Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skunker
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!
  • Double-check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTAs confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as much detail as possible about the First/Business fare, including: fare class, fare basis, one-way/round-trip, sales channel, sample dates and total price (including taxes).
  • When posting fare rules, please enclose them in a [COĐE][/COĐE] block. Note the use of the eth (Đ) instead of a capital D here to prevent the forum software from trying to insert an actual block. Be sure you use the capital D.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain point of origin, and only very rarely work in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Please include important information such as operating airline, fare classes, city pairs, etc. in the body of your post rather than the post title field as it is not visible to those reading FT on mobile devices. This is not the "trick it" thread. Please do not speak in code.
  • Please do not post large images. Not everyone has infinite resolution, and it makes the rest of the thread very difficult to read. If it's not important enough to type in, it's not important enough to be here.
  • Last but not least: don't call the airline!

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where fares on EI (Aer Lingus) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Aer Lingus does not offer first class. If you see this fare, please ignore it and do not post it here as it is completely unbookable in every sense of the term. The mods are summarily deleting these posts in order to unclutter the thread.

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where Z fares on EY (Etihad) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Z fares are discount business on EY. These fares will not receive chaffeur service. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1622229-removal-chauffeur-service-some-business-class-passengers.html

List of known, active deals:

JNB-DXB-SFO in EK F, $4k-ish one-way
MLE-HKG-US (various) in C, $1400 +/- available only on CX's website.
CMB-MIA, other US cities, for about $4400 in F, round-trip/return

BA AARP $400 discount for J/F bookings is now valid again for booking until 31 Oct 2014 but departure to EOS seems to get the discount. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1435816-ba-fare-discounts-aarp-4.html
Print Wikipost

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2014, 11:25 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Originally Posted by titzech
Air France is having pretty good fares ex-usa to Europe up to 70% off

http://www.airfrance.us/US/en/local/..._edatis_726069
Dates ? Routes? I'm not getting much from las. $3731 for December. Not a great or even good deal.

Last edited by boss315; Oct 22, 2014 at 11:31 am
Old Oct 22, 2014, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by boss315
Dates ? Routes? I'm not getting much from las. $3731 for December. Not a great or even good deal.
If you click the link you'll see the fares and rules. Some routes have good fares, others not so much. And nothing terribly different than what's been posted here recently.

Our Best Fares
round-trip including taxes & carrier surcharges
New York - Madridfrom $1,841*
New York - Parisfrom $2,311*
Washington - Genevafrom $2,405*
Chicago - Londonfrom $2,840*
San Francisco-Parisfrom $3,222*
Houston - Milanfrom $3,607*

*Fares are round-trip and include taxes, carrier surcharge and applicable service fees. The fares are valid for travel between November 22 through November 28, 2014 and can be purchased 28 days in advance. Fares are also valid for travel between December 15, 2014 through January 3, 2015 and can be purchased 60 days in advance. Tickets must be purchased before October 24, 2014 11:59PM EDT. A 3 day minimum stay is required and a maximum of 10 days stay is permitted. Fares are non-refundable, except for flights to/from the U.S., you may cancel the ticketed reservation without penalty and receive a refund provided that you cancel the reservation within 24-hours after making it. Changes are allowed for a $400 fee plus applicable fare adjustment fees. Additional conditions may apply. Fares are subject to class of service availability and may be changed or withdrawn without notice. Additional baggage fees may apply. Non-stop flights from the USA to Europe can be operated by Air France, KLM, Delta Air Lines, or Alitalia. Segments within Europe can be operated by Air France, KLM, Alitalia, Air Europa, Transavia, Brit Air, CCM, Flybe, City Jet, Olympic Airways, TAROM, Aeroflot Russian, Bulgaria Air, Czech Airways, Twin Jet, Regional, Ukraine Intl, BT, B2, Finnair, Rossiya-Russian Airlines, Austrian, JAT Airways
Old Oct 22, 2014, 2:33 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Our Best Fares

NY-MAD is on DL and available on dl.com for as little as $1809 Nov 23-28
Old Oct 22, 2014, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by titzech
Air France is having pretty good fares ex-usa to Europe up to 70% off

http://www.airfrance.us/US/en/local/..._edatis_726069
Not worthy of a milage run for me, but not bad for some of the direct routes.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by bobf
Our Best Fares

NY-MAD is on DL and available on dl.com for as little as $1809 Nov 23-28
Are these fares similar to what are usually on offer for summer sale?

Also, when is a good time to look for and book summer sale fares?
Old Oct 22, 2014, 6:20 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
No, not great at all for summer.

Stick around, look back a few pages or more to see the discussion. OneWorld and Skyteam have been doing flash sales for about 24-48 hours (not announced like this one in email).

$1800 ish from west coast, slightly less from east coast. Read the Wiki for details on how to use BA AARP discount to know $400 off if you use OW.

Originally Posted by sfvoyage
Are these fares similar to what are usually on offer for summer sale?

Also, when is a good time to look for and book summer sale fares?
Old Oct 22, 2014, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by stephem
No, not great at all for summer.

Stick around, look back a few pages or more to see the discussion. OneWorld and Skyteam have been doing flash sales for about 24-48 hours (not announced like this one in email).

$1800 ish from west coast, slightly less from east coast. Read the Wiki for details on how to use BA AARP discount to know $400 off if you use OW.
Thanks for the tip! I don't usually use OW but am open to it. The BA AARP offer looks promising, but I can't book by its 31Oct deadline. Hopefully it'll get extended, or other offers will pop up in the coming months. I'm looking to travel next July, preferably SFO-CDG, but really anywhere around CDG will be fine as well.

I've subscribed to this very helpful thread.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:36 am

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
Thanks for the tip! I don't usually use OW but am open to it. The BA AARP offer looks promising, but I can't book by its 31Oct deadline. Hopefully it'll get extended, or other offers will pop up in the coming months. I'm looking to travel next July, preferably SFO-CDG, but really anywhere around CDG will be fine as well.

I've subscribed to this very helpful thread.
The BA fares are gone right now. Who knows if/when they come back...
Old Oct 23, 2014, 10:55 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
The EY Z fares come up quite often in this thread, so I thought people should know that EY has apparently removed chauffeur service for Z fare business tickets. Keep that in mind if that matters to you.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etiha...assengers.html
Old Oct 23, 2014, 11:55 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by soy
Would be good to know what the rules are for this sub-forum.

Is it a seperate thread for each deal or do we just continue as before in the mega-thread?

Also now that we have a sub-forum, is it ok for coded posts. There was a great example recently for OSL-CGK that got kicked into the trick it thread.
(not saying we need/want the level of coding that the trick thread has, but there is a happy balance that is achievable).
The thing about the OSL-CGK fare was that it wasn't a trick. The poster just coded the routing "trick it" style to make it more fun and make it last longer. There were zero tricks to get the right price after you solved the not too difficult riddle. Once it was posted to blogs it was dead in a couple hours.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Originally Posted by Calchas
May I ask that fares be cross posted to this thread as well?

I am aware that there is a high level of meta discussion in this thread (and this post is a guilty part of that) but it is helpful to see the fares at a glance in a time-ordered thread view rather than jumbled up by the last-post date on in the forum view.

Also, I check the My Flyertalk page each day and that shows subscribed threads better than it shows subscribed fora.
Same here... ^^^
Old Oct 23, 2014, 12:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by Calchas
May I ask that fares be cross posted to this thread as well?

I am aware that there is a high level of meta discussion in this thread (and this post is a guilty part of that) but it is helpful to see the fares at a glance in a time-ordered thread view rather than jumbled up by the last-post date on in the forum view.

Also, I check the My Flyertalk page each day and that shows subscribed threads better than it shows subscribed fora.
Could you not simply subscribe to the new forum and receive emails on any new posts contained within?
Old Oct 23, 2014, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by CLEguy
Could you not simply subscribe to the new forum and receive emails on any new posts contained within?
Unfortunately, forum subscriptions only send once-daily emails, which doesn't work well when several fares posted here only last a few hours.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CLEguy
If I could receive notifications (but not by email) on new threads only and not new posts to those threads, that would be helpful. Giving fares as replies in this thread (and I am at pains to apologise for taking us off topic and thereby undermining my argument) serves a similar function.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 12:29 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by skunker
The thing about the OSL-CGK fare was that it wasn't a trick. The poster just coded the routing "trick it" style to make it more fun and make it last longer. There were zero tricks to get the right price after you solved the not too difficult riddle. Once it was posted to blogs it was dead in a couple hours.
Agreed, I thought it was an excellent move by BR to post in that way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.