK

Sisyphus1carus May 10, 2016 5:23 pm

Thanks for that info guys. Any idea what the maximum duration between outbound & inbound is ?

Sisyphus1carus May 10, 2016 5:31 pm

Is the CMB-LHR-CMB fare code IJLKP1NE ? If so TRAVEL FROM LAST STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO LATER THAN 3 MONTHS AFTER DEPARTURE FROM FARE ORIGIN.

Thinking of seeing if I can take advantage of the OSL-DEL-OSL £222 fare in O (economy) on QR plus some flights DEL-CMB to create myself a couple of mixed class returns.

OSL-DEL econ
DEL-CMB
CMB-LHR biz
few months.
LHR-CMB biz
CMB-DEL
DEL-OSL

Oooh, also need to check that economy O class can be upgraded using QMiles :-)

OSL-DEL maximum 'stay'
Fare code OJHQP7NE
Category 7: Maximum stay requirements
TRAVEL FROM LAST STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO LATER THAN 4
MONTHS AFTER DEPARTURE FROM FARE ORIGIN.

Hmmm..... So with OSL-DEL, DEL-OSL needing to be max 4 months apart & CMB-LHR, LHR-CMB being 3 months apart that means I could do one month in CMB & DEL split betrween two trips - if I could find dates which work.

Maybe I'm going bonkers :-)

Would be about £450 return (o/w economy, one way biz) for each trip PLUS the hops between DEL & CMB @ between £100 & £150 each. Hmmmm......

KenGreen888 May 10, 2016 8:35 pm

For those doing Qatar's Globetrotter promotion London is in the Metropolitan Excursions for the travel period of 1st Aug - 10th Oct.

IAN-UK May 10, 2016 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus (Post 26606276)

......Would be about £450 return (o/w economy, one way biz) for each trip PLUS the hops between DEL & CMB @ between £100 & £150 each. Hmmmm......

...plus (depending on your passport) you could need two Indian visas, or a multiple entry one: neither option is cheap, but single e-visas can arranged online. I think Sri Lanka gives a free two-day transit visa.

Siddharth1 May 11, 2016 12:23 am

Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus (Post 26606276)
OSL-DEL-OSL £222 fare in O (economy) on QR

Where did you see this fare and any sample date available?

ExSin May 11, 2016 1:07 am

Thanks OP. Any ways this can be extended to across the pond?

nkvuong May 11, 2016 1:51 am

Originally Posted by ExSin (Post 26607746)
Thanks OP. Any ways this can be extended to across the pond?

Both QR and EY are offering fares to East Coast for around $2k and West Coast for around $2.5k

rbAA May 11, 2016 3:27 am

Not having any luck with the LHR fare, as it keeps disappearing. Easier to get the $1148 to CDG and many dates with more than one seat.

ExSin May 11, 2016 3:32 am

Originally Posted by nkvuong (Post 26607856)
Both QR and EY are offering fares to East Coast for around $2k and West Coast for around $2.5k

Thanks mate.
These fares are more or less the norm. Won't be excited if not for another EY F with a missing '0' again. ;)

Sisyphus1carus May 11, 2016 3:56 am

Originally Posted by Siddharth1 (Post 26607636)
Where did you see this fare and any sample date available?

You can find it on ITA.
On my phone at minute so not able to check dates easily. Its on QR, fare code is OJHQP7NE and there were lots of dates when I looked. €280ish Euro or 3,000ish NOK. use the monthly view in ITA.

I hope this helps.