Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: LAX - UIO (via MIA) $753 in J APR/MAY+

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA: LAX - UIO (via MIA) $753 in J APR/MAY+

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2016, 7:34 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro 2MM, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
I was all ready to pull the trigger on this for the fall but I credit my AA miles to AS... nervous that there will be a devaluation by then.
Even so, a ticket booked in J on AA should still earn at least the actual flight miles. Crediting DL flights in premium cabins to AS earns anywhere from 125-200% of actual flight miles. I don't know why it would be different with AA. The big cut on earning will come on deeply discounted economy tickets.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 7:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Originally Posted by Flying Buccaneer
Even so, a ticket booked in J on AA should still earn at least the actual flight miles. Crediting DL flights in premium cabins to AS earns anywhere from 125-200% of actual flight miles. I don't know why it would be different with AA. The big cut on earning will come on deeply discounted economy tickets.
I think you misunderstood the posters concern, which seems to be that AS may be about devalue the redemption of miles for flights.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Buccaneer
True, good point.

Originally Posted by nonesuch flyer
I think you misunderstood the posters concern, which seems to be that AS may be about devalue the redemption of miles for flights.
No, I was actually concerned about how many EQM I would be able to credit to AS for this -- trying to get Gold 75k again this year. But, also worried about the increase in cost of award tickets to be honest...
Old Apr 6, 2016, 3:37 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by nonesuch flyer
That's a concern with any airline nowadays.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 10:24 am

Programs: Aadvantage ExPlt, SPG Platinum 100, Alaska 75K
Just got back from Uio. Both ways they subbed old 2-2-2 763's on the route btwn mia and Uio. So much for all lie flat. I thought all of the 763's had been reconfigured but I guess not
Old Apr 15, 2016, 11:27 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by lovenola
Just got back from Uio. Both ways they subbed old 2-2-2 763's on the route btwn mia and Uio. So much for all lie flat. I thought all of the 763's had been reconfigured but I guess not
I'm doing LAX-JFK-MIA-UIO 5/6 - 5/9 and then again 5/30 - 6/1
I got them for $815 and $811
Bummer about equipment change.
Any tips for one day activities in Quito? Probably staying in Sheraton in the 'business district'
If anyone is in town and wants to split cab fare to equator I'd be game. Seems like something worth visiting since I'm there, but maybe not quite $80 worth (~$40 each way from what I could find)
Old Apr 15, 2016, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
I'll be on this run May 12-15. Anybody else?
Old Apr 15, 2016, 3:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Originally Posted by lovenola
This switch happened to me at the last moment on a CDG-JFK flight. There seem to be quite a few of the old configuration 767s around. Even on routes that normally have the refurbished metal , a mechanical problem will likely result in one of the old style being slotted in.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by xdaniel
I'm doing LAX-JFK-MIA-UIO 5/6 - 5/9 and then again 5/30 - 6/1
I got them for $815 and $811
Bummer about equipment change.
Any tips for one day activities in Quito? Probably staying in Sheraton in the 'business district'
If anyone is in town and wants to split cab fare to equator I'd be game. Seems like something worth visiting since I'm there, but maybe not quite $80 worth (~$40 each way from what I could find)
Old Quito is fantastic for walking around. Lots of shopping, old churches, courtyards, etc.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 11:37 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
I am not doing this fare, but I've been to UIO and I love Quito! The old town is really cute (as mentioned by Boogie711). I stayed there for 4 nights and enjoyed the city and its surroundings. I went hiking around Cotopaxi one day and also there are horse-riding close to Quito.

Having that said, Quito is also at 2,850m / 9,300' - trying to pack everything in one day is going to be pretty tiring.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by nov11
I am not doing this fare, but I've been to UIO and I love Quito! The old town is really cute (as mentioned by Boogie711). I stayed there for 4 nights and enjoyed the city and its surroundings. I went hiking around Cotopaxi one day and also there are horse-riding close to Quito.

Having that said, Quito is also at 2,850m / 9,300' - trying to pack everything in one day is going to be pretty tiring.
The horseback riding / hiking around Cotapaxi is world class! But - if you live at sea level, don't try to do it on your first and or only day there. If you can pull it off, you're a better man than I.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 9:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold 75K, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Earthquake

Hoping anybody who took this MR and is in Quito is safe and sound after the earthquake.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 4:46 pm

Programs: AF Platinum, UA Platinum Million Miler Lifetime Gold, QR Platinum, HH Lifetime Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by bchips
Hoping anybody who took this MR and is in Quito is safe and sound after the earthquake.
I am due Wednesday to fly, has anyone heard anything from the airlines? Are they offering cancellation as yet? I think I might cancel..... or postpone to later on in the the year
Old Apr 17, 2016, 7:57 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by RabbitohRob
I am due Wednesday to fly, has anyone heard anything from the airlines? Are they offering cancellation as yet? I think I might cancel..... or postpone to later on in the the year
Yes. AA posted a travel alert for UIO and GYE, but you are just outside of the travel advisory dates.

From AA's Travel Alert Webpage

Airports affected:
Guayaquil, Ecuador (GYE)
Quito, Ecuador (UIO)

A one-time ticketing fee will be waived for travel changes if you:

Are traveling on an American or American Eagle flight
Purchased your original flight before April 17, 2016
Scheduled to travel April 17 - 19, 2016 to/through/from the affected airports
Are flexible to travel April 18 - 25, 2016
Please call to change your ticket.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 8:21 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by xdaniel
I spent a few nights in Quito last June... part of a trip report that still hasn't written itself. Two things I would highly recommend in Quito are

1. The Free Walking Tour. Just google "Free Walking Tour Quito" and you'll find it. The tour leaves from the Community Hostel near Mercado Central and takes about 3 hours. My guide spoke excellent English, and all that's expected at the end is a tip ($5 per person). Also, you can find lots of cafes in the Old Town serving $2 lunches.

2. Take the TeleferiQo to the top of Pichincha Volcano. It's about 14000 feet above sea level, so catch your breath before exploring. The TeleferiQo itself is pretty awesome as it makes it way up the side of the mountain, but the scenery at the top is spectacular, especially if the clouds part for a view of Quito below. Just don't go up and turn around and go back down without walking around a bit.

One other thing, if anyone is taking an early flight out of UIO, you might consider spending the night before at the Quito Airport Suites. The accommodations are basic but clean, and the guy who runs the place is very welcoming. His wife will prepare dinner for a charge, and beer is available. The surrounding countryside is beautiful, and I thought it was a nice change from Quito. At $49 a night, the place was a great value.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.