Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

(Business) Star/Skyteam: YYZ/YUL/YVR-CPT/JNB $2600ish

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Business) Star/Skyteam: YYZ/YUL/YVR-CPT/JNB $2600ish

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2015, 4:06 pm

Programs: AC SE 100K
Originally Posted by cfischer
yeah, just no min stay ... which was nice. The 7 day min kills it for me.
The 28 max for *A fares kills it for me. We booked 2 of these last year and are currently on one of our "extended stopovers" - - 6 months.

Seems *A is putting a 28 day max on all of these PRCT discounted fares. There are many reasons for it and it won't affect many people - but it does affect some. Perhaps if Skyteam keeps theirs at 12 months *A will go back to this.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
found ways around it w/ the stopover rules ... tempting ... need to figure this out in a bit more detail ... wish I knew for sure LX P-class remains 150% PQM on UA.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 6:35 pm

found ways around it w/ the stopover rules ... tempting ... need to figure this out in a bit more detail ... wish I knew for sure LX P-class remains 150% PQM on UA.
LX P ia 150% PQM on UA
I have been playing around with different dates on LX. Once routing is found, I can book it, however LX never confirms P class being availble
Old Feb 16, 2015, 6:35 pm

Where are you trying to book, what site?
Old Feb 17, 2015, 1:50 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
LX P ia 150% PQM on UA
I have been playing around with different dates on LX. Once routing is found, I can book it, however LX never confirms P class being availble
You might have better luck confirming that there's actual, confirmable space in a GDS and then booking with an OTA/TA who can ticket it.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LX P ia 150% PQM on UA
I know what it CURRENTLY earns ... I earned it many times in the past couple of months. I am concerned UA will downgrade it to 100% in the near future. And yes, I am able to book LX P-class TATL and down to JNB just fine ... watch married segments and find your way around them ... ITA won't help ... Expertflyer will.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by pewpew
You might have better luck confirming that there's actual, confirmable space in a GDS and then booking with an OTA/TA who can ticket it.
What is GDS?
Old Feb 17, 2015, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What is GDS?
Global Distribution System

You essentially need to work around the married segment logic which limits your options. IMO the fastest way is to go via Orbitz specifying AC and LX (for example) and then clicking through options until one confirms. Else you can use databases which spit out married-segment logics correctly and piece it together.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 6:05 pm

Global Distribution System

You essentially need to work around the married segment logic which limits your options. IMO the fastest way is to go via Orbitz specifying AC and LX (for example) and then clicking through options until one confirms. Else you can use databases which spit out married-segment logics correctly and piece it together.
Great! Thanks
Old Feb 24, 2015, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, UA Club Lifer, MC Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Looks like the 7-day min has been changed to a 4-day min. Same for YVR-BOM, etc.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tomwht
Looks like the 7-day min has been changed to a 4-day min. Same for YVR-BOM, etc.
... and IST, MAD/BCN/AGP etc. and wherever else they have these fares.

booked my LHR trip today ... got an Email from my boss a few minutes later asking why the hell I was flying through JNB on company $$$ ... didn't hear back after I asked him to beat my price
Old Mar 6, 2015, 10:24 am

Went this morning to book YVR-JNB-YVR and the dates I was targeting not available at $2600, now $3300-$3600 for Z class. There was plenty yesterday; hoping it will drop again. Snooze, lose...
Old Mar 6, 2015, 12:42 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Any indication that OW is matching?
Old Mar 6, 2015, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flytoeat
Went this morning to book YVR-JNB-YVR and the dates I was targeting not available at $2600, now $3300-$3600 for Z class. There was plenty yesterday; hoping it will drop again. Snooze, lose...
check routings ... there are so many options down to JNB that you can easily change your gateway in Europe and still find P-class available.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

fare gone. No longer on EF, ITA etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.