Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

LA SCL/IPC return J 457€ AI (7,82 cpm)

LA SCL/IPC return J 457€ AI (7,82 cpm)

Old Aug 17, 2016, 12:31 am

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Originally Posted by ianfly
I took this advice and waited 14 days and decided to put in a partner claim and got this error

"Your claim can not be submitted as a similar is already approved by the partner."

I have never experienced anything like this... what should I do?

Sorry to pick on you personally, but if anyone could help
I think you just need to wait... There were two of us flying, me crediting to QF and he crediting to BA. All the QF ones were fine, still waiting with the BA. Submitted a claim for the flights that have not credited. Still waiting!
Old Apr 14, 2017, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
This is still good, after all these years...

I just checked the fare now, it is 378k Chilean ($580) roundtrip in D/I on the Chilean LATAM website...On the 787...
Old Apr 14, 2017, 11:57 am

Programs: IHG Spire, CA Gold
Before there is MEX-LIM-SCL-IPC for US$1450 RTN and bookable on expedia
Old Apr 14, 2017, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by nk15
This is still good, after all these years...

I just checked the fare now, it is 378k Chilean ($580) roundtrip in D/I on the Chilean LATAM website...On the 787...
Seems that you cannot make payment
Old Apr 14, 2017, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by Jase76
I think you just need to wait... There were two of us flying, me crediting to QF and he crediting to BA. All the QF ones were fine, still waiting with the BA. Submitted a claim for the flights that have not credited. Still waiting!
Last time I put LA on BA it takes one month to be credited
Old Apr 14, 2017, 2:03 pm

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by Edward_YUL
Seems that you cannot make payment
You should be able to. I just bought this a few weeks ago. I couldn't remember how I knew to try to buy it off the Chilean site, must have been this thread. Bought with a US based credit card, no problem, ticketed immediately.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Last time I put LA on BA it takes one month to be credited
Last time I flew LA it was an Avios redemption in Y and I got full J credit for it two days later

Win some, lose some.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wish I could fly this again, such a cool fare and trip. It is even cheaper in the fall, 350k clp, but I think the conversion rate USD/CLP has gotten a bit worse than in the past, it was slightly better 2 years ago.

Last edited by nk15; Apr 15, 2017 at 8:22 am
Old Apr 14, 2017, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by IggySD
You should be able to. I just bought this a few weeks ago. I couldn't remember how I knew to try to buy it off the Chilean site, must have been this thread. Bought with a US based credit card, no problem, ticketed immediately.
If you can make the payment, I heard sometimes LA cannot actually charge from the credit card and you can fly for free
Old Apr 14, 2017, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by Calchas
Last time I flew LA it was an Avios redemption in Y and I got full J credit for it two days later

Win some, lose some.
WOW! Lucky Man^
Old Apr 14, 2017, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you can make the payment, I heard sometimes LA cannot actually charge from the credit card and you can fly for free
And I have heard that when you arrive at the Easter Island the Easter Bunny sometimes welcomes you and leads you to an Easter Egg hunt among the Moai...which are filled with Easter Eggs...
Old Apr 14, 2017, 9:09 pm

And I have heard that when you arrive at the Easter Island the Easter Bunny sometimes welcomes you and leads you to an Easter Egg hunt among the Moai...which are filled with Easter Eggs...
^^^^^^^^^^^
Old Apr 15, 2017, 7:56 am

I wish I could fly this before, such a cool fare and trip. It is even cheaper in the fall, 350k clp, but I think the conversion rate USD/CLP has gotten a bit worse than in the past, it was slightly better 2 years ago.
do you have an itinerary? I looked at the LAN Chile site but only found much higher prices.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dutchgirlDH
do you have an itinerary? I looked at the LAN Chile site but only found much higher prices.
To be clear, did you look at their .cl site? The prices are higher if purchased outside Chile.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dutchgirlDH
Yes, you have to change the site country to Chile. This is the website, in Spanish (there may be way to put English, but I booked n Spanish the other day even though I don't speak a word, lol (but it takes some effort, just use google translate to see what the options are):

https://www.latam.com/es_cl/

It is available most of May and June that I checked, but probably year round. Most dates vary between 348-408clp. Actually there are a lot of dates May/June with 348clp (lowest price, about $535!!).

Example dates, June 9- June 15, you will see a very useful booking schedule matrix with all the options.

Last edited by nk15; Apr 15, 2017 at 8:46 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.