Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA (OneWorld) ex CDG to USA (incl HNL) €1109/£875 price drop (some South America too)

AA (OneWorld) ex CDG to USA (incl HNL) €1109/£875 price drop (some South America too)

Old May 1, 2016, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by fwerfel
thanks!
Is there a manual on how to do this?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...-lh-lx-tk.html is a good start.
But it does require good undestanding of ITA codes so that you can pull this itinerary properly. Since fare expires tomorrow, you might be better off calling IB or AY.
Old May 1, 2016, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Call the airlines or call a TA. Very hard to do, as maxvor says. A TA is not that expensive....
Old May 1, 2016, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by maxvor
But it does require good undestanding of ITA codes so that you can pull this itinerary properly. Since fare expires tomorrow, you might be better off calling IB or AY.
haha, way too complicated for me. A TA it will be

and I thought the fare expired on Tuesday?
Old May 1, 2016, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Yes, May 3rd.
Old May 1, 2016, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by henkybaby
Yes, May 3rd.
Yeah, my bad. Anyways, I wouldn't count on it, many recent "attack" fareswere pulled before stated expiration date
Old May 1, 2016, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Yeah, my bad. Anyways, I wouldn't count on it, many recent "attack" fareswere pulled before stated expiration date
Yeah, but there is also the exMAN and exDUB fare, the exMAD to SCL fare etc. So I doubt they will pull this one. I like people coming up with alternative names for error fares, but this isn't one of them.
Old May 1, 2016, 5:27 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP
I guess you need something like this
http://i11l-services.aa.com/xaa/mseG...DG%2C%2CJFK%2C

You basically need to use AY's INN8S4I1 fare on the part that requires a stopover, and it combines nicely with AA's one, but despite fare rules, looks like there is limited availability open to AY on TATL codeshare, so not all dates will work even when conforming to the rules. If you don't want to call, you can book it via ITA script with advanced routing codes
What are the rules on the AY fare? Is a very long (4 month) stop-over possible in NYC?
Old May 1, 2016, 8:16 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Who thinks this is an error fare? This is definitely not that.
Old May 1, 2016, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Those codes are serious stuff indeed. Might be material for a MR seminar or so.
Old May 2, 2016, 1:03 am

Originally Posted by henkybaby
Yeah, but there is also the exMAN and exDUB fare, the exMAD to SCL fare etc. So I doubt they will pull this one. I like people coming up with alternative names for error fares, but this isn't one of them.
Didn't mean it in a sneaky way, I really believe they are a small attack on AF/DL hub combined with an attempt to fill excessive capacity in business class from PAR (don't have any evidence at hand, but definitely read at least 2 trip reports from 2015 where travelers mentioned half of BC empty on CLT-CDG and CDG-BOS). To start even considering it an EF, the price should at least twice cheaper, and even then I would have might doubts, I expect more fares like this this year from every alliance.
Old May 2, 2016, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by kmzandrew
What are the rules on the AY fare? Is a very long (4 month) stop-over possible in NYC?
Code:
Category 7: Maximum stay requirements

TRAVEL FROM LAST STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO LATER THAN
  MIDNIGHT 12 MONTHS AFTER DEPARTURE FROM FARE ORIGIN.

Category 8: Stopover restrictions

UNLIMITED STOPOVERS PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION AT
      EUR 75.00 EACH.
That's from IB, AY is similar. No extra restrictions that I see.
Old May 2, 2016, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by cesco.g
Those codes are serious stuff indeed. Might be material for a MR seminar or so.
Unless you're sarcastic no, they are quite simple, just a bit of a time investment needed, but they definitely should be in arsenal of any serious MRer. Good thing is there is a reasonable amount of experts in FT, who might help you with explanations and hints, should you need any. And there is already an excessive topic, where 90% of the questions you might have, are already unanswered. What IS important though, is a solid understanding of fare rules - no expert knowledge of IT codes will help you, if what you're trying to achieve is not allowed by fare itself.
Old May 2, 2016, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
twice cheaper
half?
Old May 2, 2016, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Didn't mean it in a sneaky way, I really believe they are a small attack on AF/DL hub combined with an attempt to fill excessive capacity in business class from PAR (don't have any evidence at hand, but definitely read at least 2 trip reports from 2015 where travelers mentioned half of BC empty on CLT-CDG and CDG-BOS). To start even considering it an EF, the price should at least twice cheaper, and even then I would have might doubts, I expect more fares like this this year from every alliance.
Oh yes, I agree. Just don't think that the 500/700 euro *A returns to the USA exOSL where anything else than an error fare.
Old May 2, 2016, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
half?
Yeah, sorry, english is not my native language, I meant half the price.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.