Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

BA/CX: DUB-SYD in J for $3048, 26442 EQM, 40K EQP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2015, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, SPG PLT, Hyatt PLT, Hilton Silver

I first posted this deal here:

http://first2board.com/runningforsta...ess-roundtrip/

Can do DUB-LHR-SIN-HKG-SYD in J for $3048 (slightly higher around $3200-$3400 on some dates) Seems like min stay total is a week.

Its BA for DUB-LHR-SIN and CX on SIN-HKG and HKG-SYD. To do it without a long layover, LHR-SIN is on Airbus 380 but you can do an overnight layover in SIN to get Boeing 747 for LHR-SIN.

If you really want to squeeze a few more miles, you can do REK-LHR....SYD for 2k more miles total and REK may be cheaper to get to from the US thanks to WOW air and icelandair. However, availability of this route is limted or more expensive at around $3400-3600.

To book it, go to aa.com and do multi-city.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 2:00 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Also works for PER and for max miles you can route DUB-LHR-PEK-KUL-HKG-SYD-PER r/t for the same price just under £2000.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 6:54 am

The PER routing cited works out to 32k BIS miles for $3k. That's ~9.3 CPM according to my handy calculator. Not bad for business!!
Old Nov 1, 2015, 9:25 am
Original Poster

God damn, I wished I posted it before I booked it! Not that I needed more miles but just sounds like fun!

Also can do AKL for about 3200 USD (not sure how the routing would go)

How would you book that though? I had a hard enough time trying to squeeze in SIN-HKG-SYD b/c many engines only can do 6 separate segments in multicity. Does routing through PEK, then PEK-SYD force it through KUL and HKG?
Old Nov 1, 2015, 9:39 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by evildoughboi
God damn, I wished I posted it before I booked it! Not that I needed more miles but just sounds like fun!

How would you book that though? I had a hard enough time trying to squeeze in SIN-HKG-SYD b/c many engines only can do 6 separate segments in multicity. Does routing through PEK, then PEK-SYD force it through KUL and HKG?
I would book through a TA, there is one good that I know can do these complex routings and also apply your GUF(upgrade vouchers from BA to get you to First), danielbk is handling all such bookings at Propeller.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 1:56 pm

Programs: QF,US,ANA
You can get BNE for a similar price as well.

According to the rules the max stay is 12 months ,
If I did a phone booking with AA would I be able to get them to give me a free change to a later return date ?

as I want to fly out July 2016 and return just under 12 months later ?
Old Nov 1, 2015, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ianp
You can get BNE for a similar price as well.

According to the rules the max stay is 12 months ,
If I did a phone booking with AA would I be able to get them to give me a free change to a later return date ?

as I want to fly out July 2016 and return just under 12 months later ?
You can only book whatever they load on their calendar so I don't think they will be able to give you June 2016-2017 (or let you change it once the calendar opens up). Most schedules are only a year out so you wouldn't be able to book that unless its a day or two before your departure, or you book some kind of flexible or open-ended ticket.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by evildoughboi

just call BA (this isn't a mistake fare), it's the easiest way. Or use a good TA.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 8:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, QF, BA
OSL/CPH were avail for £1600 until recently. Looking for one of these fares for NY.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.