Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skunker
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!
  • Double-check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTAs confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as much detail as possible about the First/Business fare, including: fare class, fare basis, one-way/round-trip, sales channel, sample dates and total price (including taxes).
  • When posting fare rules, please enclose them in a [COÐE][/COÐE] block. Note the use of the eth (Ð) instead of a capital D here to prevent the forum software from trying to insert an actual block. Be sure you use the capital D.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain point of origin, and only very rarely work in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Please include important information such as operating airline, fare classes, city pairs, etc. in the body of your post rather than the post title field as it is not visible to those reading FT on mobile devices. This is not the "trick it" thread. Please do not speak in code.
  • Please do not post large images. Not everyone has infinite resolution, and it makes the rest of the thread very difficult to read. If it's not important enough to type in, it's not important enough to be here.
  • Last but not least: don't call the airline!

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where fares on EI (Aer Lingus) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Aer Lingus does not offer first class. If you see this fare, please ignore it and do not post it here as it is completely unbookable in every sense of the term. The mods are summarily deleting these posts in order to unclutter the thread.

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where Z fares on EY (Etihad) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Z fares are discount business on EY. These fares will not receive chaffeur service. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1622229-removal-chauffeur-service-some-business-class-passengers.html

List of known, active deals:

JNB-DXB-SFO in EK F, $4k-ish one-way
MLE-HKG-US (various) in C, $1400 +/- available only on CX's website.
CMB-MIA, other US cities, for about $4400 in F, round-trip/return

BA AARP $400 discount for J/F bookings is now valid again for booking until 31 Oct 2014 but departure to EOS seems to get the discount. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1435816-ba-fare-discounts-aarp-4.html
Print Wikipost

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2014, 1:25 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Lots of availability for PHX-PRG April 2015 in J (Z fare) on DL/AF/KL for $2,400.

Just looking at my annual trip to Prague and paid $1,600 last April for AF in PE.

Haven't checked any other cities or dates.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 3:03 pm

I hope this qualifies and has not been posted before

EK in First class from JNB to NYC return for USD 5,699.28

Outbound 6th Nov and return 26th November.

Bookable on Emirates website
Old Oct 3, 2014, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Docterror
I hope this qualifies and has not been posted before

EK in First class from JNB to NYC return for USD 5,699.28

Outbound 6th Nov and return 26th November.

Bookable on Emirates website
Try YYZ instead. You may be pleasantly surprised
Old Oct 3, 2014, 3:37 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by Titom
Hi everybody, not sure is this the right place to post, but i have found on ita (on my mobile) a CMB-MIA for 4,481 USD, in a combination of J and F. Routing is CMB-AUH with UL in J, then AUH-LHR with EY in F, then LHR-MIA with BA in F. The price seems pretty "ok" for 2 out of 3 legs in F, including EY F in the A380.
However i cannot replicate in any other website, so i wondered if someone could help find it.
Sample dates are 31 Aug 2015, return 07 Sept 15.
Fare code seems BA AAPAS.
Maybe it's a mistake fare, maybe a ghost, but i thought it was worth sharing for ppl who might have more knowledge then me on how to find it.
Thanks for reading

Edit : found the fare rule on expertflyer, and it can be booked on ba.com, however it is going through DOH, not AUH. AUH seems more interesting for the A380 in F. Still searching...
This fare has been around for a long time, and is about double what it used to be. To avoid this fare going the same way, maybe limit what you post to the world (and bloggers, especially bloggers).

Last edited by skunker; Oct 14, 2014 at 3:56 pm Reason: I spell good...
Old Oct 3, 2014, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
I always appreciate postings, but I do not think this is a good deal. Way too specific, too. YMMV.
There are multiple dates available on EK website, This was only an example. Feel free to check.

The info above shows JNB-DXB-SFO in F, one way, for 4K USD as a good deal. Are you absolutely sure this isn't anywhere good?
Old Oct 3, 2014, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by jona970318
Try YYZ instead. You may be pleasantly surprised
I am. It falls down to less than half price. Good spot.

Thanks
Old Oct 3, 2014, 9:04 pm

It is actually 4,400 usd return. That doesn't seem bad. But I'll take note for the future of your comments.
If it is return (as opposed to what is in the wiki), then, yes it is a good one. It is 2200 each way, certainly a good deal in first.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 12:44 am

Finnair: Germany-BKK Biz rt ~1400-1470€

available January - June 2015 on finnair.com or OTAs

from major German Airports (DUS/MUC/FRA/HAM/BER) to Bangkok via Helsinki
Old Oct 4, 2014, 5:41 am

MLE to ORD on CX. One way

Hey, first time posting on this thread. Not sure how special this fare is but I'm seeing lots of dates in March for about C$1600. Other NA destinations are all two grand or more.

Over twenty hours in that J seat...I could think of worse things.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by grandgourmand
Hey, first time posting on this thread. Not sure how special this fare is but I'm seeing lots of dates in March for about C$1600. Other NA destinations are all two grand or more.

Over twenty hours in that J seat...I could think of worse things.
Welcome to FT.

This fare (also in the wiki) is well known. CX just started flying this route about a year ago.

From the wiki... MLE-HKG-US (various) in C, $1400 +/- available only on CX's website.

Thanks for the post. Keep it going.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
It is actually 4,400 usd return. That doesn't seem bad. But I'll take note for the future of your comments.
Unless I've missed something, I'm almost certain that its $4,400 USD oneway
Old Oct 4, 2014, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by jona970318
Unless I've missed something, I'm almost certain that its $4,400 USD oneway
Please, accept that it is return, round-trip: there-and-back between Johannesburg and Toronto. On Emirates. In first class. via Dubai. Now can we move on ?

(You could even go check for yourself: USD4401 on ITA, ZAR49653 on the airline's website.)
Old Oct 4, 2014, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Please, accept that it is return, round-trip: there-and-back between Johannesburg and Toronto. On Emirates. In first class. via Dubai. Now can we move on ?

(You could even go check for yourself: USD4401 on ITA, ZAR49653 on the airline's website.)
Or $2.7k OW
Old Oct 4, 2014, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by grandgourmand
Originally Posted by 110pgl
From the wiki... MLE-HKG-US (various) in C, $1400 +/- available only on CX's website.
And presumably you're talking one-way. Ex-MLE J fares were raised a few months ago, and it's now something like USD $2,400 roundtrip.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 12:49 pm

Programs: Alaska Air
With regards to Titom's fare, it does appear to be something different than the one-way listed on the wiki. It's an RT from CMB to NYC for $4980 in F, widely available on google flights. EY and BA metal.

Fare basis, AAPAS. 10 transfers permitted on the pricing unit, five in each direction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.