Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skunker
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!
  • Double-check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTAs confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as much detail as possible about the First/Business fare, including: fare class, fare basis, one-way/round-trip, sales channel, sample dates and total price (including taxes).
  • When posting fare rules, please enclose them in a [COÐE][/COÐE] block. Note the use of the eth (Ð) instead of a capital D here to prevent the forum software from trying to insert an actual block. Be sure you use the capital D.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain point of origin, and only very rarely work in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Please include important information such as operating airline, fare classes, city pairs, etc. in the body of your post rather than the post title field as it is not visible to those reading FT on mobile devices. This is not the "trick it" thread. Please do not speak in code.
  • Please do not post large images. Not everyone has infinite resolution, and it makes the rest of the thread very difficult to read. If it's not important enough to type in, it's not important enough to be here.
  • Last but not least: don't call the airline!

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where fares on EI (Aer Lingus) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Aer Lingus does not offer first class. If you see this fare, please ignore it and do not post it here as it is completely unbookable in every sense of the term. The mods are summarily deleting these posts in order to unclutter the thread.

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where Z fares on EY (Etihad) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Z fares are discount business on EY. These fares will not receive chaffeur service. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1622229-removal-chauffeur-service-some-business-class-passengers.html

List of known, active deals:

JNB-DXB-SFO in EK F, $4k-ish one-way
MLE-HKG-US (various) in C, $1400 +/- available only on CX's website.
CMB-MIA, other US cities, for about $4400 in F, round-trip/return

BA AARP $400 discount for J/F bookings is now valid again for booking until 31 Oct 2014 but departure to EOS seems to get the discount. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1435816-ba-fare-discounts-aarp-4.html
Print Wikipost

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Old Oct 24, 2014, 5:13 am

Programs: TK*G, LH*S, HH Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Armodeen
A3 OSL - AUH July/August 2015 Business (Z) $615/£380 bookable on cheapO, expedia etc.

Matrix reckons it should be possible to find fares as low as $476/£295 but I don't have time at the moment to look into it further.

A3OSL by armo5, on Flickr
Fare seems to be gone .... Lucky me I booked it twice.
Thanks for this fare !
Old Oct 25, 2014, 8:12 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

The discussion of the pros/cons of the new subforum was moved to this thread: "We got a new subforum -- I'm so happy/I'm so sad" DISCUSSION THREAD. Please continue the discussion there.

The GDPF thread remains open for now, to continue any discussion on fares already posted here. For new fares, please start a thread in the new forum.

--jpdx, MR Moderator
Old Oct 26, 2014, 4:15 am

Programs: AF Platinum, UA Platinum Million Miler Lifetime Gold, QR Platinum, HH Lifetime Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by jpdx
The discussion of the pros/cons of the new subforum was moved to this thread: "We got a new subforum -- I'm so happy/I'm so sad" DISCUSSION THREAD. Please continue the discussion there.

The GDPF thread remains open for now, to continue any discussion on fares already posted here. For new fares, please start a thread in the new forum.

--jpdx, MR Moderator
Where is the new thread?
Old Oct 26, 2014, 5:40 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by Rob Willett
Where is the new thread?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/
Old Oct 26, 2014, 7:34 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Originally Posted by jpdx
For new fares, please start a thread in the new forum.
Why can't we still use this thread for following Premium Fares? It's worked for over half a decade.

The two can complement each other. ^
Old Oct 26, 2014, 10:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by 2lovelife
Why can't we still use this thread for following Premium Fares?
Because nobody will be posting in it?
Old Oct 28, 2014, 9:23 am

Programs: CO Infinite Elite, SPG Plat, US Gold, MR Plat, etc
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Because nobody will be posting in it?
Lol mahasamatan. Sarcasm aside, is there a need to have two different threads devoted to an identical topic?
Old Oct 28, 2014, 9:52 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by OnePassMan
is there a need to have two different threads devoted to an identical topic?
There will not be "two different threads". There will be multiple threads in the new sub-forum instead of this long "combi-thread".

For opinions on whether or not that's a good thing, see the discussion thread created by the mods.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 8:46 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
QR have just released a 2 for 1 business class deal ex UK.

http://www.qatarairways.com/uk/en/of...GB179180?CID=#

3 days only
Old Oct 29, 2014, 11:45 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
QR have just released a 2 for 1 business class deal ex UK.

http://www.qatarairways.com/uk/en/of...GB179180?CID=#

3 days only
For new deals, please start individual threads in the newly created Premium Fares forum. This thread stays open (for now) for the discussion of the various old, expired fares posted earlier.

This particular deal already has an existing thread here, so there's no need to repost.

--jpdx, MR Moderator
Old Nov 4, 2014, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by RobertH
Thanks! I bit. The wife and I are going next June. $2013 each from BOS to AMS via LHR in Upper/Business Class. BOS to LHR on Virgin Atlantic, LHR to AMS on British Airways. It will be interesting to see how many miles we get on Delta for the Virgin Atlantic flights (Z Class). Booked on Orbitz, could not book on Delta, didn't try Virgin or British Airways websites.
I see that this fare ($2013 RT in Business from BOS to AMS) is still available (as of November 4th) through EOS on Orbitz.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 4:49 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
I thank the Gods at FT for creating the new forum. I asked for it and others likely too, and they gave it to us.

Lets all move there and put this thread to rest.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 4:59 pm

I have created a new thread in the Talkboard forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkb...als-forum.html

I sincerely appreciate all input.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 6:51 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by CokeandTaco
I have created a new thread in the Talkboard forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkb...als-forum.html
And all this time I though you only posted great deals ^
Old Nov 24, 2014, 5:11 pm
Suspended

Can we make this thread a sticky in the new Premium Deals Forum, for reference purposes?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.