Community
Wiki Posts
Search

To Bart and all the other veterans

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2007, 1:31 pm

Thanks to all veterans. past and present. Special nod to veteran DriveByDoc Dad, who's my hero and always will be. Go Army!
Old Nov 11, 2007, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
A salute to all our veterans; past, present and future. ^^^
Old Nov 11, 2007, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

USAF 1976-1998. I was a Cold Warrior and (as far as I know) never was shot at.

We've got to make sure we take care of the folks coming back from the current war. Every one of my contemporaries who went to Gulf War I said they came back changed. That mean spouses don't have the same relationship as they did before one (or both) of them went to war. That means parents don't return the same parents to their kids. After WWII, we called this "flak happy." We know a lot more about post-traumatic stress today. We have got to appropriate the dollars necessary to help every one of these people.

We have to vigorously prosecute companies who don't have Reservists' and Guardsmen's jobs waiting for them when we get back. We need an Administration determined to fix the VA.

We, as a society need to be able to deal with thousands of disabled veterans in the civilian work force. All of these folks are in their prime productivity and earning years and deserve an equal shot at a civilian career.

Walk through or volunteer at a VA hospital someday. You'll be a changed person.

Yes, I'm passionate about this...
Old Nov 11, 2007, 3:20 pm

Programs: UAGM (former 1P), Hilton Gold (former Diamond), heading for dirt.
Thanks

Thanks, and my thanks to my fellow veterans as well.

RonDace
MM1(SS)
USS Dace SSN 607
USS Casimir Pulaski SSBN 633G

(Oh, you might be able to guess where part of my screen name comes from.)
Old Nov 11, 2007, 3:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum/UAPremier Gold/IC Platinum
US Army Nurse 1978-1981

I whole heartedly agree with FliesWay2Much ---My hope is that we really do take care of our returning veterans even when we are out of this war.
And Happy Veterans Day to all past and present veterans and their families.
Old Nov 11, 2007, 3:56 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, SW Rewards, WorldPerks, Barnes and Noble Frequent Buyers
In memory of my brother Don, who was shot inland in Normandie, captured, sent to Germany and spent the duration in a POW camp till they were liberated by Regular Army. In honor of my brother Rick who guarded missile silos and kept us safe in the late 70s and early 80's.

And a huge thanks to the men and women who walk and fly in harms way every day.

airline brat53
Old Nov 11, 2007, 6:52 pm

Programs: US/*A, Marriott, ICH, Budget, Avis
thanks; you're welcome; peace; cheers, you're not nor will you ever be forgotten.
Old Nov 11, 2007, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by MarcPHL
thanks; you're welcome; peace; cheers, you're not nor will you ever be forgotten.
You, too. I know from my grandfather was in the army at Czech Republic some many years ago during World War II. He is veterans army for short time before he was heading to Israel meet my grandmother. That's why I don't considered to remember about my grandparents was in the army after they are lived in Israel. My grandfather was a heroes during World War II but, he is an honorable during World War II. He is an excellent soldier. I surely they will shall down during keep peacefully in entire country.
Old Nov 11, 2007, 8:50 pm

Programs: AA, DL Gold, UA Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Cholula
And as did mmartin4600, I welcome any FT'er to call out their service record so that we can recognize them as well.
But, I wanted to remain the strong, silent type...

OK, US Army 1991-Present. (On glidepath to retirement in a few years...)
And the only thing more fun than flying in airplanes is jumping out of them.

Hope everyone had a happy and safe Veterans Day. Now get back to work!
Old Nov 11, 2007, 8:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
USMC 93-99

Things were relatively peaceful between 93-99.

To those who served and never returned: the difference was timing. Some of us remember you on more than just a couple days out of the year.
Old Nov 11, 2007, 10:25 pm

To those down range, be well.
Fix the VA for those who returned from many places.
Old Nov 11, 2007, 10:33 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Dia, SPG Gold, MR Plat, Hertz PC
USMC(R) 1990-1995
Semper Fi to all!!

PS - Happy Belated Birthday to all the other Leathernecks on the boards!
Old Nov 11, 2007, 10:42 pm

Programs: Delta, Hilton, ICH, Hertz
USAF 1970-1981

I also salute Paul P; my good friend who died in a "training accident" on 11/11/1977
Old Nov 11, 2007, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
USAF 1976-1998. I was a Cold Warrior and (as far as I know) never was shot at.

We've got to make sure we take care of the folks coming back from the current war. Every one of my contemporaries who went to Gulf War I said they came back changed. That mean spouses don't have the same relationship as they did before one (or both) of them went to war. That means parents don't return the same parents to their kids. After WWII, we called this "flak happy." We know a lot more about post-traumatic stress today. We have got to appropriate the dollars necessary to help every one of these people.

We have to vigorously prosecute companies who don't have Reservists' and Guardsmen's jobs waiting for them when we get back. We need an Administration determined to fix the VA.

We, as a society need to be able to deal with thousands of disabled veterans in the civilian work force. All of these folks are in their prime productivity and earning years and deserve an equal shot at a civilian career.

Walk through or volunteer at a VA hospital someday. You'll be a changed person.

Yes, I'm passionate about this...
Amen, FliesWay2Much. Many more have made the ultimate sacrifice than the published statistics would indicate. Even those who integrate into civilian life bring a forever skewed world-view to the table.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 6:00 am

Programs: WN, Marriott, Choice
[salute] To those past, present and future, who serve so we might enjoy our freedoms... [/salute]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.