Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AZ: BUD-ICN-FRA in Premium Economy 290 €

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] AZ: BUD-ICN-FRA in Premium Economy 290 €

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2015, 8:01 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Update: 2 seats available on Jun 26 ICN-FCO

Just checked the latest inventory numbers and they have changed a little bit, most notably that 2 seats are now available on Jun 26 for the return. I may keep this thread open a little while longer now since it's possible that inventory may reappear in the next couple of days.

Jun 7 A4
Jun 14 A7
Jun 18 A2
Jun 21 A7
Jun 25 A7
Jun 27 A7
Jun 28 A7

Jun 5 A7
Jun 7 A7
Jun 8 A7
Jun 26 A2

To depart on Jun 7th:
http://www.kayak.de/flights/MAD-ICN/...-06-26/premium

To depart on Jun 14th:

To depart on Jun 18th:
Old Mar 1, 2015, 8:19 am

Programs: Gold Hilton-Starwood-ClubCarlson-LeClub /Amex/ Gold Cathay-Silver BA-Etihad Silver
shame it doesn't work for May when I need it. It is a great find OP
Old Mar 1, 2015, 8:57 am

Programs: TK Elite+, OZ Diamond, CX Silver
So nothing in or out of VIE?
Old Mar 1, 2015, 9:20 am

Programs: LH SEN, DL Plat
Originally Posted by bonsaisai
So nothing in or out of VIE?
you can start your trip from BUD and return to VIE.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 10:41 am

Only thing that shows up right now is Jun7-Jun8 around 2000 euro. It seems this might have been a mistake fare after all and it has now been fixed by AZ. I wonder if they will accept all the bookings made over the past few days.

PS: it also seems they fixed the economy fares, now at around 500 to 700 euro.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 11:44 am

Programs: Miles & More, FlyingBlue, Iberia Plus Gold
Yep it is dead, I checked.

The YQ is now being added when you book open-jaws flights.

Curious to see whether Alitalia is gonna declare anything on this...
Old Mar 1, 2015, 1:11 pm

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Originally Posted by tymoon25
Yep it is dead, I checked.

The YQ is now being added when you book open-jaws flights.

Curious to see whether Alitalia is gonna declare anything on this...
I think the loss them made, is not that high ! due to the fact, that the fare only was valid for the month of June. As far as I know them only have 14 prem econ seats in this aircraft 2 rows, and also not serve this route every day. I think a Maximum 100 tix have been sold under this mistake.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 1:15 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It wasn't ICN alone that was cheap....
Old Mar 1, 2015, 1:26 pm

The only possible "mistake" here is that the YQ/YR may have been incorrectly calculated.

The fact that we are seeing higher fares now doesn't mean they've fixed anything. The same exact fares that everyone was seeing are still on file. It's just that the very limited inventory for these fares has now been completely depleted.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 1:39 pm

Programs: Miles & More, FlyingBlue, Iberia Plus Gold
Originally Posted by 18sas
The only possible "mistake" here is that the YQ/YR may have been incorrectly calculated.

The fact that we are seeing higher fares now doesn't mean they've fixed anything. The same exact fares that everyone was seeing are still on file. It's just that the very limited inventory for these fares has now been completely depleted.
True for the Y+.
I checked the same Y itinerary I booked; it is showing same base fare as yesterday but theYQ/YR is not 0€ anymore (checking this on the Alitalia booking engine; they show this under "supplement").

So my guess it was a self-dump which has now been fixed.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 3:35 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
Just a quick note to say that I think their inventory is still in flux.

Friday after reading about it on this thread, I played with dates for a while but could not get 2 tickets to come up, only one.

Saturday morning, they came up almost immediately.

I booked:
June 04 VIE - FCO - ICN
June 14 ICN - FCO - BUD

2 tickets (premium econ on long haul flights) for 599.86 EUR all in.

Not bad. Just wish I could stay another couple of days but when I got this to come up, I jumped on it. Good connections, too.

So anyway, it may be worth checking and playing with dates because I could only get 1 ticket to come up on Friday night but 2 tickets came up quite easily/quickly Sat morning...
Old Mar 2, 2015, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by Epicura
Mine are 11 and 15 so no chatting on the plane in our mother tongue. We will see how the transfer will turn out, it's AZ's call. Enjoy your trip!
OK, I΄ll be controlling your tongue from the back ;-)
Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:11 am

Quite a lot of seats opened up in Y+, but everything now hovers around 600 euro. Cheapest I could find was around 580 from IST, but most is in the low 600's. Seems to be in line with their fares to EZE and NRT now.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by FrequentLiar
Quite a lot of seats opened up in Y+, but everything now hovers around 600 euro. Cheapest I could find was around 580 from IST, but most is in the low 600's. Seems to be in line with their fares to EZE and NRT now.
I don't see a lot of seats open quite honestly. I see that the 14-Jun ICN-FCO is open again but right now is only A1.

But it does look like they have figured out the problem with the YQ/YR, so the pricing originally reported is effectively dead.

The new calculated pricing at ~ 600 EUR is still a really good value and brings it in line with the other destinations that are part of this sale.

I had already opened a thread to discuss those, so I am going to mark this one as PREM FARE GONE - this time for good - and we can pick up the discussion on the active fares there.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 4:24 am

Who's is cancelling his trip these days? I think we all were scheduled for June.

I'm scheduled for next Thursday but will cancel my trip, given the recent MERS developments.

Just called AZ and until now FCO-ICN flights are not cancelled. Not too sure if they will maintain this point of view.

Anyway, our promo fare does not allow changes or refund in case of (voluntary) cancellation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.