Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My first truly retaliatory TSA experience!!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2008, 9:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL-2MM, NW, AA, AS, NZ, AM
Originally Posted by The Insane Screener
wow that really sucks a big one after reading near every post the last few days, i am now more ashamed to be part of this hell hole organization than before. you do not have to give your info when you ask for a complaint card, next time i would tell them to go f*** themselves. unfortunately it is only going to get worse. the "standards" with every new hire class get lower and lower. i have been with the TSA since day one. we used to have a lot of great people who cared about the job. now there are only a few of us left. even though it is my employer, i hope to see it disbanded.

sorry if this is incoherent but i have been up since 3am (another great benifit you get when working for the TSA)

....Hey, git ya real job and leave the Gestapo Org....life will improve...your lifespan will improve....67,000 others have done it!

TSA-Screwing the Public To Thwart Tewowisim To Save Amerika.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 9:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I'm late to this party, but I'll echo what's been written here - write a letter, sticking to the facts, and ensure the phrase 'retaliatory secondary' is included, along with a comment that you know this practice to be forbidden.

Wait a day or two - and re-read the letter for professionalism and clarity.

Send three copies, one each to the Airport Director (directly to this person, and not to the public relations dept), the FSD and your airline's station manager.

I can relate a story from an experience many years ago at YYZ, when a visiting colleague from Eastern was semi-groped by a screener who tried to run the wand up her dress while we were clearing security. She knocked his head back and said very clearly that if he tried that again, she'd knock his a$$ across the floor. Point made and taken.

If a screener assaults a passenger, that passenger is within their rights (in most states) to use whatever means necessary to defend themselves. The trick is making sure the line between secondary patdown and assault was clearly crossed by the screener before you push them away - and although some cops might be sympathetic, don't expect it from most of them.

Then again, if someone attempts to sexually grope or assault me, I will knock them on their rump and deal with the consequences after the fact.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 10:06 pm

Programs: Whatever will get me out of Y and into C or F!
Originally Posted by sinanju
That's cool. If you can guess age and weight, too, you have a job waiting for you at the carnival. Oh... wait...
You know, on my one visit to the pre-Glasnost Soviet Union, I noticed that it was a common thing to have people who sat on the corner or in a park and would offer to weigh you. Oh... wait...
Old Mar 6, 2008, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum (but always US in my heart), HH Diamond
A few clarifications from the OP...

Originally Posted by Iworkhere

You know, I've had people be a smart a$$ to me before, and excessively difficult, for no apparent reason. If I had someone who if I told, "Well sir, you've alarmed the walk through metal detector, I'm going to have to do this that and the other. First, I'd like to ask you, do you have any medical devices or implants?" And they tell me it's none of my business, then I might be a little annoyed. Then I would put them through a full body patdown and contact my supervisor.
Nice. I don't give a flying rat's patootie if you don't like my answer. If you don't like my answer, you can go pound sand. (If I had a pacemaker, I should never have been allowed to go through the WTMD in the first place -- a moot point because I don't have one.)

First of all, let me clarify that I was not a smart a$$ to O. In fact, I didn't even say one single word before the retaliatory feel-fest because I do not speak to TSA folks unless I absolutely must.

Additionally,
  • I was not a SSSSelectee. My boarding pass was free and clear.
  • She did the pat down TWICE with her palms against my body, not the back of her hands. In fact, she even squeezed my boobs a little.
  • She smiled and softly laughed through the whole thing.
  • A man came up to me in the US Airways Club afterward to ask what that woman's problem was. He was mad for what happened to me and he deemed her actions unacceptable also. This made me even more angry...someone else even confirmed that her actions were beyond acceptable.
  • Again, let me say that I did NOT alarm the WTMD and that she was already waiting for me on the other side before I even walked through.
  • In the kerfluffle of her wanding me and feeling me up, SHE DID NOT CHECK MY BAGS. Yeah, there were eyedrops and some verboten lip gloss in there...Oh, and hand cream, too!

Now I am even more cheesed off that I didn't think to get a LEO and give a sexual harassment complaint. Dammit. Dammit. Dammit.

Seriously, though, posting here is making me feel a little better.
Old Mar 7, 2008, 12:18 am

Programs: Whatever will get me out of Y and into C or F!
Visiting one of my favorite websites:

http://web.nbaa.org/public/ops/security/fsd/

We see that at the Philadelphia International Airport, a

Mr. William Ross is the Deputy Federal Security Director

Why not ring him up at 610-521-7302?

Perhaps at 3am?
Old Mar 7, 2008, 12:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HeHateY

Perhaps at 3am?

I like the cut of your jib. ^

I will absolutely be ringing up Mr. Ross. Should I actually speak with him, I'll post here (but of course!!).
Old Mar 7, 2008, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold

Perhaps at 3am?
3am??? You don't think this is his home number, right?
Old Mar 7, 2008, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D052; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

If you have trouble getting past his moatdragon, tell him/her that you want to verbally compliment one of his screeners. In the Law of Armed Conflict arena, we call this a "lawful ruse."

Seriously, I would note that you post on FT and that you will acurately post the results of your phone call.

Actually, I would call the number at non-business hours and see what you get. If you get his personal voicemail, you've struck the motherlode!
Old Mar 7, 2008, 5:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Cee
Originally Posted by sinanju View Post
Really? You can recognize the eyes of the person at whom you are looking when compared to the 10 pixels each dedicated to their eyes in a typical driver's license?
Yep, I can.
And if the pax is wearing contacts that change their eye color? Or has had cosmetic surgery since the DL photo was taken?

To the OP: I would seriously consider filing a complaint against this woman for sexual assault; it's not too late to do so.
Old Mar 7, 2008, 5:33 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Iworkhere
This sounds like you definitely got retaliated against, and they attempted to do that BS and hide the complaint cards that you guys keep telling us about. Very sad, and I can understand your anger........

If you had answered that way to me, I'd have given you a full body as well.
And that would have been retaliatory and thus makes you no better than the screener the OP encountered.

Retaliate:

to return like for like; especially: to get revenge
Old Mar 7, 2008, 6:09 am

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other
Two things:

I applaud Iworkhere for telling us all that you are unprofessional. Takes guts to admit that.

honeytoes, I love your screen name.
Old Mar 7, 2008, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Perhaps at 3am?

I just called that number...Guess what? It has been disconnected and no further information is available!
Old Mar 7, 2008, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by honeytoes
It has been disconnected and no further information is available!
If only the TSA in its entirety could suffer the same fate!
Old Mar 7, 2008, 8:03 am
Original Poster

I just called that number...Guess what? It has been disconnected and no further information is available!
I spoke with someone in PIT (because most of the other numbers I dialsed on that TSA site for FSDs were not answering) and he told me that the new FSD at PHL is Robert Ellis. His number is 610-537-1010, in case anyone else needs it. I have left him a voicemail, so I'll wait and see if he calls back. Of note, the gentleman I talked to in PIT was a former SD and I told him a little about my plight. He seemed genuinely concerned for me and he even sounded surprised that this incident occurred.

Oh, and wrt filing a police report, I phoned the Philly PD. They told me that I have to file the report at the airport with one of the officers there. She seemed perplexed that I didn't do it at the time of the incident. I was so angry that I simply didn't think clearly enough to do so. I will, however, speak with an officer when I return home.
Old Mar 7, 2008, 8:08 am
Cee

The "complaint card" handed to me was a yellow card that had written on it, "Hello, I'm a representative of the Transportation Security Administration....

That is really bad...they gave you a effing "wait time card"! Did you get the screeners name and the supes name?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.