CO Lawmakers unhappy about DEN wait times

Old Oct 31, 2007, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

CO Lawmakers unhappy about DEN wait times

Don't know if the TSA spokesman citing a goal of "World Class Security" or the addition of one TSAer to alleviate congestion is the funniest part of this story.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/Marriott Plat/Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LessO2
Don't know if the TSA spokesman citing a goal of "World Class Security" or the addition of one TSAer to alleviate congestion is the funniest part of this story.
Way to go TSA!! ^ ^ They win their reputation every time they open their mouths.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 7:41 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
"The delegation is asking the Transportation Security Administration for more screeners before the busy holiday season."

Morons. They should be telling Idiot Boy Hawley to quit harassing the passengers with stupid ID/BP/Shoe/Liquid nonsense or get his sorry ... the hell out of DEN.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 7:54 pm

Programs: CO PLT, HH DIA
The most absurd part of this is the notion that the TSA answers to anyone! Actually being accountable to elected officials? Answering questions raised by the legislature??

Come on, gang, let's not get stupid here!! I mean, that's just crazy talk!!

--PP
Old Oct 31, 2007, 8:50 pm

Here's one statement that TSA will answer to: "TSA, YOU'RE FIRED."

Congress: "TSA, you're fired."
Kip Hawley: "I still get my $20 million severance package"
Congress: "What $20 million severance package? You work for the government, not Ford. Here's your job application to McDonald's. Screw you."

I wish.

Put me in charge.

Looked at a passenger funny? Fired.
Harassed a passenger? Fired.
Broke someone's laptop? Fired.
Made up a rule? Fired.
Power trip? Fired.
Didn't use their brain? Fired.
Anything less than perfection? Fired.
Screwing up? Fired.
Didn't greet passengers with a smile? Fired.
Enforced the liquid idiocy? Fired.
Enforced the shoes off rule? Fired.
Complaint lodged? Fired.
Failed a biweekly test on security knowledge given by consultants hired away from El Al? Fired. Big time.
Less than 100% efficiency, effectiveness? Fired.
Piss me off? Fired.
Chatting on the job? Fired.
What isn't a firing offense? Being as effective as the guys that work for El Al. (That's the minimum).

Last edited by stupidhead; Oct 31, 2007 at 8:57 pm
Old Nov 1, 2007, 3:27 am

Programs: DL 4MM/PM, UA 1MM/Gold, AA Paper
What on earth is the definition of "World-class Security" that the TSA are always going on about?
Old Nov 1, 2007, 4:44 am

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by OrlandoFlyer
What on earth is the definition of "World-class Security" that the TSA are always going on about?
TSA is either dreaming or tripping . . .
Old Nov 1, 2007, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

DEN responds by whipping out the CLEAR card.

Idiots.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 6:38 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
"Members will still have to go through regular screening steps, such as removing shoes and unloading liquids."

DEN's answer? Extortion and idiocy.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Spiff
"Members will still have to go through regular screening steps, such as removing shoes and unloading liquids."

DEN's answer? Extortion and idiocy.

Many times I have pointed out that the average airplane load is 20% frequent fliers and 80% Ma and Pa Kettles. This is plain as day when you take from above at the snaking lines. If DEN cannot see this as plain as day from their perch on the second level, they're bigger idiots than we think.

Even if they get all 20% of the frequent fliers to sign up, which they won't, it still won't help a damn bit.

DEN can move back the black rope further back from the ID checkers and turn up the volume on the LCD TVs shouting out the liquid rules, it ain't gonna help.

The only solution is to eliminate the useless liquid and shoe rules.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 7:57 am

Programs: Air Canada Elite, United 1K, Continental Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Platinum
Maybe I'm wrong, but I find it more than a bit angering that changes aren't being called for until it looks like it may affect the pocketbooks of the state, or some politician feels they were inconvenienced.

Why didn't they call for this based on the complaints of passengers, surveys taken, etc.? Stupid question...we don't matter, only our dollars do.

Last edited by Caroline's Rub; Nov 1, 2007 at 9:04 am
Old Nov 1, 2007, 9:30 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Originally Posted by Caroline's Rub
Maybe I'm wrong, but I find it more than a bit angering that changes aren't being called for until it looks like it may affect the pocketbooks of the state, or some politician feels they were inconvenienced.

Why didn't they call for this based on the complaints of passengers, surveys taken, etc.? Stupid question...we don't matter, only our dollars do.
Even worse, I suspect that re-election is a big part of this, too. Meaning it's not our dollars, it's campaign dollars.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Caroline's Rub
That's why I don't spend any money, outside of tickets, at the airports.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.