Community
Wiki Posts
Search

List airports with body imaging scanners

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2009, 11:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by tfar
It was reported that BURLINGTON got rid of the scanner and replaced it with a metal detector. I made the necessary change. Please report back if they put the scanner back in place. Perhaps it was only out for repair.
Not sure if you were referencing me, but BUR is Burbank, not Burlington.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 2:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seanherron
Not sure if you were referencing me, but BUR is Burbank, not Burlington.
Yes, I was referencing you. Thanks for correcting me on that point. No harm done since I only took BUR off the list. Burlington wasn't on there anyway.

Till
Old Dec 24, 2009, 12:26 am

Here's my maiden post.....

LAS has WBI has primary at Terminal 2 (Int'l Terminal). Anyone have more info on MIA?

Thanks
Old Dec 27, 2009, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by accresident
Here's my maiden post.....

LAS has WBI has primary at Terminal 2 (Int'l Terminal). Anyone have more info on MIA?

Thanks
Just curious, why does it matter which airports have this type technology?

The government knows so much about people anyway why would it make a difference how you were checked for contraband?
Old Dec 27, 2009, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by dgcpaphd

The government knows so much about people anyway why would it make a difference how you were checked for contraband?
Do you want nude images of yourself being seen by other people? Do you want nude images of children being seen by undisclosed workers in undisclosed locations? Do you think these undisclosed workers should get to know who is wearing a maxipad, or a colostomy, or a Wonderbra?
Old Dec 27, 2009, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by dgcpaphd

I guess you are go to go with house to house searches. Sorry that may be a bit harsh but that is the reality of your statement.
Old Dec 27, 2009, 2:45 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
A little more info about ABQ. It's in lane 7, on the far right side of the checkpoint when facing it. There's a regular magnetometer lane up against the wall, but I'd avoid the right side of the checkpoint. Use lane 1-6 and you should be fine.
Old Dec 27, 2009, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by BubbaLoop
Terminal 2 in SFO does not have them either.
I checked in SFO for a Delta flight today, Terminal 1 and Gate 42.
No WBI that I noticed.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Update! Thanks to contributing members!

This is more important now than ever.

Airports WITH body scanners:

ABQ (Lane 7, on the far right side of the checkpoint when facing it. Use lane 1-6)
ATL
BWI (A,B,D concourse no way to avoid them but not primary)
CLE (Concourse A no scanners. Concourse B two scanners; TSA tells you where to go or not. Concourse C lanes 6&7 have scanners; can be avoided by choosing other lane.)
DCA (are they still there?)
DEN
DFW (only Terminal D, checkpoints 18&22)
DTW
IAH (Terminal E but you get choice of lanes)
IND (both A and B concourse on checkpoint 3, choice of lanes with no scanner)
JAX (1 scanner, avoid if taking the TSA line to the left, the two lanes on the right funnel to the scanner)
JFK (not on the TSA list but somebody mentioned it)
LAS (That new A/B/C checkpoint upstairs has it. Not primary. The old C checkpoint by the train does not have it.)
LAX (T5 checkpoint - DL/NW concourse+AeroMexico. Use T6 instead and take underground tunnel to T5)
MIA
PHX (only in checkpoint B & D at terminal 4--not primary at the D checkpoint. I don't think I've even seen it to be honest.)
RDU (only in T2 and not as primary)
ROC (apparently not yet in operation but machine is there)
RIC
SFO (In international terminal, primary but optional. None at T1 Gates 20-36, domestic.)
SLC (T2 (DL) but not T1)
TPA (Airside A and Airside E checkpoint - AC/DL/NW/UA)
TUL

Airports WITHOUT Bodyscanners:

AUS
BUF
CLT
ELP
EWR
FLL
GEG
HNL
ICT
JFK in DL terminal 2/3.
LAX (T1 WN/US, T3 AS/VX)
MCI
MCO
MSP
MSY
OAK
OKC
OMA
ONT
ORD (not on the TSA list, T1 definitely clear)
PDX
SJC
SEA
SYR
TUS

Last edited by tfar; Dec 30, 2009 at 1:08 pm Reason: updated for airside A TPA
Old Dec 29, 2009, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Thanks to all who keep contributing valuable info on where exactly the scanners are located and how to circumvent them. If you look at the list, we can be proud. I have not seen a better resource anywhere on the net. There should be an IPHONE app. Or people could simply keep the post bookmarked in their phones or print it out.

As you may know, Amsterdam actually has the scanners. Most of Europe is pretty much against them so far but unfortunately the stance begins to soften up. It sucks! The lead article on the official German news website is exactly on the subject of pro and con of these scanners.

Read here:
http://www.tagesschau.de/inland/sich...esetze104.html

Google can help with translation.

Till
Old Dec 29, 2009, 3:20 pm

Programs: US former CP Looking for a new airline to love me
The nude-O-scope at ROC is gone, and not missed at all . Upthread, TSA Bob directly confirmed that ROC was a trial and the trial had ended (without me ever seeing it in operation )
Old Dec 29, 2009, 3:37 pm

According to the article at http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...MNF61BAGT9.DTL these six have them for primary use:

ABQ
LAS
MIA
SFO
SLC
TUL
Old Dec 29, 2009, 3:47 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by rove312
According to the article at http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...MNF61BAGT9.DTL these six have them for primary use:

ABQ
LAS
MIA
SFO
SLC
TUL
Unless something changed in the last few days, ABQ was optional, and I don't think many people knew what they were doing. It was pretty poorly marked. If you were dumb enough to use lane 7, you go into the nude-o-scope instead of the WTMD. I've never seen a time at ABQ when they've only had one lane up and running. They usually have at least two, so pick and choose accordingly.

Same goes for LAS: if you use the far left lane of the new main A/B/C checkpoint, it's required. It's a long glass cattle chute like thing that leads up to the nude-o-scope. Use the lanes to the right. I'd also suggest avoiding the F/Elite line (if possible) since you're more likely to be lead to it by the ID checker. Avoid this checkpoint all together by going thru at the old C checkpoint upstairs by the train. The lines are almost always nonexistent over there.

SFO (Intl term A) from what I've heard it is required for everyone. I haven't flown from there myself, and don't plan to.

Some of the comments on that article are quite disturbing.

Last edited by tusphotog; Dec 29, 2009 at 3:53 pm
Old Dec 29, 2009, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tusphotog
Unless something changed in the last few days, ABQ was optional, and I don't think many people knew what they were doing. It was pretty poorly marked. If you were dumb enough to use lane 7, you go into the nude-o-scope instead of the WTMD. I've never seen a time at ABQ when they've only had one lane up and running. They usually have at least two, so pick and choose accordingly.
Well, that's exactly the problem. There is not enough info in the airports. People are kept dumb on purpose, willfully. I see it all the time at IND. The poor souls have no idea what is happening to them or why they have to raise their arms or that they can opt out. There was no signage visible at all when I last went there.

Till
Old Dec 29, 2009, 7:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
TPA also has a single unit at Airside A; appears to be secondary (only saw one individual subjected to it while I was passing through).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.