Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

DL/KL: PDX-MAD-PDX as low as $1525

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2014, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

[FARE GONE as of 10-28]

Found via Google flights, and confirmed on Delta.com and KLM.com. Many dates available over next summer. Sample routing (many others available)

PDX-ATL-MAD (Sep 7)
MAD-ATL-PDX (Sep 17)

all on Delta metal, Z class for the trans-atlantic. I also found some routings with KL 747 (through LAX and AMS), with their nice new J class.

$1525.70

Didn't book yet, so apologies if this bombs out at the end.

West coast Skyteam business class fares to Spain have been good for some time, but to my knowledge, this is the lowest this year.

Also very good fares from PDX to Malaga, Seville, Bilbao and maybe a few others; slightly more than the above. Fares originating from SJC, OAK, LAX are also decent, but not as good as from PDX, as far as I can tell.

Last edited by mannyJ; Oct 28, 2014 at 3:57 pm Reason: fare is gone, for now at least
Old Oct 27, 2014, 3:22 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Bravo! Prices out on alitalia.com. Haven't booked though.

ETA: Just tried to book on DL.com and got the infamous "the price has changed" message.

ETA x 2: Just booked it at Expedia.com. Success, and thanks to the OP. Now will try to perfect routing and such.

Last edited by 18sas; Oct 27, 2014 at 3:41 pm
Old Oct 27, 2014, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by 18sas
Bravo! Prices out on alitalia.com. Haven't booked though.

ETA: Just tried to book on DL.com and got the infamous "the price has changed" message.

ETA x 2: Just booked it at Expedia.com. Success, and thanks to the OP. Now will try to perfect routing and such.
Interesting - I cannot book on Expedia but can see these on Orbitz.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 5:58 pm

Also SFO-BCN

SFO-BCN for $1630 DL/KLM/AF
Saw availability for mid-November on google flights/KLM.com
Old Oct 27, 2014, 8:37 pm

Programs: AS; Aeroplan; Hilton (Diamond); Marriott (Platinum);
Are all the TATL legs on Air Europa? Just looking at this from an AS earning perspective.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 8:47 pm

$1516 Sept 8-13 Delta/KLM at Orbitz

I actually found it as low at $1516. I booked for $1547 for a better schedule for my needs. Found fares at Expedia, Orbitz and Delta.com.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 8:48 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, TK Elite, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, AMEX Plat
Most of the TATL are on Delta based on my searches out of PDX. BIO is also available from PDX with a similar fare, VLC and AGP are about $150 more.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by banffflyr
Are all the TATL legs on Air Europa? Just looking at this from an AS earning perspective.
You should be able to find routings on any SkyTeam carrier over the water. I've cancelled and rebooked now about 3 times and have had AF, AZ and DL long-hauls. There are definitely some routings available on UX but those are the minority. PDX-MSP-MIA-MAD was theoretically available, for example.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 9:46 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Funny, you can hardly get a single DL transatlantic award in business class award for 150k miles. With this fare you could get multiple at that rate (with Pay w/ Miles) and rid yourself of SkyPesos.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 10:14 pm

Orbtiz is also showing AA is under $1500 now...EDIT:HMMMM it didnt save my business class selection and was showing me economy @ that price

Last edited by radtechtraveler; Oct 27, 2014 at 10:28 pm Reason: my mistake
Old Oct 27, 2014, 10:37 pm

$2047 RT DFW-LON, z-class, on DL.com in June, VS metal across the pond . . .
Old Oct 27, 2014, 11:38 pm

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by 18sas
You should be able to find routings on any SkyTeam carrier over the water. I've cancelled and rebooked now about 3 times and have had AF, AZ and DL long-hauls. There are definitely some routings available on UX but those are the minority. PDX-MSP-MIA-MAD was theoretically available, for example.
Where do you find the different routing options (which OTA/ website) ?
Old Oct 28, 2014, 12:23 am

Programs: UA
Thanks Guys, I've been a long term lurker to the threads and just scored my summer vacation. Split up on KL/DL RT SFO-BCN ai $1596 7/24/15 - 8/3/15. Booked on KLM first, then canceled because the delta portions were in economy, then booked in Orbitz. Made my night!
Old Oct 28, 2014, 3:23 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by stephem
Funny, you can hardly get a single DL transatlantic award in business class award for 150k miles. With this fare you could get multiple at that rate (with Pay w/ Miles) and rid yourself of SkyPesos.
Your is off topic as is mine but if you PWM in biz or 1st you earn Skymiles so you would, if you could, earn points back for the trip!
Old Oct 28, 2014, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by 1k650
Where do you find the different routing options (which OTA/ website) ?
I think most people start with matrix.itasoftware.com to find different alternatives and then once you've found something suitable, go to purchase on an OTA like Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, etc. with a good multi-city booking tool.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.