Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

CX/EK/KL: AMS - DPS ~€1700 business

Old Oct 14, 2015, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Seems like three airlines are competing on the route Amsterdam to Denpasar Bali
Prices around €1700-€1800

https://www.kayak.de/flights/AMS-DPS...05-24/business
Old Oct 14, 2015, 10:36 am
Suspended

Typical for that route.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Typical for that route.
Total nonsense as I fly this many times per year. It is in fact a VERY good deal but is has been around for a while. Normal (CX) prices are around €2800. Even MH does not offer this route under €2500 anymore.

So, kudos to the OP for finding it, as you can only book it directly on CX's website. ^

It is rather discouraging if people try to contribute and then someone comes along berating him and telling nonsense at the same time....
Old Oct 14, 2015, 10:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by henkybaby
Total nonsense as I fly this many times per year. It is in fact a VERY good deal but is has been around for a while. Normal (CX) prices are around €2800. Even MH does not offer this route under €2500 anymore.

So, kudos to the OP for finding it, as you can only book it directly on CX's website. ^

It is rather discouraging if people try to contribute and then someone comes along berating him and telling nonsense at the same time....
You are the one saying "nonsense".
I track this route for a long time and if you buy well in advance, you can get it for €1700.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 12:07 pm
JvZ

I follow prices on this route as well and must admit that Dieuwer is right..
Old Oct 14, 2015, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

So 2 guys know there is a route that often has a good price in business class, but there rest of FT isn't allow to know apparently... ? And I'm sceptical that EK offers low fares all the time?
Old Oct 14, 2015, 7:43 pm

Programs: *G SPG Platinum
CX also has very good fares ex OSL for this route around EUR1600.

But not that easy to find avail.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 8:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Originally Posted by TravelUnlimited
So 2 guys know there is a route that often has a good price in business class, but there rest of FT isn't allow to know apparently... ? And I'm sceptical that EK offers low fares all the time?
There is a search function on this forum learn to use it before coming out with unlimited nonsense. This fare has been around forever, and I have flown on even cheaper versions of these, thanks to the previous threads on FT. Moderators really are doing a fine job.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
My response was limited to AMS-DPS on CX. If that is their 'regular' fare for AMS-DPS in J, than they have ripped me off repeatedly. MH used to be at that level, but also not anymore. I found some dates where you can book the direct KL flight for €1835 but CX is a much better airline.

Since I fly this route a lot I would be interested in a €1800 fare on a respectable airline without 8hr stopovers any day of the week.

Sorry for the use of 'nonsense'. I meant that I never seen this price on CX before (on this route). I know that you can fly OSL for less and sometimes QR too. Just think that the OP was worthy of a more supportive reply. ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.