Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Arrogance on display...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2008, 12:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
TSA Arrogance on display...

So, I was driving through the T1 parking lot at SAN this evening looking for a good spot (for those who know it, the area near the tunnel through to T2), and there are 3 TSA folks walking down the middle of the road, spread out across the road, so no vehicle could pass. I came up behind them slowly, expecting them to move out of the way, to let me by - the way any decent human being would.

But oh - no; they look over their shoulders, and keep on walking down the middle of the road, with me creeping along at 3mph behind them to get to the open space closest to the skybridge.

Seems to me that this says all anybody needs to know about the kind of people the TSA hires (or maybe the TSA hires regular joes and trains them to be petty power-crazed officious morons ?)
Old Aug 11, 2008, 12:49 am

Programs: SWA EMP (the ultimate program)
TSA agents are such a joke.. Just the idea of them acting arrogant is hilarious to me. They're about a half a step above a private security officer.

I guess thats what happens when you take a bunch of former McDonalds employees and suddenly give them any measure of authority..

I'd have just honked my horn as if to say "get outta the way stupid", like you would if any normal guy was walking down the middle of the road, because that's all he is..
Old Aug 11, 2008, 12:54 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by num1bearsfan
TSA agents are such a joke.. Just the idea of them acting arrogant is hilarious to me. They're about a half a step above a private security officer.
Disagree.

I don't have contempt and disdain for rent-a-cops.
Old Aug 11, 2008, 1:00 am

Programs: AA Plat/1MM
Originally Posted by dgwright99
So, I was driving through the T1 parking lot at SAN this evening looking for a good spot (for those who know it, the area near the tunnel through to T2), and there are 3 TSA folks walking down the middle of the road, spread out across the road, so no vehicle could pass. I came up behind them slowly, expecting them to move out of the way, to let me by - the way any decent human being would.

But oh - no; they look over their shoulders, and keep on walking down the middle of the road, with me creeping along at 3mph behind them to get to the open space closest to the skybridge.

Seems to me that this says all anybody needs to know about the kind of people the TSA hires (or maybe the TSA hires regular joes and trains them to be petty power-crazed officious morons ?)
This does not surprise me at all. I see them all the time sitting in the handicapped seats on the train at ORD. Totally clueless as the older folks and the handicapped stand holding on to a strap or pole.
Old Aug 11, 2008, 1:02 am

Programs: AA Plat/1MM
Remove duplicate.
Old Aug 11, 2008, 5:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Perfect time to use one's horn to warn of imminent danger.
Old Aug 11, 2008, 9:15 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, TSA Disparager Gold, going for Platnium
Originally Posted by sbm12
yeah, if i was in the box (ambulance) i would have cranked up the whalen and popped some T3 or MAN siren on them and watch them code brown there pants when the voice from above (external speaker) asks them what they are doin/thinking. Then if it was in a tunnel it would have echoed pretty good as well to re-enforce the point. At work when driving I make good use of the siren/horn when drivers do stupid things around a ambulance (like pull infront of me and hit the breaks and im running code with a patient in back)

I wish i could understand why they do stupid stuff like this, but then again I dont have a problem telling them what i think of them and there choice of job especially if there doing something stupid (sitting in handicap seat,etc)
Old Aug 11, 2008, 9:54 am
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
My 4Runner has an air horn
Old Aug 11, 2008, 10:08 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Seriously, why didn't you (OP) honk at them? I'm not "honk happy," but will not hesitate to honk at someone blocking a roadway if they don't move after a couple seconds. This also goes for the clueless in parking lots who mosey along back to/from their cars in the middle of the aisles.
Old Aug 11, 2008, 11:10 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VonS
This does not surprise me at all. I see them all the time sitting in the handicapped seats on the train at ORD. Totally clueless as the older folks and the handicapped stand holding on to a strap or pole.
I use those seats too. They are not "handicapped seats" as you suggest. They are designated as "priority seating" which means you get up if you see someone disabled or frail, and you yield your seat.

To be clear, there is nothing wrong with sitting in those seats as long as no one else needs to sit.

Not getting up and yielding the seat-- I agree that is wrong. But sitting there is perfectly reasonable-- and allowed-- so long as no one (disabled) needs the seat. I hope this is clear.
Old Aug 11, 2008, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by VonS
Mental handicaps don't count?
Old Aug 11, 2008, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, TSA Disparager Gold, going for Platnium
Originally Posted by Spiff
"Arm photon torpedoes! Maximum yield."
Spiff ironically if you know how to work a whalen siren system you can get it to do just that, and phasers as well (yes there are days we have a little to much time on our hands in the box). My new car is in getting the windows tinted and a air horn installed(ala 18 wheeler), i just wish i could get a whalen installed as that would a great way to get stupid people and drivers attention.
Old Aug 11, 2008, 4:43 pm
Suspended

Only if you feel like SSSS today.

Wouldn't put it past these clowns to take down your license plate, have a real cop get the info, and find you on the passenger manifest. And if you happen to work there, then they really get to have fun with you.
Old Aug 11, 2008, 4:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Scubatooth
Spiff ironically if you know how to work a whalen siren system you can get it to do just that, and phasers as well (yes there are days we have a little to much time on our hands in the box). My new car is in getting the windows tinted and a air horn installed(ala 18 wheeler), i just wish i could get a whalen installed as that would a great way to get stupid people and drivers attention.
What a wimp. Don't you have enough juice for a locomotive whistle?
Old Aug 11, 2008, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Originally Posted by Scubatooth
<SNIP> Spiff ironically if you know how to work a whalen siren system you can get it to do just that, and phasers as well
A long time ago I had this noise toy from JC Whitney. It had a little control box for under the dash and a speaker for behind the grill. There were four sounds like laser torpedo, ray gun, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.