Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

EK/MH CMB-KUL-DXB EKA380 Business ~$640 RT

EK/MH CMB-KUL-DXB EKA380 Business ~$640 RT

Reply

Old Apr 23, 16, 1:09 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: DUD,IVC,WLG
Programs: NZ*G, AB Gold, Hilton Honours Gold
Posts: 14
Smile EK/MH CMB-KUL-DXB EKA380 Business ~$640 RT

Colombo to Dubai Via Kuala Lumpur flying on MH to KUL then on EK A380 from KUL-DXB Available throughout the year, plenty of availability.

Book on Malaysia Airlines
Attached Images  
samrajapaksa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 16, 1:56 am
  #2  
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: N/A
Programs: GGL/CCR
Posts: 4,132
Originally Posted by samrajapaksa View Post
Colombo to Dubai Via Kuala Lumpur flying on MH to KUL then on EK A380 from KUL-DXB Available throughout the year, plenty of availability.

Book on Malaysia Airlines
Nice find!!!
I would book this but don't think BA tier points can be earned on MH flights operated by EK, what a pity!
nufnuf77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 16, 8:48 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,408
Thanks OP
mileageking is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 16, 12:39 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: YYZ/SFO/HKG/TXL
Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, Fairmont Plat, SPG Plat
Posts: 1,420
Very nice find!
Bonaventure is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 16, 1:11 pm
  #5  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: SHA, SIN, AMS
Programs: BA, SQ, EK, FB, SPG
Posts: 452
Originally Posted by nufnuf77 View Post
Nice find!!!
I would book this but don't think BA tier points can be earned on MH flights operated by EK, what a pity!
Will it credit to QF?
QR has a fare on this route for 600 but this accrues a fair bit more miles.
expatOWflyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 16, 1:43 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: DFW
Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Posts: 2,824
Originally Posted by expatOWflyer View Post
Will it credit to QF?
QR has a fare on this route for 600 but this accrues a fair bit more miles.
If only you could use miles to upgrade to F on EK :-/
oneworld82 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 16, 2:28 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Here
Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Posts: 1,294
This fare has been around for ages and Kul-Dxb-Kul will only credit to MH Enrich.

Last edited by ashkale; Apr 23, 16 at 2:38 pm
ashkale is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 16, 5:51 pm
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: DUD,IVC,WLG
Programs: NZ*G, AB Gold, Hilton Honours Gold
Posts: 14
There are comparable fares from Colombo- Dubai, however this routes you via KUL, but it's the 7hours each way in the Emirates A380 which surpasses all the rest.
samrajapaksa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 16, 5:53 pm
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: DUD,IVC,WLG
Programs: NZ*G, AB Gold, Hilton Honours Gold
Posts: 14
Originally Posted by expatOWflyer View Post
Will it credit to QF?
QR has a fare on this route for 600 but this accrues a fair bit more miles.
The CMB-KUL legs are however the rest can't be credited to QF unfortunately
samrajapaksa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 16, 6:34 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Here
Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Posts: 1,294
Originally Posted by samrajapaksa View Post
There are comparable fares from Colombo- Dubai, however this routes you via KUL, but it's the 7hours each way in the Emirates A380 which surpasses all the rest.
This fare also ensures an exceptionally poor seat selection. Please be prepared to be stuck in the middle seat of 2-3-2 business class..jeez.
ashkale is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 16, 6:41 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Programs: LH SEN, VA Plat, BA Gold
Posts: 462
Originally Posted by ashkale View Post
This fare also ensures an exceptionally poor seat selection. Please be prepared to be stuck in the middle seat of 2-3-2 business class..jeez.
Or you could pick the option with the A380 on EK ... your point being? If this is not the fare for you, so be it. I'm sure others can put it into good use.

Thank you OP!
im.daniel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 16, 6:48 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Here
Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Posts: 1,294
Point being it doesnt earn miles anywhere, you cant credit to any other program except MH, your seating options are limited and overall doesnt really give a premium experience.
ashkale is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 16, 1:19 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,479
You can credit to Emirates skywards since they have the partnership between their FFP
tboons is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 16, 1:33 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: U.K.
Programs: UA 1K; QR P; MR P; IHG SpAmb; HH D
Posts: 638
I don't suppose the EK operated flights can be credited to AS?
a9504477 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 16, 4:00 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Here
Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Posts: 1,294
Originally Posted by tboons View Post
You can credit to Emirates skywards since they have the partnership between their FFP
No credits to AS and no tier points either on Skywards only RDMs.
ashkale is online now  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: