Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

HU YYZ-PEK for CAD$2015 in J (credit to AS)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2015, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Also Y for $555.

No tricks. 5-year anniversary of the route sale. Travel between Nov. 22 and Dec. 2nd.

http://www.hainanairlines.com/CA/GB/Home

Credit to AS. Unfortunately falls outside of their double miles promotion.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 7:55 am

Programs: AC
One way or return?
Old Sep 12, 2015, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TelFunku
One way or return?
Return.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 6:49 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
do you have a link or a fare base code?

when i go to the HU site, I only see this for much more money and the departure dates are wrong.

CAD 3274 Round Trip TORONTO - BEIJING
Departure date: 17/09/2015 - 31/12/2015
Business

thanks
Old Sep 13, 2015, 1:01 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Here's the link:

http://www.hainanairlines.com/CA/GB/...AMPAIGN_ID=358

The fare is not bookable quite yet.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by grandgourmand

Credit to AS. Unfortunately falls outside of their double miles promotion.
AS

Business Class Cabin: Earn actual flight miles* flown in C class of service, plus 50% Bonus Miles.
Earn actual flight miles* flown in D class of service, plus 25% Bonus Miles
Earn actual flight miles* flown in I class of service.

EY

CABIN CLASS BOOKING CLASS MILES EARNED

Business C, D 150%
Business I 125%
Business R 100%
Old Sep 14, 2015, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Taggart
Here's the link:

http://www.hainanairlines.com/CA/GB/...AMPAIGN_ID=358

The fare is not bookable quite yet.
Right...there's a countdown clock. A little less than 48hrs before the sale officially starts. Will be curious to see how this sells.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
thank you

I just wanted to say thank you to the OP.

With this sale, I can get to Beijing for about 2k USD counting in the US to Canada economy fare and take the transpac segment in a perfectly lovely 787 business class.

Thanks again. IRL I would send you a postcard. Cheers.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 12:06 am

Programs: UA Plt HertzpresC Avisfirst
Amazing fare

If only I wasn't a slave to UA MP I would have booked this by now! Have never seen such a good fare especially considering our weak dollar these days,,,,This is just over $1500. USD.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by chichow
do you have a link or a fare base code?

when i go to the HU site, I only see this for much more money and the departure dates are wrong.

CAD 3274 Round Trip TORONTO - BEIJING
Departure date: 17/09/2015 - 31/12/2015
Business

thanks
I know this was said above, but just to clarify: to get the rate, you HAVE to book through the special site linked above. If you just type in the same dates with the regular booking engine, it'll cost >3k. That's also why the saleprice doesn't show up on google flights, e.g.

Also important: While 555 in Economy is a great, cheap fare, it earns NO miles on AS. Just in case anyone was looking at that.

Business Hainan R actually shows up as FIRST on Alaska, so you'll earn a sweet, sweet 200% miles even. That's 26300 qualifying miles for ~1500 USD and 5.7cpm for a business fare. Pretttyyyy sweet. So Andrew's post above is actually incorrect, it's even better than that!

SAT 28 NOV
16:20 TORONTO , LESTER B. PEARSON INTERNATIONAL (YYZ)
Terminal 3
18:50 | 29 NOV BEIJING , CAPITAL INTERNATIONAL (PEK)
Terminal 2
Cabin : Business (R)
Fare family : Business Saver

First Class Cabin: Earn actual flight miles* flown in R and F classes of service, plus 100% Bonus Miles.

Might be worth just tucking on a PEK-HKG/TYO flight or so to avoid the need for a visa if you don't want to go to PEK... just 10k avios!
Old Sep 18, 2015, 5:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Smiley90
I know this was said above, but just to clarify: to get the rate, you HAVE to book through the special site linked above. If you just type in the same dates with the regular booking engine, it'll cost >3k. That's also why the saleprice doesn't show up on google flights, e.g.

Also important: While 555 in Economy is a great, cheap fare, it earns NO miles on AS. Just in case anyone was looking at that.

Business Hainan R actually shows up as FIRST on Alaska, so you'll earn a sweet, sweet 200% miles even. That's 26300 qualifying miles for ~1500 USD and 5.7cpm for a business fare. Pretttyyyy sweet. So Andrew's post above is actually incorrect, it's even better than that!

SAT 28 NOV
16:20 TORONTO , LESTER B. PEARSON INTERNATIONAL (YYZ)
Terminal 3
18:50 | 29 NOV BEIJING , CAPITAL INTERNATIONAL (PEK)
Terminal 2
Cabin : Business (R)
Fare family : Business Saver

First Class Cabin: Earn actual flight miles* flown in R and F classes of service, plus 100% Bonus Miles.

Might be worth just tucking on a PEK-HKG/TYO flight or so to avoid the need for a visa if you don't want to go to PEK... just 10k avios!
Thanks for the additional info. And thanks for the Tokyo idea. Must. Resist. Temptation. Wife. Will. Kill. Me.

An another note...when is HU celebrating a 5-year anniversary on different route?

Last edited by grandgourmand; Sep 18, 2015 at 5:31 am
Old Sep 18, 2015, 8:40 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Aeroplan
This is a fantastic deal, and grandgourmand is correct. "Must. Resist. Temptation. Wife. Will. Kill. Me." I really want to go to Beijing for a mileage top off and good Chinese meal over the Thanksgiving holiday, but I just don't see it happening.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My SO is Chinese but I fear she'll kill me if I go anyway... If the departure window wasn't restricted to just 2 weeks end of november I'd be soooo going for Chinese new year in February...
Old Sep 18, 2015, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Smiley90
My SO is Chinese but I fear she'll kill me if I go anyway... If the departure window wasn't restricted to just 2 weeks end of november I'd be soooo going for Chinese new year in February...
I guess you don't want to nest a trip? REturn dates extend way past Chinese NY.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by grandgourmand
I guess you don't want to nest a trip? REturn dates extend way past Chinese NY.
Mhmmm.... PEK-YVR is 840 CAD for a RT dec-feb, I'll have to think about it. Optimally the return trip would take me through somewhere I can stay without a visa (like Japan) but no cheap fares for that. Maybe I'll just do TYO-YVR and buy a cheap avios PEK-TYO ticket... So much to think!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.