Wiki Posts
Search

Proper etiquette for cutting in line

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2013, 11:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by dorisrpas
I will always let flight crew (and airport employees) go before me. Last thing I want to do is be at my gate waiting for crew who is stuck in security.
I don't believe you have a choice anyway.

It's been a while, but I was in a lane once when two international flight crews in a row went to the front of the line (about 15+ people). Ordinarily they do move pretty quickly - they know the drill, they're allowed things ordinary pax aren't.

Not this time. One group was (I think) a KE flight crew. Each one had one or more large shopping bags - lots of laptops. The TSO belt monitor made them take every laptop out and put it in a separate bin. One guy near the back (where I could see clearly) had 8 laptops in his bag. Then the TSO stood there asking all kinds of questions about who the electronics were for, how much they paid, bla-bla - like she was junior SPOT/CBP.

That was not a fun delay.

That said, even if you are entitled to cut to the front of a line (flight crew, GE members with an 'X' on their slip), it is still good manners to at least say 'Excuse me'. I have seen folks in both situations literally shove their way in front of unsuspecting people in line. Not cool.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.