Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA/BA/IB: JFK-Ibiza, $1,800-$2,000 during Christmas break

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2014, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Riteaid wellness+ Gold, PlanetFitness Preferred Black, Hyatt Cubic Zirconia, Hallmark Crown Platinum

Yes yes, It's not hot-hot, but I always enjoy taking the Club World London City service since I can never afford the semi-private jet during the regular times

Fare basis INA6Q3Y1

Seasonality FROM THE UNITED STATES - PERMITTED 15DEC 14 THROUGH 03JAN 15 FOR EACH TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR. TO THE UNITED STATES - PERMITTED 22DEC 14 THROUGH 07JAN 15 FOR EACH TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.

Minimum Stay TRAVEL FROM INBOUND TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR MUST COMMENCE NO EARLIER THAN 3 DAYS AFTER DEPARTURE OF THE OUTBOUND TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.

Maximum Stay TRAVEL FROM LAST STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO LATER THAN MIDNIGHT 10 DAYS AFTER DEPARTURE FROM FARE ORIGIN.

Sales Restrictions TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 17NOV 14.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 3:59 pm

Programs: Most
Same Fare Basis NYC-MAD Dec 26th-JAN 2nd $1626

Fare 1: Carrier US ZNA6Q3Y1 NYC to MAD (rules)
Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code Z
Covers JFK-MAD (Business)
$427.50
Fare 2: Carrier AY INA6Q3Y1 MAD to NYC (rules)
Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code I
Covers MAD-JFK (Business)
$427.50
(YR) $428.00
Old Oct 23, 2014, 4:11 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Replying to the first post.

Having a hard time getting that price. Looking on the British Airways site best I am getting is about $2100 and usually routing through Madrid on AA's 767 with a segment from PMI to IBZ in economy. Orbitz can do a bit better a few days at $2000.

Do you have a sample date with the routing?

And did you say it was JFK-LHR or London City? - Ibiza??

Now I need to look at the JFK-MAD fare?? interesting.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Riteaid wellness+ Gold, PlanetFitness Preferred Black, Hyatt Cubic Zirconia, Hallmark Crown Platinum
Originally Posted by smilee

London City.

Plenty of opportunity to take JFK-LHR, but not so much on JFK-LCY (for me, to clarify)... so any fare that involves A318 JFk-LCY excites me.. haha

Anyways from what I can find at this moment:
12/18 - JFK-LCY-IBZ (requires overnight in London)
12/27 IBZ-MAD-JFK on IB.

yesterday, I saw both routes coming through LCY - but I can't find it anymore
Old Oct 23, 2014, 10:19 pm

Programs: Most
Looks like *A and Skyteam are matching. Should that get a new thread?

Matching out of EWR

sample DEC 16 -26

Newark (EWR) to Madrid (MAD) - Tue, Dec 16
AF xCDG
Madrid (MAD) to New York (JFK) - Fri, Dec 26
DL
$1,833.60

Fare ZP64US

Last edited by jeautk01; Oct 23, 2014 at 10:23 pm Reason: add'l info
Old Oct 24, 2014, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by smilee
Replying to the first post.

Having a hard time getting that price. Looking on the British Airways site best I am getting is about $2100 and usually routing through Madrid on AA's 767 with a segment from PMI to IBZ in economy. Orbitz can do a bit better a few days at $2000.

Do you have a sample date with the routing?

PMI-IBZ doesn't have a business class cabin. I fares issued by BA or AA do not usually permit travel in a Y booking code on many IB flights, even when there is no J cabin (this is probably a mistake). Since there is no I bucket on the PMI-IBZ flights, you cannot apply this fare component to it, which may be why you are pushed into another fare.

You can get a J cabin to IBZ on BA flights LHR-IBZ, LGW-IBZ, LCY-IBZ and IB flight MAD-IBZ.

Also, the BA site does not show connections at LCY when the connection time is under two hours. This is despite the fact that the minimum connect time at LCY for international-to-international is 30 minutes. You can book by telephone or by using a travel agent.

Note that there appears to be a cheaper option by £100ish if you are willing to take "AA operated by US" on the TATL sector.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

P.S., if you are wondering, "but what can I do on Ibizia except for clubbing?", or are wondering what the I2 flights between MAD and IBZ are like (in J obviously), please see my trip report.

Starting from arriving at Ibizia onwards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...l#post23280640
Old Oct 24, 2014, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Calchas

Also, the BA site does not show connections at LCY when the connection time is under two hours. This is despite the fact that the minimum connect time at LCY for international-to-international is 30 minutes. You can book by telephone or by using a travel agent..
Thanks for that info!

As much as I love London, knowing that I don't have to stay overnight in London will definitely sway my decision.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IIIIIIIIIIllllllllll
Thanks for that info!

As much as I love London, knowing that I don't have to stay overnight in London will definitely sway my decision.
Might be worth comparing with aa.com, or looking at the ITA Matrix.

Also there are a few flights per day from other LON airports, (not sure of the winter schedule though) if that's better than staying overnight.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 10:52 am

IBZ sucks in December so I would be very hesitant.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 1:13 pm

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
Originally Posted by jeautk01
Looks like *A and Skyteam are matching. Should that get a new thread?

Matching out of EWR

sample DEC 16 -26

Newark (EWR) to Madrid (MAD) - Tue, Dec 16
AF xCDG
Madrid (MAD) to New York (JFK) - Fri, Dec 26
DL
$1,833.60

Fare ZP64US
Yes, & title it "*A & Skyteam matching OW Dec/Jan sale $1833 EWR-MAD-JFK" as sometimes the matching fares last longer than the OP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.