Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skunker
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!
  • Double-check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTAs confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as much detail as possible about the First/Business fare, including: fare class, fare basis, one-way/round-trip, sales channel, sample dates and total price (including taxes).
  • When posting fare rules, please enclose them in a [COE][/COE] block. Note the use of the eth () instead of a capital D here to prevent the forum software from trying to insert an actual block. Be sure you use the capital D.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain point of origin, and only very rarely work in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Please include important information such as operating airline, fare classes, city pairs, etc. in the body of your post rather than the post title field as it is not visible to those reading FT on mobile devices. This is not the "trick it" thread. Please do not speak in code.
  • Please do not post large images. Not everyone has infinite resolution, and it makes the rest of the thread very difficult to read. If it's not important enough to type in, it's not important enough to be here.
  • Last but not least: don't call the airline!

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where fares on EI (Aer Lingus) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Aer Lingus does not offer first class. If you see this fare, please ignore it and do not post it here as it is completely unbookable in every sense of the term. The mods are summarily deleting these posts in order to unclutter the thread.

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where Z fares on EY (Etihad) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Z fares are discount business on EY. These fares will not receive chaffeur service. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1622229-removal-chauffeur-service-some-business-class-passengers.html

List of known, active deals:

JNB-DXB-SFO in EK F, $4k-ish one-way
MLE-HKG-US (various) in C, $1400 +/- available only on CX's website.
CMB-MIA, other US cities, for about $4400 in F, round-trip/return

BA AARP $400 discount for J/F bookings is now valid again for booking until 31 Oct 2014 but departure to EOS seems to get the discount. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1435816-ba-fare-discounts-aarp-4.html
Print Wikipost

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Old Sep 30, 2014, 10:54 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I added the BA AARP discount to the wiki because people seem to ask about it every week...
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
deleted..still there
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by stephem
I added the BA AARP discount to the wiki because people seem to ask about it every week...
I was just going to do the research myself. Thank you.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by frankmu
I'm seeing PDX-MXP/MAD through August 2015, on BA and AA for ~$2000

Also seeing Bilbao and Bologna back again for about the same price. Couldn't see on Google Flights or Orbitz, but showed up on ITA and appeared bookable directly on carrier website.

--mcz
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: Emirates
ST to MAD/OW to Italy

~ $1,600 w/AARP
Old Sep 30, 2014, 2:12 pm

Just booked PHL-JFK-LHR-JFK-PHL on delta.com in business .. NO advance purchase and NO minimum stay $2200 a.i.. Both transatlantic flights on on VIRGIN ATLANTIC.. and lots of time to enjoy, the JFK CLUBHOUSE which IMHO is one of the best lounges at JFK.. this fare is quite good especially for those of us who need VS tier points to reach GOLD....
Old Sep 30, 2014, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by EKinBigD
ST to MAD/OW to Italy

~ $1,600 w/AARP
ST ?
Old Sep 30, 2014, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by su9062
ST ?
SkyTeam...

Looks like from JFK.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 4:06 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
ST to MAD/OW to Italy

~ $1,600 w/AARP
The Skyteam fares (at least from the west coast, e.g., SEA-MAD) are running $1900. I dont know of a way to get an AARP discount on these.

For OneWorld, I'm seeing (again ex-SEA) roughly $2100-2200, so that is $1700-1800 w AARP discount if you book on BA. You can get down to around $1600 if you use the Chase BA card too for 10% discount. I'm not seeing any OW fare that gets you to $1600 w just the AARP discount.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by stephem
The Skyteam fares (at least from the west coast, e.g., SEA-MAD) are running $1900. I dont know of a way to get an AARP discount on these.

For OneWorld, I'm seeing (again ex-SEA) roughly $2100-2200, so that is $1700-1800 w AARP discount if you book on BA. You can get down to around $1600 if you use the Chase BA card too for 10% discount. I'm not seeing any OW fare that gets you to $1600 w just the AARP discount.
Try portland! i remember seeing $2000 without AARP
Old Sep 30, 2014, 4:20 pm

Not sure if this was posted before, but I came across *A fares July/Aug 15 CPH - DTW $1618 ai. Also had a quick look at NYC and found $1515 ai.

Ops by AC/LH/UA, books into P class on UA. Ticketable on UA/LH.

Unusual to find awesome fares to DTW it seems.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Armodeen
Not sure if this was posted before, but I came across *A fares July/Aug 15 CPH - DTW $1618 ai. Also had a quick look at NYC and found $1515 ai.

Ops by AC/LH/UA, books into P class on UA. Ticketable on UA/LH.

Unusual to find awesome fares to DTW it seems.
post 2713
Old Sep 30, 2014, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
post 2713
Many thanks
Old Sep 30, 2014, 5:22 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Dublin- Boston - JFK- Dublin

BA - VS- DL - VS - BA

January dates found on Google
Old Sep 30, 2014, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold
ST to MAD/OW to Italy

~ $1,600 w/AARP
I'm looking in May and the available destinations for both Spain and Italy are much more scattered than a couple weeks ago.

In Spain, MAD is good BCN is not (>$2800). In Italy, BLQ, BIO and MXP are good while FCO ($2800+) and FLR (don't even ask) are not.

The newly filed fares have made it over to Google Flights since this afternoon affording this chance to compare.

--mcz

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.