Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Adult Toys Prohibited??

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2009, 9:30 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
Originally Posted by Trollkiller
At first I was like all of you and confused why the TSA may confiscate a sex toy, then it dawned on me.

A long time ago I worked in a store that sold adult novelties along with other items. While placing an order I asked the sales rep if anyone buys the 8lb novelty with a billy club grip. His reply was yes but he said that the majority of sales were in states where carrying a billy club would be considered a weapon but carrying this thing would not be considered a weapon.

A while later I read a story about a woman that had successfully foiled a carjacking by beating the assailant with one of these "billy clubs". If I recall correctly she did a bit of damage to the bad guy, including a broken jaw, concussion and bruises.

My guess it the toy that the TSA confiscated was not your everyday run of the mill marital aids.

But then again, snow globes and Pirates of the Caribbean swords are the tools of terrywrists.
I won't mention toy names but if you are going to use a lot of "marital aids" as weapons on board an airplane, you are more than likely to be met with hilarious, uncontrollable laughter.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 10:57 am

Programs: Delta PM, IC Ambassador, Marriott Gold
There's two ways to look at this.

1) Maybe it was more than 3 ounces of some sort of gel or lubricant.

2) Maybe it was an aid that contained more than 3 ounces of bodily liquid in which case they really need to be washed.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 11:25 am

Programs: UA lifetime gold, 1.8MM; Marriott lifetime Titanium
A fleshlight is always extremely funny to take through, especially if it elicits a secondary. I usually burst out laughing.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 11:37 am

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
Originally Posted by whirledtraveler
http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2009/09/...0601252863918/

Trying to figure out the aviation security risk here.
How do they determine "unwashed"? Do they have a designated "sniffer" TSO? Then comes the issue of unwashed clothes, which could potentially have the same "contaminants". Is the TSA going to ban dirty clothes?
Old Sep 15, 2009, 11:41 am

They're illegal to purchase here, not illegal to own.

And no, my confusion was trying to wrack my brain and figure out ANY kind of justification that might be good for determining that a sex toy couldn't go through the checkpoint. Like, any at all.

Mostly, it was shocked that they'd even stop one. But I guess, given TK's comment, I SUPPOSE I can see some very small justification.

After all, there's a cheat code in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas that turns everyone into the city into a prostitute that's hostile to you, and is armed with various and sundry types of adult toys, with which they promptly run up to you and start beating you down with.

Good times.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 2:13 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
If you can't have gel shoe inserts on the plane then I assume that the TSA "gel" prohibition would include other gel "items" as well.......
Old Sep 17, 2009, 6:54 am

Programs: Demoted to gold, Cats protection
Originally Posted by HSVTSO Dean
They're illegal to purchase here, not illegal to own.
do I have this correct, it is illegal to buy adult toys in the US?
Old Sep 17, 2009, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pinkcat
do I have this correct, it is illegal to buy adult toys in the US?
Some states, counties and communities have laws prohibiting the sale of these items.

Plenty of states, counties and communities have no restrictions barring the sale of these products.

HSVTSO Dean is based in Alabama. That is smack dab in the bible belt of the old south.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Some states, counties and communities have laws prohibiting the sale of these items.

Plenty of states, counties and communities have no restrictions barring the sale of these products.

HSVTSO Dean is based in Alabama. That is smack dab in the bible belt of the old south.
...and, he's either in or very close to a dry county (I forget on which side of the county line the airport resides). The best thing about the dry county near HSV is the Greenbrier BBQ!
Old Sep 17, 2009, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
That’s kind of like the weird liquor law MYR used to have; no full-size bottles of booze allowed in bars, just minis.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by N965VJ
That’s kind of like the weird liquor law MYR used to have; no full-size bottles of booze allowed in bars, just minis.
Years ago in Dallas we had blue laws. No stores except certain exempted ones could be open on Sundays. Even in those stores only some things could be purchased and other items could not be sold that day.

To get a drink one had to belong to a private club. Liquor by the drink was a hot political issue.

Move forward 50 years and in the Dallas area some communities are dry but drive 1 mile in any direction and beer/wine is available at the grocery store.

Certain areas of Dallas are fully wet but go 1 block and it's dry as a bone.

Still have to belong to "Private Clubs" to to get a margarita with my enchilada at some locations. In one community a restaurant must be within so many yards of a particular roadway if they want a liquor license. A few feet to far away and suddenly that margarita is against the law.

At least the blue laws are gone, except for Automotive Dealerships which must be closed one day a week, picking a day of their choice.

We have come so far to have progressed so little.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 8:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by PatMike
If you can't have gel shoe inserts on the plane then I assume that the TSA "gel" prohibition would include other gel "items" as well.......
Two words - Medical exemption.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 8:40 am

At least the blue laws are gone [in Texas], except for Automotive Dealerships which must be closed one day a week, picking a day of their choice.
There are varieties of blue-ness. I note that in Michigan, liquor sales are permitted every day between 7:00am-2:00am, except on Sundays when
liquor sales are only permitted 12:00pm-2:00am. (No getting drunk in church, apparently.)
Old Sep 17, 2009, 9:33 am

Programs: Demoted to gold, Cats protection

ahh I see, I was wondering ,I guess they dont have Ann Summers over there
Old Sep 17, 2009, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pinkcat
ahh I see, I was wondering ,I guess they dont have Ann Summers over there
Perhaps in some places.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.