Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

[First Class] Garuda Indonesia Amsterdam-Jakarta €5335

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2015, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

I know this isn't what we would typically consider to be a "smokin' deal," but I was very pleasantly surprised to find this reasonable price for AMS-CGK-AMS in what is arguably the most over-the-top F product currently in the sky.

No min stay, seems to be good through EOS.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 3:58 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

I don't see how you can consider Garuda F to be "over the top".
Etihad F, definitely.. but Garuda?
Old Jul 11, 2015, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by izzik
I don't see how you can consider Garuda F to be "over the top".
Etihad F, definitely.. but Garuda?
Etihad's "Residence" product is in a class of its own, way above traditional "F." Did you peruse the attached Garuda F trip report? Given what's presented there, and in a separate trip report on Airliners.Net, I would posture that Garuda F blows Etihad F out of the water.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by ChrisKSDF
Etihad's "Residence" product is in a class of its own, way above traditional "F." Did you peruse the attached Garuda F trip report? Given what's presented there, and in a separate trip report on Airliners.Net, I would posture that Garuda F blows Etihad F out of the water.
I looked it up. It seems like a solid F product. Here is the URL for the trip report.

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...aruda#ID260651

Just a picture of the F cabin

Old Jul 11, 2015, 5:26 pm
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ChrisKSDF
From a soft product standpoint, I think you're right.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 6:38 pm

Emirates A380 hard product appears to have similar but slightly larger seats. (I was able to put a rollerboard AND my large computer bag at my feet.) And the very soft leather you expect from the top notch carriers.

But the trip report of the ground service blows me away.

Better than Lufthansa FCT with its separate terminal experience and a ride to the plane... maybe.

Better than Thai airways buggy ride to the FC lounge and 1 hour massage and great service... maybe.

It is an argument I would love to have with myself again and again and again as I experience each several times in the future!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.