Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 23, 14, 3:07 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: skunker
Wiki Link
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!
  • Double-check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTAs confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as much detail as possible about the First/Business fare, including: fare class, fare basis, one-way/round-trip, sales channel, sample dates and total price (including taxes).
  • When posting fare rules, please enclose them in a [COĐE][/COĐE] block. Note the use of the eth (Đ) instead of a capital D here to prevent the forum software from trying to insert an actual block. Be sure you use the capital D.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain point of origin, and only very rarely work in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Please include important information such as operating airline, fare classes, city pairs, etc. in the body of your post rather than the post title field as it is not visible to those reading FT on mobile devices. This is not the "trick it" thread. Please do not speak in code.
  • Please do not post large images. Not everyone has infinite resolution, and it makes the rest of the thread very difficult to read. If it's not important enough to type in, it's not important enough to be here.
  • Last but not least: don't call the airline!

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where fares on EI (Aer Lingus) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Aer Lingus does not offer first class. If you see this fare, please ignore it and do not post it here as it is completely unbookable in every sense of the term. The mods are summarily deleting these posts in order to unclutter the thread.

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where Z fares on EY (Etihad) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Z fares are discount business on EY. These fares will not receive chaffeur service. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etiha...assengers.html

List of known, active deals:

JNB-DXB-SFO in EK F, $4k-ish one-way
MLE-HKG-US (various) in C, $1400 +/- available only on CX's website.
CMB-MIA, other US cities, for about $4400 in F, round-trip/return

BA AARP $400 discount for J/F bookings is now valid again for booking until 31 Oct 2014 but departure to EOS seems to get the discount. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ts-aarp-4.html
Print Wikipost

Closed Thread

Old Oct 14, 14, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, AZ, BA, KL
Originally Posted by KL803 View Post
KL Business Class Sale from Switzerland:

http://www.klm.com/travel/ch_en/plan...ers/index3.htm.
I guess Switzerland is quite an expensive departure point; most of the destinations on offer from CH are also on offer direct from Amsterdam for several hundred Euro less; in the case of some destinations, you're paying nearly twice the price to start from Switzerland as compared to flying direct from Amsterdam. [eg: Lima CHF4350[€3600] vs €1992 direct from AMS]

And even the Amsterdam prices don't strike me as being particularly great deals!!!
Old Oct 14, 14, 12:02 pm

Programs: FB Silver, ANA, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by aa213bb View Post
I assume my bolded and underlined section is a mistake, and is supposed maybe to read "23.12.2014 to 02.01.2015", no?

Otherwise, why have the first restriction on a travel period of "23.11.2014 to 30.11.2014"?
Now as you mention it: very weird, I copy-pasted this from the deal page! I reckon, too, you're right.

Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post
I guess Switzerland is quite an expensive departure point; most of the destinations on offer from CH are also on offer direct from Amsterdam for several hundred Euro less; in the case of some destinations, you're paying nearly twice the price to start from Switzerland as compared to flying direct from Amsterdam. [eg: Lima CHF4350[€3600] vs €1992 direct from AMS]

And even the Amsterdam prices don't strike me as being particularly great deals!!!
ZRH is indeed not the cheapest departure point. Just to compare: On ZRH-BKK the KL fare is 'only' roughly $ 150 more expensive than on Etihad, which offers currently the cheapest fares. So for Swiss standards some of the KL fares are pretty good value.
Old Oct 14, 14, 2:19 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
CMB - LAX $2792 in F

As per lucky's blog

Here is an example if you want to fly Etihad's first. $2792 CMB-LAX

Feb 11th CMB-AUH A320 F(Z)
Feb 11th AUH-LAX 777 F(Z)

return

Feb 18th LAX-AUH 777 F(Z)
Feb 19th AUH-CMB A320 F(Z)

Not sure what you can do with Etihad miles though. There are some other deals out there and he lists a more interesting routing (at a higher cost $4000) for doing

CMB-AUH A320 F(Z)
AUH-LHR A380 F(Z)
LHR-LAX A380 BA (Z)

and return. This would give you the chance to fly Etihad's A380 and it would also let you earn BA points.
Old Oct 14, 14, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
As discussed above, Z is a business class booking code that is sometimes incorrectly coded as F. That is a business class fare.

The BA F fare that he references via London is legit though.
Old Oct 14, 14, 2:32 pm
Community Director

Originally Posted by smilee View Post
Not sure what you can do with Etihad miles though.
Why not credit them to AA?
Old Oct 14, 14, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Not sure what you can do with Etihad miles though.
You know Etihad is starting a new alliance right? For starters its airberlin, Air Serbia, Air Seychelles, Jet Airways, Darwin Airline, and Etihad Airways. But I expect others to join later. Maybe AZ next. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23649209-post32.html
Old Oct 14, 14, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by Sykes View Post
As discussed above, Z is a business class booking code that is sometimes incorrectly coded as F. That is a business class fare.

The BA F fare that he references via London is legit though.
Are you sure about that? I seem to recall this discussion a year ago and people reporting they flew in First on all segments. (But, this is just a recollection, I could be wrong. And I don't care enough to find it! )
Old Oct 14, 14, 3:16 pm

Programs: DL PM, MR Plat/LTG, Hilton Gold, UA Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by 110pgl View Post
Are you sure about that? I seem to recall this discussion a year ago and people reporting they flew in First on all segments. (But, this is just a recollection, I could be wrong. And I don't care enough to find it! )
If you take it to an OTA it won't price into First it only prices at the price quoted above in J - at least in all my attempts to replicate - if someone else is successful though let us knkw
Old Oct 14, 14, 3:41 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K View Post
Etihad marketed & operated flights to/from the US do not accrue miles.

Etihad Airways operated and marketed flights between Chicago (ORD), Dallas/Ft Worth (DFW), Los Angeles (LAX), New York (JFK), San Francisco (SFO), Washington Dulles (IAD),Toronto (YYZ) and Abu Dhabi are not eligible for mileage accrual

Last edited by tcook052; Oct 14, 14 at 4:58 pm Reason: off topic
Old Oct 14, 14, 3:59 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador, Marriott Gold
As per lucky's blog

Here is an example if you want to fly Etihad's first. $2792 CMB-LAX

Feb 11th CMB-AUH A320 F(Z)
Feb 11th AUH-LAX 777 F(Z)

return

Feb 18th LAX-AUH 777 F(Z)
Feb 19th AUH-CMB A320 F(Z)

Not sure what you can do with Etihad miles though. There are some other deals out there and he lists a more interesting routing (at a higher cost $4000) for doing

CMB-AUH A320 F(Z)
AUH-LHR A380 F(Z)
LHR-LAX A380 BA (Z)

and return. This would give you the chance to fly Etihad's A380 and it would also let you earn BA points.
That's not the example Lucky uses. He quoted a RT fare:
CMB-AUH - J (D) on SriLankan
AUH-LHR - F (R) on Etihad
LHR-LAX - F (A) on British
& exactly the same thing in reverse for a total of $4,736.80.
Old Oct 15, 14, 4:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
DL has some relatively cheap BOS flights in first over the next couple of months, mostly by virtue of a cheap BOS-ATL biz fare that pops up occasionally, from what I can tell. So just looking at 0-day turns, best itinerary I can find is BOS-ATL-TPA-CVG-BOS for $416, which generates 4,457 MQM at 9.3 CPM, booking into G and Z.

A more expensive routing that maximizes miles: BOS-MSP-TPA-MSP-BOS, leaving 11/18, returning 11/21. $567.20, generates 7,290 MQM at 7.8 CPM, booking into G on the outbound and P on the return.
Old Oct 15, 14, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skunker View Post
It wasn't an Orbitz issue; the fare was filed that way.
Ah, okay, I couldn't price it on Expedia, so figured it might have been an Orbitz thing.
Old Oct 15, 14, 10:39 pm

They're back

Originally Posted by mannyJ View Post
It looks like the on-again, off-again Oneworld business class deals for west coast to Europe are back on again, with, e.g., SJC-CDG-SJC pricing at ~$2100, similar to LYS. About $2200 for PDX-CDG-PDX. I was looking in August but availability seems to be wide open and fast turn-arounds possible. Found on Google flights and confirmed on AA.com, although I didn't go all the way through to payment. Flights on BA slightly more expensive.

... also targeting Skyteam hubs in AMS and Italy ...
These disappeared quickly last time (one day?), but now they're back. Sample routing, SEA-LHR-LYS-LHR-SEA on BA, ~$2100, or SJC-PHX-LHR-CDG-ORD-SJC on BA/AA, also ~2100. Plus a bunch of other combinations between West Coast and AMS, CDG, Italy, at slightly less attractive prices. Wide availability through end of schedule.
Old Oct 15, 14, 11:04 pm

AARP discount on BA is down now (effective 15Oct), hopefully that will come back up and be valid through next Fall so I can grab 5 of these for summer travel!

Originally Posted by mannyJ View Post
These disappeared quickly last time (one day?), but now they're back. Sample routing, SEA-LHR-LYS-LHR-SEA on BA, ~$2100, or SJC-PHX-LHR-CDG-ORD-SJC on BA/AA, also ~2100. Plus a bunch of other combinations between West Coast and AMS, CDG, Italy, at slightly less attractive prices. Wide availability through end of schedule.
Old Oct 15, 14, 11:34 pm

The LAX-MAD Skyteam fares seem to be back too. Sample dates March 28-April 5 for $2159.

Really weird algorithms this year on some of these city/fare combinations.

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: