Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skunker
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!
  • Double-check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTAs confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as much detail as possible about the First/Business fare, including: fare class, fare basis, one-way/round-trip, sales channel, sample dates and total price (including taxes).
  • When posting fare rules, please enclose them in a [COĐE][/COĐE] block. Note the use of the eth (Đ) instead of a capital D here to prevent the forum software from trying to insert an actual block. Be sure you use the capital D.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain point of origin, and only very rarely work in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Please include important information such as operating airline, fare classes, city pairs, etc. in the body of your post rather than the post title field as it is not visible to those reading FT on mobile devices. This is not the "trick it" thread. Please do not speak in code.
  • Please do not post large images. Not everyone has infinite resolution, and it makes the rest of the thread very difficult to read. If it's not important enough to type in, it's not important enough to be here.
  • Last but not least: don't call the airline!

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where fares on EI (Aer Lingus) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Aer Lingus does not offer first class. If you see this fare, please ignore it and do not post it here as it is completely unbookable in every sense of the term. The mods are summarily deleting these posts in order to unclutter the thread.

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where Z fares on EY (Etihad) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Z fares are discount business on EY. These fares will not receive chaffeur service. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1622229-removal-chauffeur-service-some-business-class-passengers.html

List of known, active deals:

JNB-DXB-SFO in EK F, $4k-ish one-way
MLE-HKG-US (various) in C, $1400 +/- available only on CX's website.
CMB-MIA, other US cities, for about $4400 in F, round-trip/return

BA AARP $400 discount for J/F bookings is now valid again for booking until 31 Oct 2014 but departure to EOS seems to get the discount. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1435816-ba-fare-discounts-aarp-4.html
Print Wikipost

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2014, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Originally Posted by Catusa
You need to leave a whole day to do the connection from the domestic terminal in Manila to the international. Nightmare. And, its the same airport just different terminals. There is no free, inter-terminal transport. Technically there is but you might wait four hours or so for it and they will laugh at you when you ask when it is expected. You will end up paying an exorbitant amt in local terms for a ripoff taxi to drive in bumper to bumper traffic to the other terminal. It was only a couple of miles but it took way more than an hour. We had a 4 hr layover and barely made it. No interlining of bags. Lines for passport control and departure tax payment can get long. I will never do it again.
I know that the transfer is horrid, the plan is to make the transfer on 21 March so then diving can be had for 21-29.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 6:20 pm

Programs: AF Plat a vie, EK Gold, SQ PPS
Originally Posted by fgirard
I know that the transfer is horrid, the plan is to make the transfer on 21 March so then diving can be had for 21-29.
Have a great diving trip, we really enjoyed ours until the transfer. And I added to my orig post that you should only take PR because the other two have lots of delays.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Have a great diving trip, we really enjoyed ours until the transfer. And I added to my orig post that you should only take PR because the other two have lots of delays.
Thanks for jogging my memory of last year's CEB-MNL which was delayed by 90 minutes for no apparent reason, even though there were no mechanics on board, the weather was clear and the plane was sitting in front of us.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 7:06 pm
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by penbrook
If you missed the above, YYZ CPT/JNB on BA in Club World with lie flats for C$3156 widely available including Xmas.
my experience is AC "P" maps into SAA C/D - which equals 125% qmiles , not 150% q miles
Old Jul 15, 2014, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by dfwgolfer1
Yes, it was UA in F. Appears to still be valid for late December, early Jan. Appears to be valid from many Europe cities
Sample: Dec 24-Jan 1
IAD-EWR-LHR-EWR-IAD $3873

Dec 27-Jan 4
IAD-EWR-BRU-EWR-IAD $3528

Appears that you can get it for lower, but I didn't mess around with it too much..
Thanks! $3.2k from EWR

Last edited by cfischer; Jul 15, 2014 at 7:30 pm
Old Jul 15, 2014, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by MightyTravels
$1,869 - Business Class

Departure from: Tokyo (NRT)

Destination: Amsterdam (AMS)
You can also skip the KIX transit, albeit for Ą208,900 instead, on Malaysia Airlines; would be ~10.6c / mile flown. With Enrich's accrual multiplier of 150%, that would be 29k miles & 7.1cpm earned (plus any tier bonus).

Not available every day, though, just on itinerary's where you fly MH71/70 btwn NRT-KUL.

Travel period: 3 Jul - 30 Nov. Booking period: 18 Jul, though may extend.

Last edited by crackjack; Jul 16, 2014 at 12:58 am Reason: Enrich mileage earning clarified.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 9:59 am

OP is taking NH and it will be departing from T3 and not T1. Assuming OP finds a domestic flight that lands in T3 (5J and most PAL express flights) he can avoid the transfer ordeal.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 10:29 am
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Canadian Cities-->South Africa

Found fares on DL, KL, AF (Business) and BA (Club World) between Canada and South Africa - seems bookable through end of schedule. Cheapest combinations appear to be on KL/DL from YYC at $2400USD roundtrip (YYC-AMS-JNB). Also bookable on BA from YYC and YYZ to either JNB or CPT for between $2900-3100USD roundtrip.

*Many* creative routing options available like YYC-DFW-LHR-CPT on BA/AA, YYC-AMS-CDG-JNB, etc. Truth be told the most efficient routings are YYC-AMS-JNB on KL - 2 hour stop in either direction in AMS.

Of particular interest, BA is also transitioning its 747 service between LHR and CPT to eliminate F. Operated by old F 747s, but book a Club World and you can be seated there (I believe you have to be AA PLT or Oneworld Ruby for that privilege). Old BA F with Club World service.

Use any fare calendar (ITA Matrix works best, Orbitz too) to see best flight combinations. DL/KL/AF fares appear to allow stopovers in AMS/CDG. We're heading to Africa next year and had originally booked a hideous routing. For $2400 plus positioning flights to YYC, in our case, makes total sense.

For our dates KLM is using Airbus A330 equipment on YYC-AMS which is the old World Business Class. Routing options exist to get you on better equipment if you have the time and interest. Saw options YYC-MSP-AMS-JNB, etc.

Roundtrip only.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 11:43 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Yeah, those have been posted here (and they even have a dedicated thread) for about 3 weeks already....
Old Jul 16, 2014, 4:12 pm
Used to be highman123

from Hyderabad to Seoul $1,220

$1,220 - Business Class

Departure from: Hyderabad (HYD)

Destination: Seoul (ICN)

Stops: Kuala Lumpur

Airline(s): Malaysia Airlines

Sample dates: Oct 6 – Oct 11

Total miles flown: 9,456 miles

Fare class: Z

Cost per mile flown (the lower the better): 12
Old Jul 16, 2014, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RZR
my experience is AC "P" maps into SAA C/D - which equals 125% qmiles , not 150% q miles
generally maps into D in my experience. Will probably change at some time in the near future since this doesn't make a lot of sense IMO.

Too bad the YYZ-JNB fares are not matched by *A anymore
Old Jul 16, 2014, 5:36 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cfischer
generally maps into D in my experience. Will probably change at some time in the near future since this doesn't make a lot of sense IMO.

Too bad the YYZ-JNB fares are not matched by *A anymore
The fares seem to come and go - I had not seen them for a couple of weeks after they were last discussed. I just saw them reappear in my searches although detailed fare notes appear to indicate they were filed on June 30. Perhaps *A will match at some point.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 5:37 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by dll
Found fares on DL, KL, AF (Business) and BA (Club World) between Canada and South Africa - seems bookable through end of schedule. Cheapest combinations appear to be on KL/DL from YYC at $2400USD roundtrip (YYC-AMS-JNB). Also bookable on BA from YYC and YYZ to either JNB or CPT for between $2900-3100USD roundtrip.

*Many* creative routing options available like YYC-DFW-LHR-CPT on BA/AA, YYC-AMS-CDG-JNB, etc. Truth be told the most efficient routings are YYC-AMS-JNB on KL - 2 hour stop in either direction in AMS.

Of particular interest, BA is also transitioning its 747 service between LHR and CPT to eliminate F. Operated by old F 747s, but book a Club World and you can be seated there (I believe you have to be AA PLT or Oneworld Ruby for that privilege). Old BA F with Club World service.

Use any fare calendar (ITA Matrix works best, Orbitz too) to see best flight combinations. DL/KL/AF fares appear to allow stopovers in AMS/CDG. We're heading to Africa next year and had originally booked a hideous routing. For $2400 plus positioning flights to YYC, in our case, makes total sense.

For our dates KLM is using Airbus A330 equipment on YYC-AMS which is the old World Business Class. Routing options exist to get you on better equipment if you have the time and interest. Saw options YYC-MSP-AMS-JNB, etc.

Roundtrip only.
Where are you seeing routing through MSP at the 2400 point? Only way I can seem to route it through MSP jumps the fare to 3500+
Old Jul 16, 2014, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dll
The fares seem to come and go - I had not seen them for a couple of weeks after they were last discussed. I just saw them reappear in my searches although detailed fare notes appear to indicate they were filed on June 30. Perhaps *A will match at some point.
they were never gone on ST ... just *A stopped matching them. Too bad, maybe they'll come back. Last time ST had them for a while till *A started matching them as well

Last edited by cfischer; Jul 16, 2014 at 5:51 pm
Old Jul 16, 2014, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Was anybody able to book the Worldcup specials offered by LH and LX?
Euro 2014 (~US$ 2650) business class Germany-U.S. & Brazil. Supposedly good thru today 16 July.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.