Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skunker
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!
  • Double-check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTAs confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as much detail as possible about the First/Business fare, including: fare class, fare basis, one-way/round-trip, sales channel, sample dates and total price (including taxes).
  • When posting fare rules, please enclose them in a [COÐE][/COÐE] block. Note the use of the eth (Ð) instead of a capital D here to prevent the forum software from trying to insert an actual block. Be sure you use the capital D.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain point of origin, and only very rarely work in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Please include important information such as operating airline, fare classes, city pairs, etc. in the body of your post rather than the post title field as it is not visible to those reading FT on mobile devices. This is not the "trick it" thread. Please do not speak in code.
  • Please do not post large images. Not everyone has infinite resolution, and it makes the rest of the thread very difficult to read. If it's not important enough to type in, it's not important enough to be here.
  • Last but not least: don't call the airline!

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where fares on EI (Aer Lingus) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Aer Lingus does not offer first class. If you see this fare, please ignore it and do not post it here as it is completely unbookable in every sense of the term. The mods are summarily deleting these posts in order to unclutter the thread.

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where Z fares on EY (Etihad) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Z fares are discount business on EY. These fares will not receive chaffeur service. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1622229-removal-chauffeur-service-some-business-class-passengers.html

List of known, active deals:

JNB-DXB-SFO in EK F, $4k-ish one-way
MLE-HKG-US (various) in C, $1400 +/- available only on CX's website.
CMB-MIA, other US cities, for about $4400 in F, round-trip/return

BA AARP $400 discount for J/F bookings is now valid again for booking until 31 Oct 2014 but departure to EOS seems to get the discount. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1435816-ba-fare-discounts-aarp-4.html
Print Wikipost

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2014, 4:43 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
BA Business Class

Sample Date: 10/17-10/24

SEA-AMS = $2,285
SEA-TXL = $2,603
SEA-NCE = $2,519
SEA-FCO = $2,751
SEA-MXP = $2,735
SEA-CTA = $2,733 (Requires airport transfer between LHR and LGW)

I didn’t apply the 10% Chase BA discount or AARP discount to these prices. Remember to sign up for the bonus promotion that AA and BA has for premium cabin travel between the US and Europe.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by steveholt
HEL is the hub of Finnair. SkyTeam (DL/AF/KLM) has been attacking OneWorld (to which Finnair belongs) business fares in response to OW attacking DL hubs earlier this month. Same reason why there have been tons of cheap business fares from BCN and MAD, Iberia's two primary airports. They can't attack LHR because they have a competitive product there in VS.
Currently DL offers fares to LHR on both DL and VS metal in BE for around $2000 all in. No advance purchase, but with the pricing there may not be seats the closer to day of departure. They normally even if on DL metal require routing through JFK though. I'd pay money not to have to deal with T4/T2 at JFK ever again. ATL routings can be had, but it normally adds $300 or more to the fare. If it wasn't for the fact I've already been twice this year I'd jump at booking another UK trip and taking VS. (The clubhouse is the one thing that makes JFK bearable)

As for BCN and MAD while yes I've seen steals there, the deals have been no where near as good as the HEL fares.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 6:17 pm

Code:
BA Business Class

SEA-AMS = $2,285
SEA-TXL = $2,603
SEA-NCE = $2,519
SEA-FCO = $2,751
SEA-MXP = $2,735 

I didn’t apply the 10% Chase BA discount or AARP discount to these prices. Remember to sign up for the bonus promotion that AA and BA has for premium cabin travel between the US and Europe.
Thanks!! Been watching this one for a while

Got SFO-MAD in Biz all BA Metal for $2500 with AARP discount. X-Mas Travel. 12/25 - 1/4
Old Sep 29, 2014, 10:39 pm

Programs: NH AMC, EY Guest Silver,MPC GO
Originally Posted by Squzair
Which website is allowing this? I've gone onto Etihad's side but its not allowing flights from India to BKK or do i hv to select a specific country website to start with. US$560 for abt 9000 base miles is pretty interesting.

TKS!!

use multi-city booking
Old Sep 29, 2014, 10:55 pm

Programs: Platinum
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
BA Business Class

SEA-AMS = $2,285
SEA-TXL = $2,603
SEA-NCE = $2,519
SEA-FCO = $2,751
SEA-MXP = $2,735

I'm seeing PDX-MXP/MAD through August 2015, on BA and AA for ~$2000
Old Sep 30, 2014, 12:43 am

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I just booked ATL-ORY CDG-ATL on Orbitz for $2152 in Biz for 4/5-12/2015.

Interestingly, I could not get this itinerary or price to show up anywhere else. There were numerous itineraries for $2298-2400 or so, but all on AA, US, or BA metal. So it's part of the One World sale.

My itinerary is US on BA metal for ATL-ORY and FinnAir on US metal CDG-ATL. Coach is $1400.

I'm still debating whether I can really afford this . . . . I have until 11 PM Tues. to cancel.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 2:05 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, VA Gold,
See the light

For those making use of the HEL deals you might want to head over to Tallinn for 24 hours if you get the chance (particularly Thur - Sat). Plenty of ferries and very different than Helsinki despite being only 50 miles away.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 6:21 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by tallinnman
For those making use of the HEL deals you might want to head over to Tallinn for 24 hours if you get the chance (particularly Thur - Sat). Plenty of ferries and very different than Helsinki despite being only 50 miles away.
and also very pretty !
Old Sep 30, 2014, 8:01 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
DL: LAX-SJU $996 & 11,466MQMs at 8.7CPM

DL: LAX-SJU $996 & 11,466MQMs at 8.7CPM

Sample date DEC5/6 via JFK out & ATL back
Old Sep 30, 2014, 9:30 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by goteed1
Got SFO-MAD in Biz all BA Metal for $2500 with AARP discount. X-Mas Travel. 12/25 - 1/4
What is with this AARP discount? Are all these people using the AARP discount really 50+ years old?
Old Sep 30, 2014, 9:35 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by whimike
What is with this AARP discount? Are all these people using the AARP discount really 50+ years old?
No. There is no age requirement to join AARP.

EDIT: Ok that's probably not technically true. You might need to be at least 18.

Last edited by Calculon; Sep 30, 2014 at 10:09 am
Old Sep 30, 2014, 10:09 am

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
I'm trying to find $2000 fares from LAX on BA in J starting Jan 1 and having great difficulty.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by whimike
See this...
http://www.ehow.com/about_5065453_aa...uirements.html

I don't see anything on AARP website about associate membership, so I think you have to call to join maybe?
What I am wondering is if AARP works on any other airlines other than BA?
Old Sep 30, 2014, 10:50 am

Programs: Paid F
Originally Posted by badgersfly
See this...

I don't see anything on AARP website about associate membership, so I think you have to call to join maybe?
Just booked SEA-AMS for end of January, $1828 with AARP discount, all BA metal.

I am 38 years old. I highly doubt the AARP can officially discriminate based on age.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 10:51 am

Programs: AS; Aeroplan; Hilton (Diamond); Marriott (Platinum);
Originally Posted by badgersfly
See this...

I signed up for the AARP as an associate and immediately got the $400 discount. This was around 3 weeks ago. Flew my discounted flight last week in J (SEA-FCO). Fantastic deal. Signup link for AARP is here:

https://appsec.aarp.org/MSS/join/app...mp=MBLRSTATE_A

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.