Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skunker
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!
  • Double-check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTAs confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as much detail as possible about the First/Business fare, including: fare class, fare basis, one-way/round-trip, sales channel, sample dates and total price (including taxes).
  • When posting fare rules, please enclose them in a [COÐE][/COÐE] block. Note the use of the eth (Ð) instead of a capital D here to prevent the forum software from trying to insert an actual block. Be sure you use the capital D.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain point of origin, and only very rarely work in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Please include important information such as operating airline, fare classes, city pairs, etc. in the body of your post rather than the post title field as it is not visible to those reading FT on mobile devices. This is not the "trick it" thread. Please do not speak in code.
  • Please do not post large images. Not everyone has infinite resolution, and it makes the rest of the thread very difficult to read. If it's not important enough to type in, it's not important enough to be here.
  • Last but not least: don't call the airline!

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where fares on EI (Aer Lingus) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Aer Lingus does not offer first class. If you see this fare, please ignore it and do not post it here as it is completely unbookable in every sense of the term. The mods are summarily deleting these posts in order to unclutter the thread.

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where Z fares on EY (Etihad) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Z fares are discount business on EY. These fares will not receive chaffeur service. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1622229-removal-chauffeur-service-some-business-class-passengers.html

List of known, active deals:

JNB-DXB-SFO in EK F, $4k-ish one-way
MLE-HKG-US (various) in C, $1400 +/- available only on CX's website.
CMB-MIA, other US cities, for about $4400 in F, round-trip/return

BA AARP $400 discount for J/F bookings is now valid again for booking until 31 Oct 2014 but departure to EOS seems to get the discount. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1435816-ba-fare-discounts-aarp-4.html
Print Wikipost

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2014, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by why fly
nothing on SeatGURU that i can find?
Not sure if you need to - as explained it is a 2/2/2 configuration with AF seat (in different livery likely). As far as AR goes it is a very good product.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 6:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, spg gold, hhdiamond
According to this article:
http://www.nycaviation.com/2013/12/a.../#.U2GRFF6TQ7Y

It is a lie flat seat. The only other non stop jfk to EZE is AA and they use the old NGBC which is not lie flat. They do not have the new business seats on this route. I dont see how the Aerolineas seat can be any worse than the AA business seat. It probably is much better. As to service, having been on the AA route many times I can not see how any service can be worse.

AA recently had approx the same price for business but that no longer is available.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 8:07 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Thanks for that.

And yes, the 4:45AM arrival in BsAs is rather early. I would assume AR couldn't get one of the more prime evening slots at JFK, and didn't want to fly out very late at night.
My take on this is that the early arrival in EZE is for onward connections since EZE is AR's hub, ex., JFK>EZE>POA.

North American carriers server EZE as primarily an O/D point so are mostly concerned with getting people to BsAs for the start of the business day.
Old May 1, 2014, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
More from TK, this time out of BHX (Birmingham, UK).

(It's an hour on the train from London.)

SIN, KUL & HKG are all showing £1000 plus TFC's of around the £400 mark.

BKK is slightly cheaper, so comes in at £1399 all inclusive.

I didn't check anywhere else.

It's valid through to next April but there are some long blackout dates - mainly over the UK school holidays.
Old May 1, 2014, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
More from TK, this time out of BHX (Birmingham, UK).

(It's an hour on the train from London.)

SIN, KUL & HKG are all showing £1000 plus TFC's of around the £400 mark.

BKK is slightly cheaper, so comes in at £1399 all inclusive.

I didn't check anywhere else.

It's valid through to next April but there are some long blackout dates - mainly over the UK school holidays.
What fare class are you talking about? I'm beating that it does not product any miles on other *A airlines.
Old May 1, 2014, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by jules67500
Hey,

TK makes some good offers from Cairo

NRT : 1326€ RT
BKK : 987€ RT !!!!!
ICN : 1458€ RT
PEK : 1135€ RT !!

For flights to CAI, AZ is the cheapest, 255€ RT in Y.
KUL is even cheaper.

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
What fare class are you talking about? I'm beating that it does not product any miles on other *A airlines.
The otheres I checked were J class, so I reckon this too. 100% PQM on UA, just like any other class. RDM is 100 vs 125% regular business.
Old May 1, 2014, 3:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 *G, EY Gold, AZ CFP (ST E+). Hilton Gold
Hey,

CAI-PEK is actually €1006 a.i.
Old May 1, 2014, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK

Kinda depends where from ..
Old May 1, 2014, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by 18sas
My take on this is that the early arrival in EZE is for onward connections since EZE is AR's hub, ex., JFK>EZE>POA.

North American carriers server EZE as primarily an O/D point so are mostly concerned with getting people to BsAs for the start of the business day.
Would it not be easier to arrive in Brazil as a domestic PAX in your example?
(DL/AA-JJ have interline agreements.)
Old May 1, 2014, 6:34 am

Programs: LH M/M - FB Plat
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Kinda depends where from ..
From FRA and ZRH, I don't know for LHR !
Old May 1, 2014, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by irish mark
Turkish Airlines

Business Class ex Dublin

Bangkok :€1579
Muscat :€1379
Singapore :€1479
Hong Kong :€1679
Mumbai :€1479
Delhi :€1579
Shanghai :€1679
Beijing :€1779
Kuala Lumpur :€1975
Tokyo :€1879
Seoul :€1679
Amman :€885
Tel Aviv:€985
Moscow :€1015

selected departures: from 09/05/2014 to 31/03/2015

Sales Until: 25/05/2014 available ex trailfinders

Which trailfinders? The com, co.uk and.ie versions don't let me choose Europe. Very interested in those offers as eco+ usually gos for close to that.
Old May 1, 2014, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by Doitsu
Which trailfinders? The com, co.uk and.ie versions don't let me choose Europe. Very interested in those offers as eco+ usually gos for close to that.
Why not try the TK website?
Old May 2, 2014, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Doitsu
Why "choose Europe" when only one of the destinations on offer is in Europe?

Anyway, it's on the Irish website - the first offer on the "Latest Offers" page no less. But Trailfinders doesn't allow you to book online, so you will have to call or visit them anyway.
Old May 2, 2014, 5:36 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Would it not be easier to arrive in Brazil as a domestic PAX in your example?
(DL/AA-JJ have interline agreements.)
Not really sure how that's relevant to the point I was making, but would JFK>EZE>MVD be a better example?
Old May 2, 2014, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
AR (Aerolineas Argentinas): JFK-EZE nonstop business class $1683 AI RT. Books into I, which credits 125% of base miles flown as RDMs and 75% of base miles flown for MQMs to DL. No minimum stay, 4 seats available both directions on most flights, and as of right now open for every date I've seen between now and at least January 2015. And I mean EVERY date, including Christmas and New Year's Day.
Just wanted to note this is still available, information unchanged. Also, lots of other flights can be added on in economy for cheap enough, such as to MVD or SCL or further into Argentina.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.