Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

    Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 23, 14, 3:07 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: skunker
Wiki Link
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!
  • Double-check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTAs confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as much detail as possible about the First/Business fare, including: fare class, fare basis, one-way/round-trip, sales channel, sample dates and total price (including taxes).
  • When posting fare rules, please enclose them in a [COÐE][/COÐE] block. Note the use of the eth (Ð) instead of a capital D here to prevent the forum software from trying to insert an actual block. Be sure you use the capital D.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain point of origin, and only very rarely work in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Please include important information such as operating airline, fare classes, city pairs, etc. in the body of your post rather than the post title field as it is not visible to those reading FT on mobile devices. This is not the "trick it" thread. Please do not speak in code.
  • Please do not post large images. Not everyone has infinite resolution, and it makes the rest of the thread very difficult to read. If it's not important enough to type in, it's not important enough to be here.
  • Last but not least: don't call the airline!

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where fares on EI (Aer Lingus) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Aer Lingus does not offer first class. If you see this fare, please ignore it and do not post it here as it is completely unbookable in every sense of the term. The mods are summarily deleting these posts in order to unclutter the thread.

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where Z fares on EY (Etihad) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Z fares are discount business on EY. These fares will not receive chaffeur service. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etiha...assengers.html

List of known, active deals:

JNB-DXB-SFO in EK F, $4k-ish one-way
MLE-HKG-US (various) in C, $1400 +/- available only on CX's website.
CMB-MIA, other US cities, for about $4400 in F, round-trip/return

BA AARP $400 discount for J/F bookings is now valid again for booking until 31 Oct 2014 but departure to EOS seems to get the discount. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ts-aarp-4.html
Print Wikipost

Closed Thread

Old May 9, 14, 5:27 pm
  #1561  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Strasbourg / Bordeaux, FR
Programs: LH M/M - FB Plat
Posts: 42
Vietnam Airlines, First and Business, FRA-SGN-HKG, 1600€ Return flight !!

Frankfurt (FRA) to Hong Kong (HKG) - sat, august 9
Vietnam Airlines Corporation Frankfurt (FRA) to Ho Chi Minh City (SGN) - sat, august 9
Vietnam Airlines Corporation 30 Dep: 2:35PM Arr: 7:00AM 11h 25m Boeing 777 First (A)
Layover in SGN sun., august 10 3h 40m

Vietnam Airlines Corporation Ho Chi Minh City (SGN) to Hong Kong (HKG) - sun., august 10
Vietnam Airlines Corporation 594 Dep: 10:40AM Arr: 2:20PM 2h 40m Airbus A321 Business (D)


Hong Kong (HKG) to Frankfurt (FRA) - sat., august 16
Vietnam Airlines Corporation Hong Kong (HKG) to Hanoi (HAN) - sat., august 16
Vietnam Airlines Corporation 593 Dep: 2:30PM Arr: 3:30PM 2h 0m Airbus A321 Business (D)
Layover in HAN 8h 0m

Vietnam Airlines Corporation Hanoi (HAN) to Frankfurt (FRA) - sat., august 16
Vietnam Airlines Corporation 37 Dep: 11:30PM Arr: 6:00AM 11h 30m Boeing 777 First (A)
dim., août 17
Cost per passenger (including taxes & fees) 1 563,27 €
Total cost for 1 passenger 1 563,27 €

How to buy this ticket
Tickets cannot be purchased directly from ITA Software.
Provide this information to a travel agent to help them match the fares found.
Make sure to provide the exact booking and fare codes shown.
Fare 1: Carrier VN AHPXEU FRA to SGN (rules)
Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code A
Covers FRA-SGN (First)
315,50 €
Fare 2: Carrier VN D1YVN SGN to HKG (rules)
Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code D
Covers SGN-HKG (Business)
271,68 €
Fare 3: Carrier VN D1YVN HKG to HAN (rules)
Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code D
Covers HKG-HAN (Business)
274,76 €
Fare 4: Carrier VN AHPXEU HAN to FRA (rules)
Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code A
Covers HAN-FRA (First)
352,50 €
(YQ) 255,88 €
German Airport Security Tax (DE) 6,57 €
German Passenger Service Charge (RA) 32,53 €
German Air Transport Tax (OY) 42,18 €
Hong Kong Departure Tax (HK) 11,11 €

Subtotal per passenger 1 563,27 €
Number of passengers x1

TOTAL AIRFARE & TAXES 1 563,27 €
This ticket is non-refundable.
Changes to this ticket will incur a penalty fee.
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents)
FRA VN X/SGN 435.47AHPXEU VN HKG 375.00D1YVN VN X/HAN Q4.25 375.00D1YVN VN FRA 486.55AHPXEU NUC 1676.27 END ROE 0.724488 XT 6.57DE 42.18OY 32.53RA 11.11HK 255.88YQ
jules67500 is offline  
Old May 9, 14, 5:41 pm
  #1562  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: VIE, BUD, PRG
Programs: LH SEN, DL Plat
Posts: 332
Originally Posted by jules67500 View Post
Vietnam Airlines, First and Business, FRA-SGN-HKG, 1600€ Return flight !!

Frankfurt (FRA) to Hong Kong (HKG) - sat, august 9
Vietnam Airlines Corporation Frankfurt (FRA) to Ho Chi Minh City (SGN) - sat, august 9
Vietnam Airlines Corporation 30 Dep: 2:35PM Arr: 7:00AM 11h 25m Boeing 777 First (A)
Layover in SGN sun., august 10 3h 40m

Vietnam Airlines Corporation Ho Chi Minh City (SGN) to Hong Kong (HKG) - sun., august 10
Vietnam Airlines Corporation 594 Dep: 10:40AM Arr: 2:20PM 2h 40m Airbus A321 Business (D)


Hong Kong (HKG) to Frankfurt (FRA) - sat., august 16
Vietnam Airlines Corporation Hong Kong (HKG) to Hanoi (HAN) - sat., august 16
Vietnam Airlines Corporation 593 Dep: 2:30PM Arr: 3:30PM 2h 0m Airbus A321 Business (D)
Layover in HAN 8h 0m

Vietnam Airlines Corporation Hanoi (HAN) to Frankfurt (FRA) - sat., august 16
Vietnam Airlines Corporation 37 Dep: 11:30PM Arr: 6:00AM 11h 30m Boeing 777 First (A)
dim., août 17
Cost per passenger (including taxes & fees) 1 563,27 €
Total cost for 1 passenger 1 563,27 €

How to buy this ticket
Tickets cannot be purchased directly from ITA Software.
Provide this information to a travel agent to help them match the fares found.
Make sure to provide the exact booking and fare codes shown.
Fare 1: Carrier VN AHPXEU FRA to SGN (rules)
Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code A
Covers FRA-SGN (First)
315,50 €
Fare 2: Carrier VN D1YVN SGN to HKG (rules)
Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code D
Covers SGN-HKG (Business)
271,68 €
Fare 3: Carrier VN D1YVN HKG to HAN (rules)
Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code D
Covers HKG-HAN (Business)
274,76 €
Fare 4: Carrier VN AHPXEU HAN to FRA (rules)
Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code A
Covers HAN-FRA (First)
352,50 €
(YQ) 255,88 €
German Airport Security Tax (DE) 6,57 €
German Passenger Service Charge (RA) 32,53 €
German Air Transport Tax (OY) 42,18 €
Hong Kong Departure Tax (HK) 11,11 €

Subtotal per passenger 1 563,27 €
Number of passengers x1

TOTAL AIRFARE & TAXES 1 563,27 €
This ticket is non-refundable.
Changes to this ticket will incur a penalty fee.
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents)
FRA VN X/SGN 435.47AHPXEU VN HKG 375.00D1YVN VN X/HAN Q4.25 375.00D1YVN VN FRA 486.55AHPXEU NUC 1676.27 END ROE 0.724488 XT 6.57DE 42.18OY 32.53RA 11.11HK 255.88YQ
not bad, however VN offers only business class. No first.
ben63 is offline  
Old May 10, 14, 10:27 pm
  #1563  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Programs: AegeanGold, *AGold, 1WorldSapphire, AAPlat, HHDiamond, HyattPlat, SPGGold
Posts: 75
Qatar YUL-DXB in I $2770 AI Aug 29-Sep 5

On ITA- bookable on qatar.com the last time I checked (today)


Montreal (YUL) to Dubai (DXB) - Fri, Aug 29
Qatar Airways(Q.C.S.C) Montreal (YUL) to Doha (DOH) - Fri, Aug 29
Qatar Airways(Q.C.S.C) 764 Dep: 10:45PM Arr: 5:45PM 12h 0m Boeing 777 Business (I)
Layover in DOH Sat, Aug 30 1h 15m

Qatar Airways(Q.C.S.C) Doha (DOH) to Dubai (DXB) - Sat, Aug 30
Qatar Airways(Q.C.S.C) 1018 Dep: 7:00PM Arr: 9:10PM 1h 10m Airbus A320 First (A)


Dubai (DXB) to Montreal (YUL) - Fri, Sep 5
Qatar Airways(Q.C.S.C) Dubai (DXB) to Doha (DOH) - Fri, Sep 5
Qatar Airways(Q.C.S.C) 1021 Dep: 6:30AM Arr: 6:35AM 1h 5m Airbus A320 First (A)
Layover in DOH 1h 50m

Qatar Airways(Q.C.S.C) Doha (DOH) to Montreal (YUL) - Fri, Sep 5
Qatar Airways(Q.C.S.C) 763 Dep: 8:25AM Arr: 2:30PM 13h 5m Boeing 777 Business (I)

Cost per passenger (including taxes & fees) $2,770.80
Total cost for 1 passenger $2,770.80
darmajaya is offline  
Old May 11, 14, 11:36 am
  #1564  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Programs: statusless these days
Posts: 19,177
Originally Posted by alpenrock View Post
Welcome to Air France

You have been redirected by our partner Kayak.
open detail Hide your trip details
Your departure flight : Toronto - Bangkok

[snip]

Total price, excluding options : 3 647,12 CAD
Looks like it's running C$4k to BKK or KUL....
YVR Cockroach is offline  
Old May 11, 14, 12:25 pm
  #1565  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: LJU, MBX
Programs: SPG Plat 100, A3*G
Posts: 678
Found these fares in First (on ITA)... maybe useful to someone.

BA:
PRG-YYZ; 3.385€
VCE-YYZ; 3.049€
VCE-YVR; 3.374€

(probably different combos also available)

Last edited by zagy; May 11, 14 at 2:29 pm Reason: typo
zagy is offline  
Old May 11, 14, 1:23 pm
  #1566  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brussels BE
Programs: SEN, FB PLT, HH,
Posts: 105
Originally Posted by zagy View Post
Found this fares in First (on ITA)... maybe useful to someone.

BA:
PRG-YYZ; 3.385€
VCE-YYZ; 3.049€
VCE-YVR; 3.374€

(probably different combos also available)
Thank you, very useful.
Simon1 is offline  
Old May 11, 14, 2:45 pm
  #1567  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: LJU, MBX
Programs: SPG Plat 100, A3*G
Posts: 678
And maybe these as well

EK First:

PRG-DXB-ICN/TYO: 3732€
(perhaps other Asian destinations as well)

But it seems to work (on ITA at least) only for 2 people. If you select 1 person, you get about 5700€
zagy is offline  
Old May 12, 14, 1:09 am
  #1568  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: PERMANENTLY TERMINATED ACCOUNT
Posts: 13,905
Originally Posted by jeautk01 View Post
Maybe the spring sales are starting?


Delta Air Lines Inc. DL ZHP83US NYC to ZRH
General notes
HIGH SEASON BUSINESS CLASS EXCURSION Z
NONREF FARES
APPLIES FOR ROUND TRIP FARES
Seasonal restrictions
OUTBOUND -
PERMITTED 27JUN 14 THROUGH 30AUG 14 FOR EACH
TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.
INBOUND -
PERMITTED 29JUN 14 THROUGH 04SEP 14 FOR EACH
TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.

RESERVATIONS FOR ALL SECTORS ARE REQUIRED AT LEAST 60 DAYS
BEFORE DEPARTURE.
TICKETING MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 72 HOURS AFTER
RESERVATIONS ARE MADE OR AT LEAST 60 DAYS BEFORE DEPARTURE
WHICHEVER IS EARLIER.
Forgot to ask, but did these fares allow a stopover or open jaw?
Dieuwer is offline  
Old May 12, 14, 1:41 am
  #1569  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,976
Originally Posted by zagy View Post
and maybe these as well

ek first:

Prg-dxb-icn/tyo: 3732€
(perhaps other asian destinations as well)

but it seems to work (on ita at least) only for 2 people. If you select 1 person, you get about 5700€
FIRST CLASS PROMOTIONAL FARES
FOR ROUND TRIP FARES
FOR ADULT WITH COMPANION A
FOR COMPANION A

TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 14MAY 14.
mlqsko is offline  
Old May 12, 14, 5:56 am
  #1570  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: LJU, MBX
Programs: SPG Plat 100, A3*G
Posts: 678
QR has a 2-1 sale again.

Saw ex-DE, ex-AT, ex-BRU. Some fares are equal, some are cheaper from different countries.

From Germany:
Code:
Bangkok 1525 € 
Jakarta 1569 € 
Hongkong 1629 € 
Hanoi 1580 € 
Ho Chi Minh City 1585 € 
Doha 2039 € 
Dubai 1350 € 
Muscat 1345 € 
Phuket 1585 € 
Kuala Lumpur 1585 € 
Singapur 1689 € 
Clark 1669 € 
Bali 2019 € 
Shanghai 1629 € 
Peking 1629 € 
Malediven 1485 € 
Colombo 1489 € 
Perth 2315 € 
Phnom Penh 1639 € 
Tokyo 1689 €
TYO and HKG seem to be the best deals from BRU.
zagy is offline  
Old May 12, 14, 6:43 am
  #1571  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Posts: 31,038
Originally Posted by zagy View Post
QR has a 2-1 sale again.

Saw ex-DE, ex-AT, ex-BRU. Some fares are equal, some are cheaper from different countries.
Ex-CDG too. I just got the email.
stimpy is offline  
Old May 12, 14, 7:19 am
  #1572  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: SEA
Programs: AF Plat a vie, EK Gold, SQ PPS
Posts: 754
Ex-TUN with QR is -35% for those travelling alone.
Catusa is offline  
Old May 12, 14, 8:50 am
  #1573  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: London
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Accor Sil, Black Cineworld Unlimited, Tastecard
Posts: 7,360
Originally Posted by zagy View Post
QR has a 2-1 sale again.

Saw ex-DE, ex-AT, ex-BRU. Some fares are equal, some are cheaper from different countries.

From Germany:
Code:
Bangkok 1525 € 
Jakarta 1569 € 
Hongkong 1629 € 
Hanoi 1580 € 
Ho Chi Minh City 1585 € 
Doha 2039 € 
Dubai 1350 € 
Muscat 1345 € 
Phuket 1585 € 
Kuala Lumpur 1585 € 
Singapur 1689 € 
Clark 1669 € 
Bali 2019 € 
Shanghai 1629 € 
Peking 1629 € 
Malediven 1485 € 
Colombo 1489 € 
Perth 2315 € 
Phnom Penh 1639 € 
Tokyo 1689 €
TYO and HKG seem to be the best deals from BRU.
what are the travel dates for the 2-4-1 offer?
chris1979 is offline  
Old May 12, 14, 9:12 am
  #1574  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Programs: Marriott/SPG,Hilton HHonors, QFF
Posts: 17
what are the travel dates for the 2-4-1 offer?
Book by the 16th of May
Travel Period Jun - Aug
expat101 is offline  
Old May 12, 14, 9:17 am
  #1575  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Posts: 31,038
KLM Special Business Class offer

Ex-AMS

New York €1699
Curacao €1797
Capetown €2298
Mexico City €1799

etc. 60 destinations

Book: u/i 30 May 2014. Travel: u/i 30 September 2014. Minimum stay: a Saturday night. Plus €10 booking fee.

http://www.klm.com/travel/nl_en/plan...fers/index.htm
stimpy is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: