Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY: DUB-PEK 1299 eur

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2016, 6:26 am

Programs: AA EXP IC AMBASSADOR/DIAMOND Tk/ELITE (*G), JumeirahONE Gold
Originally Posted by roy2016
Thanks a lot! Why I didn't try this one? I will check the latest flight departure time from London, and see if my schedule will be fit for it. I also checked the map for DUB terminals, just in case. Thank you guys

I am based in Dublin and often connect with BA. You may be lucky but the connection time is almost impossible.

BA are typically late due to issues in LHR mainly.

Early morning queues can be terrible in Dublin as well if you need to re-check.

If you cannot make the last BA flight the day before. Ryanair has some very late/ early flights from Stansted so you may consider this.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 6:40 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by palermo
I am based in Dublin and often connect with BA. You may be lucky but the connection time is almost impossible.

BA are typically late due to issues in LHR mainly.

Early morning queues can be terrible in Dublin as well if you need to re-check.

If you cannot make the last BA flight the day before. Ryanair has some very late/ early flights from Stansted so you may consider this.
roy2016, I would be completely insane to plan such regional/short-haul to long-haul J/F connection with 2 separate tickets. If you're pressed for time I'd just take Ryanair out of STN like what palermo suggested, unless you're OK with losing the entire trip, miles, and status renewal.

Usually I am willing to take some risks if it's the other way around (J long-haul connecting regional flight) since it's much easier, quicker, and cheaper to get a back-up ticket.

If you're going somewhere else (besides PEK) I hope you'd plan the same connection (overnight) returning to DUB prudently since missing the connection will cost you dearly and getting you stranded in PEK.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 8:18 pm

Programs: BA GOLD
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by vincewy
roy2016, I would be completely insane to plan such regional/short-haul to long-haul J/F connection with 2 separate tickets. If you're pressed for time I'd just take Ryanair out of STN like what palermo suggested, unless you're OK with losing the entire trip, miles, and status renewal.

Usually I am willing to take some risks if it's the other way around (J long-haul connecting regional flight) since it's much easier, quicker, and cheaper to get a back-up ticket.

If you're going somewhere else (besides PEK) I hope you'd plan the same connection (overnight) returning to DUB prudently since missing the connection will cost you dearly and getting you stranded in PEK.
Thanks for all of your good advices. I have checked my schedule and planning to change my LHR-DUB flight to a night before, my other flights all have very long connection time, but this LHR-DUB segment, which makes me a headache. I think it is worthwhile if getting to DUB a night before the departure and it makes more sense. Also I will be at peace slightly in the morning instead of worrying the connection.

Thanks to you all
Old Apr 11, 2016, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by roy2016
Yup, I just checked my outbound HEL-PEK leg, they swapped from A350 to A330. Although inbound remain unchanged for A350 for the time being. But who knows if they are going to make the change at last minute again? So disappointed
That's ay for you. Had so many swaps this year I couldn't even keep track lol.the worst was that private style b@s plane.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by surftb15
That's ay for you. Had so many swaps this year I couldn't even keep track lol.the worst was that private style b@s plane.
It sounds like they tried to trick us for booking there flights, then swap aircraft after they got us.
Old May 2, 2016, 4:34 pm

Unluckily, 2nd segment HEL-PEK flight was cancelled at last minute, and Finnair rerouted people from HEL-ARN-PEK with Air China. Unluckily, upon arrival at ARN, there was a fire alarm went off at ARN airport with a lot of smoke. Very chaotic situation after arrival, missed the ARN-PEK flight due to this delay. We were not able to make it, instead people are taking ARN-PEK flight tomorrow with Air China. Very unhelpful staff at Helsinki airport. No one tells passengers anything about the rerouting and transfer centre just simply told passengers to go to gate 22, and not many people know what is going to happen after. I demand a rerouted from ARN-LHR-PEK with BA instead. Can't deal with Finnair any more. It's worse than Rynnair even.
The flight from DUB-HEL is a nightmare. An old aircraft, with a very small pitch for seat, even for a small person. Would never fly with Finnair again after this trip. There is no A350 in operation for HEL-PEK route. Even later they do put A350 for this route, you are advised not to fly with it, as a 3 hrs of DUB-HEL flight with this aged aircraft is something everyone should avoid at all cost! The worst flying experience ever. No airline may be able to compete for the worst with AY (within OW alliance).

Last edited by roy2016; May 2, 2016 at 4:46 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.