Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skunker
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!
  • Double-check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTAs confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as much detail as possible about the First/Business fare, including: fare class, fare basis, one-way/round-trip, sales channel, sample dates and total price (including taxes).
  • When posting fare rules, please enclose them in a [COĐE][/COĐE] block. Note the use of the eth (Đ) instead of a capital D here to prevent the forum software from trying to insert an actual block. Be sure you use the capital D.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain point of origin, and only very rarely work in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Please include important information such as operating airline, fare classes, city pairs, etc. in the body of your post rather than the post title field as it is not visible to those reading FT on mobile devices. This is not the "trick it" thread. Please do not speak in code.
  • Please do not post large images. Not everyone has infinite resolution, and it makes the rest of the thread very difficult to read. If it's not important enough to type in, it's not important enough to be here.
  • Last but not least: don't call the airline!

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where fares on EI (Aer Lingus) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Aer Lingus does not offer first class. If you see this fare, please ignore it and do not post it here as it is completely unbookable in every sense of the term. The mods are summarily deleting these posts in order to unclutter the thread.

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where Z fares on EY (Etihad) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Z fares are discount business on EY. These fares will not receive chaffeur service. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1622229-removal-chauffeur-service-some-business-class-passengers.html

List of known, active deals:

JNB-DXB-SFO in EK F, $4k-ish one-way
MLE-HKG-US (various) in C, $1400 +/- available only on CX's website.
CMB-MIA, other US cities, for about $4400 in F, round-trip/return

BA AARP $400 discount for J/F bookings is now valid again for booking until 31 Oct 2014 but departure to EOS seems to get the discount. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1435816-ba-fare-discounts-aarp-4.html
Print Wikipost

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2014, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
You got it 100%.

Illinois is the "Land of Lincoln" and Wisconsin is the home of the cheeseheads.
Let's hope that next time, that poster will use the Proper nouns rather than straining his/her fingers with all the unnecessary typing!
Old Oct 1, 2014, 7:48 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by stimpy
If you've spent any time in Illinois, you may have noticed all the license plates say Land of Lincoln on them, as he was born there. http://www.museum.state.il.us/exhibi...ls/slogan.html
Lincoln was born in KY
Old Oct 1, 2014, 8:24 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Is California in the same league like ORD?

?? There have been lots of posting of sale fares from CA. LAX-BCN was in the $1300s at one point and SFO-BCN was in the $1600s.

There have been some deals from ORD as well.

But each round brings some slightly different origination points, so you just have to check frequently.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 18sas
?? There have been lots of posting of sale fares from CA. LAX-BCN was in the $1300s at one point and SFO-BCN was in the $1600s.
Thanks for the heads up. I must have missed it. Great fare out of LAX.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 9:32 am

Programs: Paid F
Is California in the same league like ORD?
For end of January, I booked SJC-DFW-LHR-AMS / LIN-LHR-LAX-SFO in OW J (including an A380 J leg LHR-LAX) for $2400 AI with AARP.

Not the best, but worked for my dates as I have an actual need to be in Europe then.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 9:47 am

Thanks for the heads up. I must have missed it. Great fare out of LAX.
Yes it was. It didn't last very long though. There have been several more postings since then but all in the $2000-$2200 range. Still not bad though.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 12:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by chris1979
welcome to FT.

There are some very good ex CPH OW fares to the US including SFO. best availablity post 1st July but also has a window end of March and some this year.
Thanks, where can I find these fare? Sorry for newbie question.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by maxswanson
Thanks, where can I find these fare? Sorry for newbie question.
What most people do I think is start with something like ITA. http://matrix.itasoftware.com

There are a lot of search capabilities built in that make ITA one of the best tools to find fare deals and valid routings.

However, you can't book through ITA directly. Basically you will just take the flight information that you have and use your favorite online travel agency website to try to do the bookings. Or call a travel agent with the info.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 2:16 pm

Has anyone had luck booking from the East Coast, specifically Washington DC? I checked a couple routes in March from DC, and they were the retail price.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Has anyone had luck booking from the East Coast, specifically Washington DC? I checked a couple routes in March from DC, and they were the retail price.
I posted a fare about 2 pages ago, about flights from New York straight to London for ~$1800. I just checked and they seem to still be going on. You just have to book the outbound flight before January 4th. JFK to LCY is also avaliable at the same rate with is a nice boost in tier points.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by Jwb13c
I posted a fare about 2 pages ago, about flights from New York straight to London for ~$1800. I just checked and they seem to still be going on. You just have to book the outbound flight before January 4th. JFK to LCY is also avaliable at the same rate with is a nice boost in tier points.
Oh I see. Thanks jwb13c!
Old Oct 1, 2014, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
UA:
LAX-IAD-CHS $840 (8200ish PQMs with 500 mins and COS bonus)
LAX-ORD-CMH-IAH-LAX $690 (6900ish PQMs with 500 mins and COS)

DL:
LAX-ATL-PWM-DTW-MSP-LAX $860 (8600ish MQMs)
Old Oct 1, 2014, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by JW76
Just booked SEA-AMS for end of January, $1828 with AARP discount, all BA metal.

I am 38 years old. I highly doubt the AARP can officially discriminate based on age.
They're a private member based organization. They can make whatever rules they want for membership.

As for age, while you may not get a card, I've found most places just want the number. You do get your member number right away, and there's nothing in the number that indicates if you're a full or associate member.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
As for age, while you may not get a card, I've found most places just want the number.
There's also an app, at least for android, which shows an image of your membership card.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 5:25 pm

Programs: Paid F
Originally Posted by flyerCO
They're a private member based organization. They can make whatever rules they want for membership.
Ah, no, they can't. Could they arbitrarily exclude homosexuals, or Jews? What about African Americans? One of their top lobbying goals is fighting against age discrimination. Discriminating against younger members would be both illegal and irrational for them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.