FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   DL ->ORD-MAD in J ~$2100 RT - starting May (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1762803-dl-ord-mad-j-2100-rt-starting-may.html)

bd73 Apr 29, 2016 10:26 am

DL ->ORD-MAD in J ~$2100 RT - starting May

From May through the end of July - didn't try other city pairs...looks like some flights could be on AF angled flatbeds (which seem contentious). Worth playing around with.

mkadilla Apr 29, 2016 12:26 pm

tried a few date in June/July from ORD. Seems AA/IB is matching.

thepaul500 Apr 29, 2016 1:17 pm

Sweet! AARP time!

Other departure points and destinations available for similar price or slightly more.

bd73 Apr 29, 2016 4:19 pm

Ok, now I'm actually trying to book these and all kinds of errors are happening...try to book and the price doubles or suddenly isn't available. Argh.

smilee Apr 29, 2016 4:43 pm

I can't seem to find this. Can someone give some sample dates and fares? What online booking site.

Is the fare gone?

bd73 Apr 29, 2016 4:52 pm

I think it might be gone...that was quick...I was able to run test fares this morning on google flights...now that I sit down to book, the fares come up, but then when I click a link to book on the airline site, the prices is always like double....

PV_Premier Apr 30, 2016 5:59 pm

typical "flash" sale to spit in the eye of another alliance *A/OW in this case. these usually last a couple of hours. book first, think later, you always have 24 hour to cancel.

anyways Spain is often included in these sales, there will be another, fear not.

bd73 Apr 30, 2016 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by PV_Premier (Post 26559146)
typical "flash" sale to spit in the eye of another alliance *A/OW in this case. these usually last a couple of hours. book first, think later, you always have 24 hour to cancel.

anyways Spain is often included in these sales, there will be another, fear not.

Thanks for the advice...I'm very new to all of this...had never heard of a flash sale before...definitely will book first and ask questions later going forward! IB:ORD-MAD-BCN/J for $2100RT....exactly what I needed too...one question, do most/all airlines offer refunds if plans change within 24 hours from booking?

PV_Premier May 1, 2016 4:39 am

Originally Posted by bd73 (Post 26559868)
Thanks for the advice...I'm very new to all of this...had never heard of a flash sale before...definitely will book first and ask questions later going forward! IB:ORD-MAD-BCN/J for $2100RT....exactly what I needed too...one question, do most/all airlines offer refunds if plans change within 24 hours from booking?

If the ticket touches the USA there is typically a provision for a free refund within 24 hours. Some airlines (AA notably) provide a 24 hour free "hold" instead.

cheltzel May 1, 2016 8:09 am

Originally Posted by PV_Premier (Post 26560486)
If the ticket touches the USA there is typically a provision for a free refund within 24 hours. Some airlines (AA notably) provide a 24 hour free "hold" instead.

From a consumer interest website

Under the DOT’s regulations, as long as a customer books a non-refundable ticket at least seven days ahead of the scheduled departure, an airline is required to offer one of two options: allow that customer to change or cancel the trip within 24 hours without penalty, or hold that reservation at the current price for 24 hours without payment.

Zorak May 2, 2016 10:35 am

Originally Posted by PV_Premier (Post 26560486)
Some airlines (AA notably) provide a 24 hour free "hold" instead.

I thought AA changed recently:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...t-read-22.html