Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

(Business) AA: LAX-MIA-PTY (Panama City) $723 RT

(Business) AA: LAX-MIA-PTY (Panama City) $723 RT

Old Oct 9, 2015, 12:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL, UA
Originally Posted by OWBlueMoon
Actually, I think I had misinterpreted their guidelines. I think PTY IS an international destination, I was thinking it would fall under their international destinations which don't count, like the Caribbean.

From the FL site:

So I guess this means any EXPs flying this itinerary should be granted FL access for travel on the same-day as their leg to PTY, regardless of class of travel?
Yep, I believe so. I was also given premium beverage drink chits upon entering the ACs at Miami, which they only do for international destinations.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 10:40 am

Programs: DL*DM/AA*G
FWIW, are there any "budget" options for accommodation in PTY, which are still "good" for their purpose?

Last edited by cvision; Oct 10, 2015 at 10:45 am
Old Oct 10, 2015, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by cvision
FWIW, are there any "budget" options for accommodation in PTY, which are still "good" for their purpose?
I have stayed at the Riande Airport hotel, which I actually enjoyed. The hotel was 5 minutes by shuttle (free) and had pretty good rooms. It was 90 bucks/night, which wasn't too bad - considering taxi downtown is $40 .
Old Oct 10, 2015, 3:47 pm

Programs: DL*DM/AA*G
Originally Posted by surftb15
I have stayed at the Riande Airport hotel, which I actually enjoyed. The hotel was 5 minutes by shuttle (free) and had pretty good rooms. It was 90 bucks/night, which wasn't too bad - considering taxi downtown is $40 .
Ya, already looked into that, but I gues I should've been more precise - downtownish would be something to consider as I would've to convince my other good half.

Last edited by cvision; Oct 10, 2015 at 3:54 pm
Old Oct 10, 2015, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

You can try booking using Hilton's MVP rate? http://stay.hilton.com/mvp/

Was able to snag the Waldorf Astoria for $89 a night. Hampton Inn starts much lower.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 5:16 am

My whole itinerary is ....ed right now. I was on the AirTran this morning and it broke down. Had to get a bus. Still on the bus....thkrty minutes later

Then the bus drops off at employee parking. Should have just taken us to the terminal.

Last edited by surftb15; Oct 11, 2015 at 5:27 am
Old Oct 11, 2015, 7:41 am

AA Reprotected me on the flights, unfortunately no lie flat from JFK-> MIA.
Anyway, I have a full Y fare from MIA -> PTY tonight (no biz available). What position shoudl I be on the waitlist? The AA ExP said I should be number 1, but not entirely sure.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by surftb15
AA Reprotected me on the flights, unfortunately no lie flat from JFK-> MIA.
Anyway, I have a full Y fare from MIA -> PTY tonight (no biz available). What position shoudl I be on the waitlist? The AA ExP said I should be number 1, but not entirely sure.
Yikes that's terrible!

I don't think they differentiate between full Y fare anymore in terms of upgrade waitlist so you would be #1 if there's no EXP in front of you AFAIK. MIA-PTY is usually pretty easy to upgrade -- I've seen Golds get it even with a companion -- so you should be pretty set.

Make sure to get AA to credit you the right amount of EQPs when the dust settles.

Edit: I forgot to mention for your MIA-PTY flight tonight, the agent might have just put you on same-day standby list? If so, your position should be #1 as they process that before they do upgrades.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by supermintyfresh
Yikes that's terrible!

I don't think they differentiate between full Y fare anymore in terms of upgrade waitlist so you would be #1 if there's no EXP in front of you AFAIK. MIA-PTY is usually pretty easy to upgrade -- I've seen Golds get it even with a companion -- so you should be pretty set.

Make sure to get AA to credit you the right amount of EQPs when the dust settles.
She/he should be ahead of free upgrades because she/he's IRROP'd into Y on a J fare

Of course if you mean, there are AA EXPs in the same situation, then I would suspect AA would process them first
Old Oct 11, 2015, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by supermintyfresh
Yikes that's terrible!

Edit: I forgot to mention for your MIA-PTY flight tonight, the agent might have just put you on same-day standby list? If so, your position should be #1 as they process that before they do upgrades.
Edit: So I'm booked into Y Class, which is still 1.5 EQP. Are you referring to class of service bonus? Would that be based off original fare booked, AKA the I fare? itIn terms of the ExP challenge I'm fine bc EQP in Y and I class are same at least. The flight to PTY tonight has a completely full biz class, so they weren't able to confirm me at the desk. All the other legs are confirmed in biz and first, just like before.

The only problem (which isn't a bid deal) is this overnight in PTY I wanted to avoid. Oh well. I got up so early only to get stranded on the AirTran. I could have enjoyed my morning, had a breakfast, and slept in. Stupid MTA.

Right now, 11/16 checked in for MIA -> PTY. I am first on the list , even above the SWU's.

Last edited by surftb15; Oct 11, 2015 at 12:44 pm
Old Oct 11, 2015, 3:58 pm

16/16 check in for first.
I'm in Y so I won't lose my 1.5 EQP at least for the challenge.
Can I request miles based off of original booking class? Or do I get compensation, which I'd what the ExP desk alluded too.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 4:33 pm

Now I was bumped put of mce to accommodate a family. What a disaster of a day.

Edit: i called the ExP desk and the computer said $200 is compensation due. Not bad. But I want to try to get points as well. I didn't accept the $200 yet.

Last edited by surftb15; Oct 11, 2015 at 9:56 pm
Old Oct 12, 2015, 7:19 am

for those still looking for a biz class MR, lax-sju via phl, dfw, mia, or ord are all still available for this month @ 715+

i think the pty deal is dead at least based on ita matrix
Old Oct 12, 2015, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by gan911
for those still looking for a biz class MR, lax-sju via phl, dfw, mia, or ord are all still available for this month @ 715+

i think the pty deal is dead at least based on ita matrix
LAX-PTY is still available.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
LAX-PTY is still available.
all 1 day turnarounds are 800 or higher per ita matrix into november into december

all 0 day turnarounds are 848 or higher per ita matrix nov into dec

So i booked a 1 hr turnaround in sju for 760 i believe. all in biz

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.