Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR BRU-DXB via DOH in business for £821 / €1106

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2015, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat

Qatar seem to be having an ex-Brussels sale on at the moment, quite a few destinations looking cheap in both Economy and Business

In theory, Brussels to Dubai via Doha in business ought to be €1295 / £981, and I'm seeing pretty good availability for that. However, on some dates it's even better! Looking in August, I'm finding some flights which price out at €558 outbound, €547 return, giving a total of just €1106, or on UK websites £821, which seems pretty good to me!

It seems to be booking the BRU-DOH leg into Business (I), DOH-DXB into First (A), so 400 BAEC tier points for the return assuming that's right. Bookable via Amex UK, shows up fine on the Qatar website, but the ITA matrix isn't showing the lowest prices properly for me
Old Feb 16, 2015, 6:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, QF, BA
Qatar seem to be doing cheap deals to DXB/AUH in general. Much cheaper than direct to DOH. Bit of an attack on EK/EY I guess.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 7:21 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Yes and some very interesting Zero to OWS deals (AA) ~US$3.5k from Asia.

Last edited by ashkale; Feb 16, 2015 at 7:29 am
Old Feb 16, 2015, 7:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, QF, BA
Originally Posted by ashkale
Yes and some very interesting Zero to OWS deals (AA) ~US$3.5k from Asia.
Zero to OWS as a AA Plat challenge.. ? or am I missing the code there.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 7:59 am
Suspended

50k EQPs..
Old Feb 16, 2015, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Assuming OWS = One World Saphire, with BA you need 600 tier points and 4 BA flights. The Qatar BRU-DOH-DXB return gets you 400 tier points. Add a BA Club Europe return from Heathrow to Brussels to meet it and you've got 480. Book it with a long stopover in Doha on the way out or back, and book the BA fifth freedom flight from Doha to Bahrain in 1st both ways and you've got the other 120 TPs and the other 2 BA flights.

That should be about GBP 1500 = USD 2300 for OWS, assuming you start in London!
Old Feb 16, 2015, 8:08 am
Suspended

AA existing elites will benefit from this more with the RDMs, status via BA is cheaper and faster as Gagravarr points out correctly.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Gagravarr
Assuming OWS = One World Saphire, with BA you need 600 tier points and 4 BA flights. The Qatar BRU-DOH-DXB return gets you 400 tier points. Add a BA Club Europe return from Heathrow to Brussels to meet it and you've got 480. Book it with a long stopover in Doha on the way out or back, and book the BA fifth freedom flight from Doha to Bahrain in 1st both ways and you've got the other 120 TPs and the other 2 BA flights.

That should be about GBP 1500 = USD 2300 for OWS, assuming you start in London!
Not necessarily.

If you book via Qatar you'll see that some of the DOH-DXB flights are in J and some are in F. It's the same exact plane, cabin and service..just categorised differently.

If you choose J connecting flights, that routing will yield 360 TP. If you choose F you'll get 400.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.