Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

JFK DL terminal 2 & 3 security breach tonight!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2007, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward

Hi all,

I have heard from entire news came in tonight and it was security breach in JFK at DL terminal 2 & 3. I am already informed my old manager in JFK. Gosh, not again why TSA made security breach in JFK but, the man doesn't go screened at checkpoint. So here it is:

http://www.wnbc.com/news/14465126/de...=headlineclick

Fired TSA employees at JFK immediately! Please elimination as security breach soon as possible. Thanks again!
Old Oct 30, 2007, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
The Terminal Dump Of The Day -- brought to you by the letter S (for Stupid).

The TSA had an overabundance of what? ... at this rate they're sure running out of it fast.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 10:20 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by xyzzy
The Terminal Dump Of The Day -- brought to you by the letter S (for Stupid).

The TSA had an overabundance of what? ... at this rate they're sure running out of it fast.
It's time to remove this disease from our airports. Perhaps it will fall to the passengers to eject these miscreants?
Old Oct 30, 2007, 10:26 pm

TSA employees: when you wonder why suddenly the entire checkpoint is mad at you and has chosen to rebel, you will have only yourselves to blame for following Comrade Hawley.

There WILL come a time when the extreme injustice that has been happening at airport "security" checkpoints will be corrected. Where will you be on that day?
Old Oct 31, 2007, 6:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yup, I was stuck on the tarmac for over 2 hours waiting to be allowed to deplane.

I was looking to see if this breach made the news. Check out the fine reporting by the NYT in terms of getting their story to print. Gee, is that hard to get the facts right?

Security agents searched in vain for the man for more than an hour, then ordered all passengers and employees out of terminals No. 1 and 2.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/31/ny...l?ref=nyregion

Accuracy in reporting is not as important as deciding what is fit to print?

Last edited by Analise; Oct 31, 2007 at 6:16 am
Old Oct 31, 2007, 7:15 am

Programs: CO Plat, Priority Club Plat, HH Diamond, Avis First, Hertz #1Gold
The TSA said in a statement on its Web site that "there is no known nexus to terrorism at this time."

Has any "breach" produced one?
Old Oct 31, 2007, 8:48 am

Programs: DL 4MM/PM, UA 1MM/Gold, AA Paper
Originally Posted by vassilipan
Has any "breach" produced one?
Not that has been made public information as far as I know. THE TSA WOULD CLAIM THIS KIND OF INFORMATION WOULD BE SSI and then hide behind their terminal dump stupidity.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 11:24 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Originally Posted by OrlandoFlyer
Not that has been made public information as far as I know. THE TSA WOULD CLAIM THIS KIND OF INFORMATION WOULD BE SSI and then hide behind their terminal dump stupidity.
Partly out of fear of alerting the terry-wrists to their methods, but I suspect largely because doing so would "alarm the public", thereby causing a drop in airline profits (see, for example, NASA, or the recent debacle involving the Mosul Dam.

We, the mere citize- er- subjects that live here are apparently not capable of hearing and processing such information.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 3:41 pm

Programs: Whatever will get me out of Y and into C or F!
Man Sidesteps JFK Security, Boards Plane; TSA: Breach Not Terrorism-Related

A passenger who caused an evacuation at Kennedy International Airport has told law enforcers that he breached security after going outside to smoke and then misplacing his boarding pass.

William Contreras Ramos, 20, of San Lorenzo, Puerto Rico, was being detained upstate on Wednesday until the FBI could come get him, according to Albany County Sheriff James Campbell.

Ramos told sheriff's deputies that he had noticed he was running late and didn't have his boarding pass, so he went through another door and was able to get to his flight's gate.

He had no weapons on him, but a straight razor was found in his carry-on luggage, said Campbell.

http://wcbstv.com/local/jfk.security....2.479039.html
Old Oct 31, 2007, 3:55 pm

Programs: DL 4MM/PM, UA 1MM/Gold, AA Paper
How about arresting the private security guard that allowed him to walk through the exit! Seems more appropriate to me.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by HeHateY
A passenger who caused an evacuation at Kennedy International Airport has told law enforcers that he breached security after going outside to smoke and then misplacing his boarding pass.

William Contreras Ramos, 20, of San Lorenzo, Puerto Rico, was being detained upstate on Wednesday until the FBI could come get him, according to Albany County Sheriff James Campbell.

Ramos told sheriff's deputies that he had noticed he was running late and didn't have his boarding pass, so he went through another door and was able to get to his flight's gate.
I am glad this idiot was detained. For someone to think that going out for a smoking break means you can avoid the security line has got to be delusional. I hope the law nails this jerk. He screwed up plans for THOUSANDS last night myself included which is why I am vehement about this.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by OrlandoFlyer
How about arresting the private security guard that allowed him to walk through the exit! Seems more appropriate to me.
I certainly hope the TSA has something in place which puts some kind of black mark on this guard's employee records. What a screwup.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 4:47 pm

An evacuation was inappropriate.

Everyone should be mad at the people who ordered this unnecessary evacuation.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 5:46 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by Spiff

Ah, I agree. I think it was an overreaction by the TSA... but the police were the one who ordered the evacuation, tho, right?

Honestly, I don't understand why TSA keeps slipping in my view these days... it just makes me feel less and less happy with their performance. =/
Old Oct 31, 2007, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by Spiff

Well since I was the one here affected (so far no other FTers have said a word), I will tell you that the TSA had no choice but to evacuate 2 and 3 because they let some idiot go through without security. It's a nice Monday morning quarterback response to say what should have been done but no one knew what this idiot was going to do or had on him. They had to evacuate. The anger in our plane (at least by those near me) was geared directly at the guy who snuck through and the idiot guards who didn't stop him. The captain kept us fully aware of what was happening which impressed us all. The Delta crew was terrific.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.