Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skunker
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!
  • Double-check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTAs confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as much detail as possible about the First/Business fare, including: fare class, fare basis, one-way/round-trip, sales channel, sample dates and total price (including taxes).
  • When posting fare rules, please enclose them in a [COÐE][/COÐE] block. Note the use of the eth (Ð) instead of a capital D here to prevent the forum software from trying to insert an actual block. Be sure you use the capital D.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain point of origin, and only very rarely work in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Please include important information such as operating airline, fare classes, city pairs, etc. in the body of your post rather than the post title field as it is not visible to those reading FT on mobile devices. This is not the "trick it" thread. Please do not speak in code.
  • Please do not post large images. Not everyone has infinite resolution, and it makes the rest of the thread very difficult to read. If it's not important enough to type in, it's not important enough to be here.
  • Last but not least: don't call the airline!

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where fares on EI (Aer Lingus) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Aer Lingus does not offer first class. If you see this fare, please ignore it and do not post it here as it is completely unbookable in every sense of the term. The mods are summarily deleting these posts in order to unclutter the thread.

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where Z fares on EY (Etihad) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Z fares are discount business on EY. These fares will not receive chaffeur service. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1622229-removal-chauffeur-service-some-business-class-passengers.html

List of known, active deals:

JNB-DXB-SFO in EK F, $4k-ish one-way
MLE-HKG-US (various) in C, $1400 +/- available only on CX's website.
CMB-MIA, other US cities, for about $4400 in F, round-trip/return

BA AARP $400 discount for J/F bookings is now valid again for booking until 31 Oct 2014 but departure to EOS seems to get the discount. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1435816-ba-fare-discounts-aarp-4.html
Print Wikipost

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2014, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by taco
Use the multi-city search and manually search for each of the legs.
it's pricing out at $3109 for me...
Old Jan 4, 2014, 11:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by EdDalton
What dates did you use? It may simply not be available on the dates you're looking at (an earlier poster mentioned weekends in Feb/March).
Old Jan 4, 2014, 11:43 pm

Try March 1st outbound. March 2nd coming back.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 11:52 pm

Programs: AA,DL
I just pulled up bos to snn $1190 in j march 28th return on the 30th

Last edited by tcook052; Jan 4, 2014 at 11:54 pm Reason: remove quote
Old Jan 5, 2014, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by CoolTourist
Try March 1st outbound. March 2nd coming back.
i'm using these days but it's still not working.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 12:18 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
i'm using these days but it's still not working.
you can search on ITA first, and then search on LH segment by segment.

i got it price out on my date. still thinking if i can find a way to get it cheaper.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 12:48 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by liddy0021
??? can't find the post.... was it in 2013?
post 2333 here

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...013-a-156.html
Old Jan 5, 2014, 2:28 am
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
Still trying to get the dates to work out on LH for me, but came across this routing... has anyone been able to replicate this? It'd be one hell of an MR...

Old Jan 5, 2014, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by mattking2000
Still trying to get the dates to work out on LH for me, but came across this routing... has anyone been able to replicate this? It'd be one hell of an MR...

did u price this out?
Old Jan 5, 2014, 3:26 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by mattking2000

I get CAD13832 for this exact itinerary... Shame
Old Jan 5, 2014, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by Europeanexplorer
I get CAD13832 for this exact itinerary... Shame
i got something similar on ITA.

Finally, I booked a trip at LH.com.
one can book bos ord ewr snn ewr ord bos
for better cpm.
i only managed to book bos ewr snn ewr ord bos due to some constraint.

Last edited by pbd456; Jan 5, 2014 at 4:32 am
Old Jan 5, 2014, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, TK Elite
DL PIT/PHL/BOS-PVG BE $3538 a/i

Looks like DL just loaded some nice BE fares to PVG from select cities: I could find PIT/PHL/BOS but not sure about others. 24K+ MQM possible with $3538-3555 a/i (~3400 MQD). Fare basis ZFE0ZNAM. No min stay / date restrictions . Sample routes from PIT include DTW, MSP/NRT, and JFK/SEA. Some dates require PEK transit with MU metal.

Also decent fare to PEK at $3939-3946 a/i from the same cities.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by pbd456

Finally, I booked a trip at LH.com.
one can book bos ord ewr snn ewr ord bos
for better cpm.
i only managed to book bos ewr snn ewr ord bos due to some constraint.
just to confirm, only for weekend dates in feb and march?
Old Jan 5, 2014, 4:26 pm

just to confirm, only for weekend dates in feb and march?
Yes. I found it on ITA, and then booked it in LH.com
Old Jan 5, 2014, 5:16 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
Still lots of availability throughout the year for less than 1300 euros from ARN to BKK via IST on board TK's business class with a shot at jet airways first class suites on the long haul leg!

Yes there are 2 daily flights BKK-IST, one is with the Jet Airways 77W and the other with an Airbus widebody, A340 I believe, so if you choose the 77W flight and are at the airport early enough, you can get a shot at the first 2 rows which are first class suites :-D

I am considering this flight from ARN during the 2nd half of 2014 if anyone wants a travel buddy!
Is there a deadline to book this fare?

TK has a good C soft product, and I believe you are permitted to stop over at IST for free on all TK fares

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.