FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/practical-travel-safety-security-issues-686/)
-   -   To Bart and all the other veterans (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/practical-travel-safety-security-issues/755883-bart-all-other-veterans.html)

LEX-LGA Commuter Nov 11, 2007 5:53 am

To Bart and all the other veterans

Have a safe and peaceful Veterans Day, my brothers and sisters. Thanks for your service.

Bart Nov 11, 2007 6:13 am

Originally Posted by LEX-LGA Commuter (Post 8710788)
Have a safe and peaceful Veterans Day, my brothers and sisters. Thanks for your service.

Thanks, LEX. And the same to you.

To absent companions.

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!

mmartin4600 Nov 11, 2007 8:13 am

Thank You.

US Army Military Police
1986-1996

UALOneKPlus Nov 11, 2007 8:27 am

Ditto, happy Veterans Day.

Cholula Nov 11, 2007 8:31 am

Let me add my thanks as well.

And as did mmartin4600, I welcome any FT'er to call out their service record so that we can recognize them as well.

travis bickle Nov 11, 2007 8:40 am

many thanks and all the same to you.

usmc - 1965-1969 - vietnam
usn - 1975-1991 - beirut, persian gulf, gulf war 1, and a few others.

Arcolaio99 Nov 11, 2007 9:27 am

Thanks for your service and enjoy the day.

coachrowsey Nov 11, 2007 9:44 am

My thanks to ALL OF YOU who have or are serving our country.

goalie Nov 11, 2007 9:54 am

putting politics aside as that's for another day.....

to goalie-dad (army/medic-korea), goalie-sis (uscg-panama, grenada, & gulf I) and all the other veterans (past present and future).

no other way to put it other than saying thank you ^

mikey1003 Nov 11, 2007 10:05 am

Thanks from a proud father in law of an Iraqi War Vet

mpc1 Nov 11, 2007 10:10 am

Thank you, A Peaceful Rememberance Day to those Canadian, British, Aus, NZ and other Empire vets.

To our falled comrades:

May you rest in peace, God Bless...

mpc1

erictank Nov 11, 2007 10:33 am

Originally Posted by Cholula (Post 8711218)
Let me add my thanks as well.

And as did mmartin4600, I welcome any FT'er to call out their service record so that we can recognize them as well.

Thanks to my fellow veterans, and to those who appreciate our service and remember those who've sacrificed for our protection.

Eric
reactor operator USN 1991-1997

BearX220 Nov 11, 2007 10:42 am

Lost my brother, USNA '88, Lt USN, in an aviation accident at sea, 1992.

Today I salute him and all who serve, past and present. Thank you.

Global_Hi_Flyer Nov 11, 2007 11:12 am

To all who served or are serving. Thank you. Your willingness to defend this country is noble.

The FA's on my SAT-BWI flight this morning made a point of thanking the military and veterans on the flight. As we were on approach to BWI, one flight attendant sang God Bless America on the PA. She probably didn't realize it, but her timing couldn't have been better - we were, at that very moment, making a turn into the traffic pattern for BWI with the US Naval Academy at Annapolis displayed in the windows on the right hand side of the aircraft....

SDF_Traveler Nov 11, 2007 1:20 pm

To anyone who has served or is serving

I would like to wish everyone a peaceful Veteran's Day.

A huge thank you is due for Bart, Erictank, travis, mmartin4600, and all members of the armed forces who have served our nation proudly along with those currently in active service. Those who have made the ultimate sacrifice protecting our nation shall never be forgotten.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all of the servicemen and servicewomen currently deployed, as well to their families and loved ones whom they cannot be with today.

Your service, past and present, means a lot to me as an American.

I would also like to take a moment to reflect on Remembrance Day for the Australian, British, Canadian, and vets of commonwealth nations. It's important we remember the sacrifices from those in the armed forces.

Thank you for your service!