FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/practical-travel-safety-security-issues-686/)
-   -   Halloween with the TSA :) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/practical-travel-safety-security-issues/752122-halloween-tsa.html)

mkt Oct 31, 2007 1:27 pm

Halloween with the TSA :)

Good afternoon from back in SJU :)

Just a funny tale to share, nothing bad to say. I flew back from LA last night, took a redeye through ORD. I had to attend a halloween function in San Juan at 10am today, so I flew in costume so I could have breakfast upon my arrival and go straight to the event. My friends and I had a matrix theme, and I opted to be agent smith. Last night at about 9pm, going through security, dressed in full Agent Smith garb (black suit, white shirt, black tie, black ray bans, black leather shoes, rolex submariner with a black face, earpiece), I got stares from every TSA related person from the ID checker through. I pulled out my slightly battered passport and the ID checkers eyes opened wide when she compared us... no one else got that look. I must have looked like the man in black :D

No TSO opened their mouth to me, and I said nothing. It was somewhat scary... and I loved it.

I must fly more often in that garb :cool:

cpx Oct 31, 2007 1:31 pm

it must be nice to be at the other end of the usual scare :p ^

tazi Oct 31, 2007 1:31 pm

Do they have Kip Hawley masks out for costumes yet? I would have worn that with prison stripes.

Spiff Oct 31, 2007 1:33 pm

Did you compliment the TSA employees on their "security" costumes?

mkt Oct 31, 2007 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by Spiff (Post 8653653)

no, but you've given me a brilliant idea. I must change into a more traditional costume (maybe devil horns and a pitchfork), head to SJU and clear security for an Admirals Club visit with an empty candy bag in my hand.

Seriously.

"Trick or Treat"

"Do you want to fly today?"

"You must want a trick!"

Superguy Oct 31, 2007 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by tazi (Post 8653640)
Do they have Kip Hawley masks out for costumes yet? I would have worn that with prison stripes.

Yup. You can find a gorilla suit at your favorite costume store. :D

Global_Hi_Flyer Oct 31, 2007 2:05 pm

Even the WN inflight magazine notes that the airline personnel had to tone-down their usual dress-up-for-Halloween due to "security procedures." We live in a nation where fun is no longer tolerated.

Palal Oct 31, 2007 2:25 pm

Can we have a DO where FTers all dress up like this?

Spiff Oct 31, 2007 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by Palal (Post 8653946)
Can we have a DO where FTers all dress up like this?

Like TSA employees? :eek:

UALOneKPlus Oct 31, 2007 2:49 pm

mkt- I want to see PICTUREs!!!!! :D :D

Superguy Oct 31, 2007 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by Spiff (Post 8653956)
Like TSA employees? :eek:

That's better suited for April Fools' Day. :D

LessO2 Oct 31, 2007 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by Spiff (Post 8653653)

Dangit, I came here to say that!

mkt Oct 31, 2007 4:20 pm

no pictures... didn't think of bringing a camera :(

That being said, I got a jolly rancher from a TSO! And a fun-size Milky Way bar at the Admirals Club... as well as a Medalla

now, back to my regularly scheduled halloween plans

MrAndy1369 Oct 31, 2007 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by mkt (Post 8654747)
no pictures... didn't think of bringing a camera :(

That being said, I got a jolly rancher from a TSO! And a fun-size Milky Way bar at the Admirals Club... as well as a Medalla

now, back to my regularly scheduled halloween plans

Aww, that's nice of the TSO. Was the airport decorated in Halloween decorations? Did any of the gate agents have costumes (or wigs) on?

mkt Oct 31, 2007 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by Andy1369 (Post 8654762)
Aww, that's nice of the TSO. Was the airport decorated in Halloween decorations? Did any of the gate agents have costumes (or wigs) on?

No to the first, although some of the US based airlines put up decorations in their gates and ticketing counters. One of the TSO's was wearing devil horns... fitting.