Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

BA Germany to HKG Business class from Euro1403

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Germany to HKG Business class from Euro1403

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2015, 5:39 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Originally Posted by ktkw
How much did it cost to upgrade that leg? And upgrade availability is the same as award availability if i remember correctly, right?
This post was meant to draw attention to the fact he was speaking to an agent. What's the first rule of this forum?
Old Jul 23, 2015, 6:29 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by Bonaventure
This post was meant to draw attention to the fact he was speaking to an agent. What's the first rule of this forum?
You haven't been paying attention. This fare has been around for a while, it came back and then was extended. Read the BA forum. This is an attempt by BA to counter the ME carriers. There is no problem talking to BA about it. Just don't tell them you won't be taking the last leg.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
What's the first rule of this forum?
I don't know: but i have an idea you might be about to tell us
Old Jul 24, 2015, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This isn't a mistake fare. Talk to BA all you want.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 7:55 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Calchas
I class is not excluded for Uograde using Avios on BA flight numbers with BA metal. It is for AA
Sorry, I assumed he was talking about the complimentary Upgrade promotion from Business to First on 1 leg. My bad - sorry for the confusion

Cheers!
Old Jul 24, 2015, 8:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Avis Pres Club
Really only for mistake fares. This is a 100% intentional fare that's been there for months the last time it was here. I flew it last time with no problems, and talked to plenty of people, and it's still back again.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Sorry, I assumed he was talking about the complimentary Upgrade promotion from Business to First on 1 leg. My bad - sorry for the confusion

Cheers!
Aye—indeed that only works for specially created fares.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 11:46 am

Programs: UA MM, CX Diamond, LH Senator, BA Gold, Hyatt Courtesy
Originally Posted by surftb15
Hmmm...

I actually have to be in Munich for work in January.

I really do not like BA so is there any codeshares with other airline?
Yeah, Tell me about it.
BA's J class is as bad as it gets. I never thought I'd say this but AA's new J class of 1-2-1 seating mops the floor with BA's 2-4-2, eight across business class seating!

That being said, I'll be looking for CX to match somehow. I did see CDG-HKG-CDG for 2100 Eur r/t but thats not quite as good as the BA deal. I'll gladly cough up the additional $ to fly CX over BA.

Last edited by CDG 1K; Jul 25, 2015 at 11:53 am
Old Jul 26, 2015, 3:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Has anyone successfully applied the F upgrade of one leg offer to this ticket?
Old Jul 26, 2015, 3:31 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by obduro
BA's First upgrade offer only applies to tickets booked on J, C, D and R codes on long-haul, whereas these deals are normally I fare codes.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by CDG 1K
Yeah, Tell me about it.
BA's J class is as bad as it gets. I never thought I'd say this but AA's new J class of 1-2-1 seating mops the floor with BA's 2-4-2, eight across business class seating!

That being said, I'll be looking for CX to match somehow. I did see CDG-HKG-CDG for 2100 Eur r/t but thats not quite as good as the BA deal. I'll gladly cough up the additional $ to fly CX over BA.
Hmmm.. Thats not a bad price. Roughly 16000 eqm. What dates did you see that fare? I'm in Munich in January so may just go then.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

I wouldn't pay 600 euro extra to fly cx
The seat maybe better but service and food are nowhere near the level of BA. Cx has gone downhill so much in the past 2 years, and the cost cutting will continue. Good or bad at least BA cabin crew have a personality
Old Jul 26, 2015, 4:11 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CDG 1K
Yeah, Tell me about it.
Agree with you. Been irritated over the poor food quality and poor service on recent trips in Club World as well.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by obduro
No

The "F upgrade" is a two-part (F/J) special fare---actually you are buying F at the time of booking, it is not an upgrade from the point of view of the system. It cannot be applied retroactively.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by skrosvik
Agree with you. Been irritated over the poor food quality and poor service on recent trips in Club World as well.
I've flown the A380 a bunch of times LAX-> LHR and the food is not absolutely disgusting.

I got really sick eating their "indian chicken dish" last time.

I prefer the AA 777 catering at this point.

Maybe the extra money isn't worth it to some, but it is to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.