Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skunker
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!
  • Double-check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTAs confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as much detail as possible about the First/Business fare, including: fare class, fare basis, one-way/round-trip, sales channel, sample dates and total price (including taxes).
  • When posting fare rules, please enclose them in a [COĐE][/COĐE] block. Note the use of the eth (Đ) instead of a capital D here to prevent the forum software from trying to insert an actual block. Be sure you use the capital D.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain point of origin, and only very rarely work in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Please include important information such as operating airline, fare classes, city pairs, etc. in the body of your post rather than the post title field as it is not visible to those reading FT on mobile devices. This is not the "trick it" thread. Please do not speak in code.
  • Please do not post large images. Not everyone has infinite resolution, and it makes the rest of the thread very difficult to read. If it's not important enough to type in, it's not important enough to be here.
  • Last but not least: don't call the airline!

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where fares on EI (Aer Lingus) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Aer Lingus does not offer first class. If you see this fare, please ignore it and do not post it here as it is completely unbookable in every sense of the term. The mods are summarily deleting these posts in order to unclutter the thread.

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where Z fares on EY (Etihad) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Z fares are discount business on EY. These fares will not receive chaffeur service. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1622229-removal-chauffeur-service-some-business-class-passengers.html

List of known, active deals:

JNB-DXB-SFO in EK F, $4k-ish one-way
MLE-HKG-US (various) in C, $1400 +/- available only on CX's website.
CMB-MIA, other US cities, for about $4400 in F, round-trip/return

BA AARP $400 discount for J/F bookings is now valid again for booking until 31 Oct 2014 but departure to EOS seems to get the discount. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1435816-ba-fare-discounts-aarp-4.html
Print Wikipost

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2014, 4:21 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Originally Posted by JBJ2435
On DL these book into GAP fares, y with immediate UG. Z is discounted BE.

Only draw back on GAP is if IRROPs or equip swap you may lose seat, but you book into F/BE immediately. I've never had a problem with these fares...
Agreed.

Anyway if you're purchasing a discounted first or business ticket on Delta for travel within North America, it's near certainty that it is an UP fare.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 8:00 am

Programs: United
Originally Posted by stephem
Wow- I got SEA-PVR-SEA on DL down to $686 RT by booking the DL nonstop. Requires 7 day stay though since that flight seems to operate only once per week. Something wonky with taxes as routing SEA-LAX-PVR-LAX-SEA seems to raise taxes substantially. The fare goes to $810 RT.
Premium cabin?
Old Oct 18, 2014, 9:21 am

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; OW Emerald; MVP Gold 100k;Marriott/SPG LTPlat; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by opusone
Premium cabin?
Just found one date for non stop in Z for that price in Jan, searched non stop and it said didn't exist...
Old Oct 18, 2014, 11:15 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Just found one date for non stop in Z for that price in Jan, searched non stop and it said didn't exist...
ITA has assorted SEA-PVR dates on DL nonstop throughout the month. Prices out on delta.com at $685, booking into Z. Doesn't require a 7-day stay, either. Sample dates: 1/6-1/9. DL lists the flight as earning 6,232 MQM (which would be 11.0 cpm). RDMs would be under the new DL system.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 11:19 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
DL has a nonstop only on Saturday, hence the need to do a 7 day stay to get the $686 fare. It's an XUP fare, so you need to find both X and Z availability to be up front, but that doesn't seem to be a problem, hence the aggressive discounting by DL.
DL638 SEA 8:50am PVR 3:24pm
DL640 PVR 4:15pm SEA 7:14pm

Fare is DL XNN00ANZ SEA to PVR

Again, with class of service bonus it's like 11c per mile. Not a great MR per se, but definitely a great premium fare for this route. To do less than 7 days you need to connect one way in LAX and I can only get that down to about $740 RT, for some reason that very same base fare (XNN00ANZ) is $50 more when routed through LAX.

You can also route through MSP (8cents per mile), ATL (7c) but I think one way on the nonstop and one way with a quick connect in LAX or SLC is probably ideal if this is just being used for a premium fare, not MR.

SEA-SJD is in the same range, but I'm going to give Cabo a bit of recovery time before heading there...

Last edited by stephem; Oct 18, 2014 at 11:31 am
Old Oct 18, 2014, 11:46 am

Programs: Platinum
Found PDX-AMS for $2170, August 2015.

You Oneworld people have some great fares going. Makes me want to jump ship from *Alliance.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 12:06 pm

Thanks for flagging, same base fare PDX-CDG. SEA departures as well as many other EU cities are somewhat higher and outer of the great deals band for now.

Those PDX ones should price out around $1600 w AARP and Chase 10%.

Originally Posted by frankmu

You Oneworld people have some great fares going. Makes me want to jump ship from *Alliance.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Originally Posted by stephem
Thanks for flagging, same base fare PDX-CDG. SEA departures as well as many other EU cities are somewhat higher and outer of the great deals band for now.

Those PDX ones should price out around $1600 w AARP and Chase 10%.
Didn't the AARP end?
Old Oct 18, 2014, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by steveholt
ITA has assorted SEA-PVR dates on DL nonstop throughout the month. Prices out on delta.com at $685, booking into Z. Doesn't require a 7-day stay, either. Sample dates: 1/6-1/9. DL lists the flight as earning 6,232 MQM (which would be 11.0 cpm). RDMs would be under the new DL system.
this is a case where i wish i had more confidence that AS earning rates on DL flights were going to remain the same next year...
Old Oct 18, 2014, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by Deltahater
Didn't the AARP end?
See wiki, which I updated yesterday...

Edited to Add: BA AARP discount is live again, at least thru bookings made prior to 31 Oct, but since the page came back up earlier this week, you can now book out to EOS.
CARDOFFERU isnt working yet for summer travel (probably wont until Jan 1) so you can only get $400 off. So I am getting $1769 PDX-AMS and about $100 more for PDX-CDG.

Last edited by stephem; Oct 18, 2014 at 2:09 pm
Old Oct 18, 2014, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by Deltahater
Didn't the AARP end?
I thought it was supposed to go to October 31st but if so the log in page is down right now
Old Oct 18, 2014, 1:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by frankmu

A bit too expensive. Wait until March next year and J fares should come down significantly for summer travel.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 2:33 pm

Programs: MR LT Platinum, HH Diamond, WN A-List,
Originally Posted by jkenn
I thought it was supposed to go to October 31st but if so the log in page is down right now
I just logged and everything is working.

Also I grabbed one of the SJC - CDG/ORY last night

Base price $2142 - $400 (AARP Discount) = $1742.26 each in business
Old Oct 18, 2014, 3:22 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
A bit too expensive. Wait until March next year and J fares should come down significantly for summer travel.
What now? In the past weeks, I bought C fares from the West Coast to Europe for $1500 for peak summer travel. Are you truly suggesting these unprecedentedly low fares will drop further?
Old Oct 18, 2014, 3:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jpdx
What now? In the past weeks, I bought C fares from the West Coast to Europe for $1500 for peak summer travel. Are you truly suggesting these unprecedentedly low fares will drop further?
$1500 is less than the $2100 mentioned earlier to which I was replying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.