Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

TK: YYZ/YUL-FCO/MXP/BLQ/BEG/PRN/ATH/CAI/IST/TLV & more $2200-2500CAD; $1700-1930 USD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TK: YYZ/YUL-FCO/MXP/BLQ/BEG/PRN/ATH/CAI/IST/TLV & more $2200-2500CAD; $1700-1930 USD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2017, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Yul-cdg 2500cad

The sales are long gone but atm I am seeing the only city pair that's close to 2016 sale, is YUL-CDG for $2500 CAD.

Unfortunately for US residents the weak USD will mean higher fare, the lowest through OTA is vayama.com at $1950 USD, usual OTA caveats apply.

TK fares (Y and J alike) out of Canada have risen significantly over the last 2 months and very few city pairs (married segments) have J fares available.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 4:28 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by vincewy
The sales are long gone but atm I am seeing the only city pair that's close to 2016 sale, is YUL-CDG for $2500 CAD.

Unfortunately for US residents the weak USD will mean higher fare, the lowest through OTA is vayama.com at $1950 USD, usual OTA caveats apply.

TK fares (Y and J alike) out of Canada have risen significantly over the last 2 months and very few city pairs (married segments) have J fares available.
TK fares out of ORD have held steady and possibly have dropped a bit. You can get ORD-FCO for approximately $2100 i J now. It was over $2500 a couple of months ago as I recall.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

YYZ-AMM/BEY/FCO/KBP on sale

Good TK J deals out of YYZ are scarce these days, but I thought some might be interested

https://www.vayama.com/flightresults...ate=2019-07-08

As low as $2700 CAD FCO/KBP, lowest found on Vayama from $1936 USD. Availability during the summer.

Also to AMM and BEY at $2575 (CAD) from YYZ, lowest I found from Vayama is $1881 USD in Feb 2020.

This time it seems only AMM, BEY, FCO and KBP (Kiev, Ukraine) fall under this sale, other Italian cities cost more this time. Valid until May 6th.
margarita girl likes this.

Last edited by vincewy; Apr 14, 2019 at 2:45 pm
Old Apr 13, 2019, 9:03 pm

Good TK J deals out of YYZ are scarce these days, but I thought some might be interested

https://www.vayama.com/flightresults?adt=1&chd=0&cls=B&inf=0&out0_arr=FCO &out0_arr_all=false&out0_date=2019-06-29&out0_dep=YYZ&out0_dep_all=false&in0_date=2019-07-08

As low as $1936(KBP)/$1966(FCO) USD from vayama.com, officially $2700 CAD from thy.com

This time it seems only FCO and KBP (Kiev, Ukraine) fall under this sale, other Italian cities cost more this time. Valid until May 6th.
A coworker was asking me about decent fares from YYZ/YUL (he works and lives in Montreal) to ATH. I don't see any decent TK prices from either city to ATH right now. Do you have any ideas/thoughts on this?
Old Apr 13, 2019, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cheltzel
A coworker was asking me about decent fares from YYZ/YUL (he works and lives in Montreal) to ATH. I don't see any decent TK prices from either city to ATH right now. Do you have any ideas/thoughts on this?
TK is doing quite well these days, in fact for E+ members it's been difficult to redeem their upgrade vouchers. I'm about to fly YUL-IST next week and for the first time (when I'm flying of course) I'm seeing full J cabin.

The cheapest of what you mentioned now is (still not cheap IMO when you can fly to Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, and Bangkok for less) YUL-ATH at $3500 CAD. BTW, this is the lowest revenue J fares.

He can take advantage of certain cheap J fares, here's my idea.

1. Book YYZ-IST-FCO and book separate FCO-ATH with A3, those intra-EU flights are cheap nowadays under $200. However, he'll also have to get to Toronto.

2. Crazy Option 2, book YUL-IST-SIN/BKK for the same price, create stopovers in IST for as long as you want one/both ways, and fly to Asia quickly at some point during his stay in Greece, just top up with 1 cheap IST-ATH ticket from A3.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 9:49 pm

TK is doing quite well these days, in fact for E+ members it's been difficult to redeem their upgrade vouchers. I'm about to fly YUL-IST next week and for the first time (when I'm flying of course) I'm seeing full J cabin.

The cheapest of what you mentioned now is (still not cheap IMO when you can fly to Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, and Bangkok for less) YUL-ATH at $3500 CAD. BTW, this is the lowest revenue J fares.

1. Book YYZ-IST-FCO and book separate FCO-ATH with A3, those intra-EU flights are cheap nowadays under $200. However, he'll also have to get to Toronto.

2. Crazy Option 2, book YUL-IST-SIN/BKK for the same price, create stopovers in IST for as long as you want one/both ways, and fly to Asia quickly at some point during his stay in Greece, just top up with 1 cheap IST-ATH ticket from A3.
If it were me, I'd go for option 2 in a heartbeat.

But I'll keep option 1 in mind. My friend and his SO are going on a general sightseeing holiday. And if it works out that they can hit FCO as well as ATH, it might be attractive to them.

Thanks!

Update: Actually the prices of YUL to FCO, VCE and MXP are cheaper on TK than the flights from YYZ, if you include the positioning flights from YUL.

Last edited by cheltzel; Apr 13, 2019 at 10:02 pm
Old Apr 14, 2019, 9:05 pm

I’m trying to get YYZ IST RT with TK, but the cheapest fare is close to $4k CAD. Need to buy 4 tickets, hoping I can find something for $2500ish for the summer.

Any chance it will happen?
Old Apr 14, 2019, 11:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by spideysense
I’m trying to get YYZ IST RT with TK, but the cheapest fare is close to $4k CAD. Need to buy 4 tickets, hoping I can find something for $2500ish for the summer.

Any chance it will happen?
I'm afraid it's next to nil.

Here's one idea I have. Try to book YYZ-IST and return as planned. In the middle of stay in Istanbul, fly to Rome on Sat and return on Sunday, the fare rule requires at least 1 Sat night stay at destination.

You can save even more if you can do the Sat/Sun return to Amman or Beirut. The catch is your outbound to BEY/AMM has to arrive by 23:59 Sat and the return has to depart after midnight on Sunday, I believe TK's flight to ME tend to arrive around midnight so check the schedule carefully.

p.s. I justed tested YYZ-IST, ISY-BEY (Sat), BEY-IST (Sun), IST-YYZ for $2632 CAD. All in J.
jfkeze likes this.

Last edited by vincewy; Apr 14, 2019 at 11:41 pm
Old Apr 15, 2019, 11:52 am

We actually need to head to TSE, do you think that would work? Got little ones with us, so doing a one day run to Rome or Beirut won’t be feasible.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

We actually need to head to TSE, do you think that would work? Got little ones with us, so doing a one day run to Rome or Beirut won’t be feasible.
Given the extra amount of money you need to get to TSE, why not just buy YYZ-IST-TSE round trip in J? It's not much more than this deal under 4K CAD, plus you can stay in IST for as long as you want (TK doesn't limit stopovers).
Old Apr 15, 2019, 12:54 pm

I would, but when I check for June / July, I see it over C$4k. Where are you searching?
Old Apr 15, 2019, 3:59 pm

I would, but when I check for June / July, I see it over C$4k. Where are you searching?
In order to give you a better answer, how long of a stay do you need? Looking in June/July for stays between 9 and 14 days I am seeing $3822 CAD on TK for limited days (end of June/early July).

Last edited by cheltzel; Apr 15, 2019 at 4:05 pm
Old Apr 15, 2019, 4:34 pm

I hadn't read about the good fares on TP from YUL/YYZ to SIN/BKK/KUL. Is it posted somewhere on this forum, or do you have more details?
Old Apr 15, 2019, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sfvoyage
I hadn't read about the good fares on TP from YUL/YYZ to SIN/BKK/KUL. Is it posted somewhere on this forum, or do you have more details?
TK: YUL-SIN/SGN J $2700/$3075 CAD (under 2k USD)

Here, and it has more availability (dates wise) than those deals to Europe and ME, crazy. You fly twice as much (also double the miles) and pay almost half. Best part is you can create stopover for as long as you want until EOS, which opens scenario if you want to combine (or found) cheap Europe - North America J fares which occur more frequently.

Last edited by vincewy; Apr 16, 2019 at 1:34 pm
Old Apr 15, 2019, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by cheltzel
In order to give you a better answer, how long of a stay do you need? Looking in June/July for stays between 9 and 14 days I am seeing $3822 CAD on TK for limited days (end of June/early July).
Looking to head out on 6/22 or 6/23, spend about 14 days in IST and 2-3 weeks in TSE.

Appreciate the help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.