Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

DL: Biz class sale to various destinations starts today.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2015, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Origins and Destinations | Round-trip sale fares for Delta One cabin travel from select cities in the United States to select cities in South America and Europe.
Fares | $1,873-4,968* round trip. *Additional fees/restrictions/baggage charges may apply.
Purchase by | September 3, 2015.
Travel Period | November 1, 2015 - January 4, 2016.
Advance Purchase | 50 Days.
Minimum Stay | 7 Days.
Blackout Dates | See city-specific blackout dates.
Other Rules | Tickets may be purchased at delta.com.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 2:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The $1873 in the list is MCO-BSB.

From MSP, I'm seeing RT fares around $4000, depending somewhat on the destination and routing.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
not a great sale by any means but something to pay attention to if you have to book business trips on a specific budget that is too restrictive for typical J fares. however, the 7 day minimum is also a killer.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 7:13 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The day of the week restrictions also bite.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:18 am

They don't seem to be all that strict on enforcing the 7day requirement.... I just sample-booked some 4 and 5 day trips on MCO-BSB around Thanksgiving time, and they all came out for that price still.

It doesn't really add much to do domestic nor Canadian routings feeding into that flight either.... but try it to GRU/GIG, and you bounce up to $4K-5K instantly.

Also, I've independently sampled TAM/Azul cnnx from that flight (out of Brasilia) for only about $110USD, but 10hr+ layover times for all of them. If you want less than 3hrs layover, then triple that price.

As for DL, it really doesn't seem like much of sale, just a push to boost that one route.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:46 am

Good prices if you want to nest with DL or VS going the other way rtn: LHR-MSP,DTW,ORD,ATL about $15-1600
Old Aug 30, 2015, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by ConcordeBoy
They don't seem to be all that strict on enforcing the 7day requirement.... I just sample-booked some 4 and 5 day trips on MCO-BSB around Thanksgiving time, and they all came out for that price still.

It doesn't really add much to do domestic nor Canadian routings feeding into that flight either.... but try it to GRU/GIG, and you bounce up to $4K-5K instantly.

Also, I've independently sampled TAM/Azul cnnx from that flight (out of Brasilia) for only about $110USD, but 10hr+ layover times for all of them. If you want less than 3hrs layover, then triple that price.

As for DL, it really doesn't seem like much of sale, just a push to boost that one route.
I've been unable to see any fare rules that seem to coincide with the terms of the sale, but, as always on delta.dumb, most of my searches end in the statement that fare rules aren't available. For some European destinations, there are business class deals that were around before this sale was announced, so the stuff you're seeing that doesn't require a seven day stay might not be these sale fares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.