Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

DL ->ORD-MAD in J ~$2100 RT - starting May

Old Apr 29, 16, 11:26 am
Original Poster

From May through the end of July - didn't try other city pairs...looks like some flights could be on AF angled flatbeds (which seem contentious). Worth playing around with.
Old Apr 29, 16, 1:26 pm

tried a few date in June/July from ORD. Seems AA/IB is matching.
Old Apr 29, 16, 2:17 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP
Sweet! AARP time!

Other departure points and destinations available for similar price or slightly more.

Last edited by thepaul500; Apr 29, 16 at 4:36 pm
Old Apr 29, 16, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Ok, now I'm actually trying to book these and all kinds of errors are happening...try to book and the price doubles or suddenly isn't available. Argh.
Old Apr 29, 16, 5:43 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
I can't seem to find this. Can someone give some sample dates and fares? What online booking site.

Is the fare gone?
Old Apr 29, 16, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

I think it might be gone...that was quick...I was able to run test fares this morning on google flights...now that I sit down to book, the fares come up, but then when I click a link to book on the airline site, the prices is always like double....
Old Apr 30, 16, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Flying whoever is most convenient
typical "flash" sale to spit in the eye of another alliance *A/OW in this case. these usually last a couple of hours. book first, think later, you always have 24 hour to cancel.

anyways Spain is often included in these sales, there will be another, fear not.
Old May 1, 16, 12:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PV_Premier View Post
typical "flash" sale to spit in the eye of another alliance *A/OW in this case. these usually last a couple of hours. book first, think later, you always have 24 hour to cancel.

anyways Spain is often included in these sales, there will be another, fear not.
Thanks for the advice...I'm very new to all of this...had never heard of a flash sale before...definitely will book first and ask questions later going forward! IB:ORD-MAD-BCN/J for $2100RT....exactly what I needed too...one question, do most/all airlines offer refunds if plans change within 24 hours from booking?
Old May 1, 16, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Flying whoever is most convenient
Originally Posted by bd73 View Post
Thanks for the advice...I'm very new to all of this...had never heard of a flash sale before...definitely will book first and ask questions later going forward! IB:ORD-MAD-BCN/J for $2100RT....exactly what I needed too...one question, do most/all airlines offer refunds if plans change within 24 hours from booking?
If the ticket touches the USA there is typically a provision for a free refund within 24 hours. Some airlines (AA notably) provide a 24 hour free "hold" instead.
Old May 1, 16, 9:09 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
If the ticket touches the USA there is typically a provision for a free refund within 24 hours. Some airlines (AA notably) provide a 24 hour free "hold" instead.
From a consumer interest website

Under the DOTís regulations, as long as a customer books a non-refundable ticket at least seven days ahead of the scheduled departure, an airline is required to offer one of two options: allow that customer to change or cancel the trip within 24 hours without penalty, or hold that reservation at the current price for 24 hours without payment.
Old May 2, 16, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, TR 7*, Marriott Tit, UA Gold
Some airlines (AA notably) provide a 24 hour free "hold" instead.
I thought AA changed recently:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...t-read-22.html

Search this Thread
Search Engine: