Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skunker
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!
  • Double-check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTAs confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as much detail as possible about the First/Business fare, including: fare class, fare basis, one-way/round-trip, sales channel, sample dates and total price (including taxes).
  • When posting fare rules, please enclose them in a [COÐE][/COÐE] block. Note the use of the eth (Ð) instead of a capital D here to prevent the forum software from trying to insert an actual block. Be sure you use the capital D.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain point of origin, and only very rarely work in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Please include important information such as operating airline, fare classes, city pairs, etc. in the body of your post rather than the post title field as it is not visible to those reading FT on mobile devices. This is not the "trick it" thread. Please do not speak in code.
  • Please do not post large images. Not everyone has infinite resolution, and it makes the rest of the thread very difficult to read. If it's not important enough to type in, it's not important enough to be here.
  • Last but not least: don't call the airline!

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where fares on EI (Aer Lingus) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Aer Lingus does not offer first class. If you see this fare, please ignore it and do not post it here as it is completely unbookable in every sense of the term. The mods are summarily deleting these posts in order to unclutter the thread.

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where Z fares on EY (Etihad) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Z fares are discount business on EY. These fares will not receive chaffeur service. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1622229-removal-chauffeur-service-some-business-class-passengers.html

List of known, active deals:

JNB-DXB-SFO in EK F, $4k-ish one-way
MLE-HKG-US (various) in C, $1400 +/- available only on CX's website.
CMB-MIA, other US cities, for about $4400 in F, round-trip/return

BA AARP $400 discount for J/F bookings is now valid again for booking until 31 Oct 2014 but departure to EOS seems to get the discount. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1435816-ba-fare-discounts-aarp-4.html
Print Wikipost

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2014, 12:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Just a waiting game to see how enters the fray next!
Old Oct 20, 2014, 12:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: Emirates
Yup. Gone.

Looks like QR dropped their USA fares ex-CMN a bit tho

Last edited by EKinBigD; Oct 20, 2014 at 12:46 pm
Old Oct 20, 2014, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by boss315
Just a waiting game to see how enters the fray next!
Fares from west Coast - especially from the SFO Bay Area - are rare, so this was a good one. Got one ticket, and was in the process of getting a couple more when the fares were pulled...hope they come back again.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold
Was able to book SEA-LHR-LYS return last night on BA CW for a/i price of $1709 w AARP discount.

Side story was interesting (to me at least): originally tried to book this online using the AARP/BA link, but it was down. Called AARP but agent couldn't figure it out at all, at least from PDX, my origin point, ostensibly because it's Y only from PDX-SEA. Next called BA. Nice agent was aware of the AARP discount but had to send it to rate desk to book (rarely a good sign) since this is an online fare only. Sure enough, 3 days later, got a call from the agent telling me that AARP discount could not be applied to an I fare. So, was prepared to go with the $2200 undiscounted fare from PDX which still wasn't bad.

By last night, however, the AARP/BA link was working again. Still couldn't get the fare to price to/from PDX, but was able to get the $1700 fare out of SEA to work and booked it. Another $145 for the PDX-SEA shuttle, but still damn good net price.

Wonder if the demise of this fare will be transient, yet again, or whether the battle is over for the foreseeable future. I'm OK: got the dining capitals of W. Europe--Bilbao (San Sebastian), Bologna, Lyon--all lined up over Memorial Day, July 4 and Labor Day long weekends, respectively, in 2015.

--mcz

Last edited by mczlaw; Oct 20, 2014 at 1:48 pm
Old Oct 20, 2014, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by mczlaw
Was able to book SEA-LHR-LYS return last night on BA CW for a/i price of $1709 w AARP discount.

Side story was interesting (to me at least): originally tried to book this online using the AARP/BA link, but it was down. Called AARP but agent couldn't figure it out at all, at least from PDX, my origin point ostensibly because it's Y only from PDX-SEA. Next called BA. Nice agent was aware of the AARP discount but had to send it to rate desk to book (rarely a good sign) since this is an online fare only. Sure enough, 3 days later, got a call from the agent telling me that AARP discount could not be applied to an I fare. So, was prepared to go with the $2200 undiscounted fare from PDX which still wasn't bad.

By last night, however, the AARP/BA link was working again. Still couldn't get the fare to price to/from PDX, but was able to get the $1700 fare out of SEA to work and booked it. Another $145 for the PDX-SEA shuttle, but still damn good net price.

Wonder if the demise of this fare will be transient, yet again, or whether the battle is over for the foreseeable future. I'm OK: got the dining capitals of W. Europe--Bilbao (San Sebastian), Bologna, Lyon--all lined up over Memorial Day, July 4 and Labor Day long weekends, respectively, in 2015.

--mcz
Good job !

I certainly hope the fares come back...
Old Oct 20, 2014, 1:40 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
What dates is this fare good for? Restrictions?
There are a couple of similar fares depending on your travel window:
Carrier UX IPROUS NYC to BCN
seasonal restrictions: PERMITTED 22NOV 14 THROUGH 28NOV 14 OR 15DEC 14 THROUGH 07JAN 15. Prices out to 1802.80 and must be booked by 24OCT 14.

Carrier UX IPROUS NYC to BCN without seasonal restrictions prices to $1,969.80 and must be booked by 15NOV 14. TRAVEL IS NOT PERMITTED 17DEC 14 THROUGH 10JAN 15 OR 27MAR 15 THROUGH 05APR 15. VALID FOR TRAVEL COMMENCING ON/BEFORE 18JUN 15. (but I can only find thru mid-April on outbound)

Both fares have this restriction:
TRAVEL FROM LAST STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO EARLIER THAN
THE FIRST SUN AFTER DEPARTURE FROM FARE ORIGIN
OR - TRAVEL FROM LAST STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO EARLIER
THAN 3 DAYS AFTER DEPARTURE FROM FARE ORIGIN.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 5:32 pm

A3 OSL - AUH July/August 2015 Business (Z) $615/£380 bookable on cheapO, expedia etc.

Matrix reckons it should be possible to find fares as low as $476/£295 but I don't have time at the moment to look into it further.

A3OSL by armo5, on Flickr
Old Oct 20, 2014, 5:57 pm
Formerly richh1833

Programs: QF P1, BA GGL, AS GMVP
Originally Posted by Armodeen
A3 OSL - AUH July/August 2015 Business (Z) $615/£380 bookable on cheapO, expedia etc.

Matrix reckons it should be possible to find fares as low as $476/£295 but I don't have time at the moment to look into it further.

A3OSL by armo5, on Flickr

Found the 476~ one but I can't seem to find it on an OTA.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 6:39 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by richh1833
Found the 476~ one but I can't seem to find it on an OTA.
You can book it on aegeanair.com. €490 on July 16th (return 19th) for example.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 8:00 pm
Formerly richh1833

Programs: QF P1, BA GGL, AS GMVP
Originally Posted by flybob
It should be 476 USD not EUR. Its okay, I found it for $465. Question is is it worth crediting to anyone considering its only 8000 miles. and Aegean only credit 2k flat rate...
Old Oct 20, 2014, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flybob
Why would you bother with this unless it's in line with the Y price? A3 J class is normal inter-Europe J (aka blocked middle seat). I flew them on a J/F award earlier this year and while they served decent food up in J, I wouldn't pay much of a premium to fly J vs. Y
Old Oct 20, 2014, 8:57 pm

Programs: UA Plt HertzpresC Avisfirst
Originally Posted by flyerdude88
Why would you bother with this unless it's in line with the Y price? A3 J class is normal inter-Europe J (aka blocked middle seat). I flew them on a J/F award earlier this year and while they served decent food up in J, I wouldn't pay much of a premium to fly J vs. Y
+1

When I landed in fra and thought I had regular J all the way thru to vce I was in for a surprise. I thought this was Air Canada's idea. I think that J product is just ridiculous.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 9:23 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
However, AS/DL/AZ is trying to start something in the summer:

Last edited by tcook052; Oct 20, 2014 at 9:48 pm
Old Oct 20, 2014, 10:14 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
Originally Posted by richh1833
It should be 476 USD not EUR. Its okay, I found it for $465. Question is is it worth crediting to anyone considering its only 8000 miles. and Aegean only credit 2k flat rate...
According to the New Miles & Bonus Program of A3, international Z gives 150% with a 1600 miles minimum per segment.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 10:38 pm

In addition to the fare mentioned in post 3208, I'm seeing some low fares from LAX on ITA tonight to the usual recent suspects, for example LAX-BIO and LAX-MAN sub-$2K on KLM and LAX-BCN sub-$1.7K on a combination of Delta and either AZ or AF.

Sample dates June 27-July 11, I did not follow through on any airline website though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.