Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

CX/BA/QR: OSL Oslo - HKG Hong Kong €1396/$1567

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX/BA/QR: OSL Oslo - HKG Hong Kong €1396/$1567

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2015, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by Schwann
My advice would be (assuming you're not planning on dumping the LHR-OSL leg)...

Outward: OSL-LHR-HKG on BA for the first bit & then CX.
Return: HKG-DOH-OSL on CX/QR.

Then on the way back, you don't feel like you're totally going back on yourself by flying LHR-OSL-LHR when you're likely tired/jetlagged etc.
Well, the CX flight would give you 6 hours or so longer in HKG, with fairly much the same arrivals time.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 2:15 am

Programs: BA Gold QFF WP AA EXP Marriott PPE HH Diam
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Only about €1100 more to go through to AKL with CX (BA OSL-LHR-HKG, CX HKG-AKL, CX AKL-HKG, BA HKG-LHR-OSL).
Best I can find is via CX Website 27000 NOK. Do you have an example?
Old Sep 7, 2015, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by Moindardt
Best I can find is via CX Website 27000 NOK. Do you have an example?
It is gone at the price I had mentioned.

Last edited by TheBOSman; Sep 7, 2015 at 7:56 am
Old Sep 7, 2015, 8:09 pm

Exclamation

I like to do SYD from OSL BA is pricing it at $2714 about 40% less than others - will BA end up cancelling it as error fare?
is this even a good deal?

https://www.kayak.com/flights/OSL-HK...12-09/business
Old Sep 8, 2015, 10:01 am

Programs: BA Silver
Guys,

before i pull the trigger on this, can someone confirm i will earn avios and tier points if the flight is a CX flight number but operated by Qatar as a codeshare?

I just want to be sure but suspect the answer is yes...
Old Sep 8, 2015, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Adam Shaw
Guys,

before i pull the trigger on this, can someone confirm i will earn avios and tier points if the flight is a CX flight number but operated by Qatar as a codeshare?

I just want to be sure but suspect the answer is yes...
Yes as your flight has a code from a oneworld alliance partner, and is operated by a oneworld alliance partner. It will earn according to the airline flight number that is on your ticket, which in this case should be CX.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
It is gone at the price I had mentioned.
And now it appears again to AKL...US$2812 RT, but only for a handful of dates.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 5:49 am

Need some advice.

I've finally sorted my routing for trip which will be (all in I class)

OSL - DOH - HKG using QR788 and Cathay 333 (lie flat)

then a reward flight on Cathay for HKG to PEK

then PEK - HKG - DOH - OSL on return using Cathay 747 then 333 then QR788

This means I get to spend 6 days in HK and 3.5 in Beijing (I've never been to the far east).

Total for this trip is coming in at £1075

If I wait, miss out on this deal in the hope another Qatar 2 for 1 comes up in time for my trip (March), am i likely to save that much money?? I'm aware the QR 2for1s are VERY good value in the past...

(obviously I'd have to do HKG - PEK return as rewards as i don't think it QR 2for1 J sale supports Openjaw)

OR is this about as good as it's going to get for the itinerary and i should just shut up and pull the trigger ??

Opinions/Reassurance gratefully appreciated

Thanks
Old Sep 10, 2015, 1:01 pm

Need some advice.

This means I get to spend 6 days in HK and 3.5 in Beijing (I've never been to the far east).

If I wait, miss out on this deal in the hope another Qatar 2 for 1 comes up in time for my trip (March), am i likely to save that much money?? I'm aware the QR 2for1s are VERY good value in the past...

(obviously I'd have to do HKG - PEK return as rewards as i don't think it QR 2for1 J sale supports Openjaw)

OR is this about as good as it's going to get for the itinerary and i should just shut up and pull the trigger ??

Thanks

Can you tell me dates and how you routed/are booking this? I'm in the same boat as you as I want a 2-4-1 Tokyo!

RAZZ
Old Sep 10, 2015, 5:36 pm

Need some advice.

Thanks
Shut up and pull the trigger :P

This is a good price/ itinerary and IMO you will regret it if you dally and it goes.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 5:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/OWS, Alitalia Freccia Alata/ST Elite Plus, Avis, Hertz
I seem to be getting the deal on open jaw itineraries as well.

I was getting NOK 17,754 OSL/DOH/HKG/DOH/OSL and 19,866 OSL/DOH/HKG/DOH/FRA. So for those flying ex-EU there's a bit more freedom there.

Also the sale seems to be giving decent fares ex-ARN is anybody's interested.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 6:33 am

OK I'm booking my itinerary today however i noticed one problem

For the CX/QR codeshares on the 787 I'm getting

"The seat map is not available for this flight. Please request your seat upon check in."

On Cathays website.

I really wanted to pick specific seats on these flights, two in the middle outbound and return with the lady.

Now i'm concerned that others who book this flight some other way will pick all the best seats and I'll be left with little choice (the flight isn't until March).

If i use a different booking agent perhaps Expedia or Kayak instead of Cathay direct will that make a difference?

When booking with these 3rd parties is there an option to enter BA Exec number too?
Old Sep 11, 2015, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by CmonMunster
I seem to be getting the deal on open jaw itineraries as well.

I was getting NOK 17,754 OSL/DOH/HKG/DOH/OSL and 19,866 OSL/DOH/HKG/DOH/FRA. So for those flying ex-EU there's a bit more freedom there.

Also the sale seems to be giving decent fares ex-ARN is anybody's interested.
There is an MPM clause on this fare. But if you do the Ex-OSL as Ex-SVG or or EX-BGO, you should be able to add at least SIN (Area 3) in one direction for not much more. In theory, both ways with HKG stop but been unable to price that.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"The seat map is not available for this flight. Please request your seat upon check in."

On Cathays website.

I really wanted to pick specific seats on these flights, two in the middle outbound and return with the lady.

Now i'm concerned that others who book this flight some other way will pick all the best seats and I'll be left with little choice (the flight isn't until March).

If i use a different booking agent perhaps Expedia or Kayak instead of Cathay direct will that make a difference?

When booking with these 3rd parties is there an option to enter BA Exec number too?
The booking agent will make no difference.

You will book your seats with the operating carrier

At worse you can supply me with the flight number+ date, I will find you the seat map from ExpertFlyer and then you can call to book seats
Old Sep 11, 2015, 6:47 am

Programs: QR-G, TK-E , WY-G

On Cathays website.

for the QR flight (787) you can reserve your seat from the Qatar Airways website -> manage booking, using your PNR and name,and specify your FF # as well.

*Edit: I see Calchas already answered while I was writing this :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.