DEL-ORD-YYZ - Luggage/Customs question

Old Oct 28, 07, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
DEL-ORD-YYZ - Luggage/Customs question

Will I have to collect my baggage at ORD and take it through customs and then hand it to the airline to send to YYZ or will customs/immigration take place in YYZ?

Thanks!
Old Oct 28, 07, 11:13 pm

Programs: QF Plat - OW EMD | DL Gold / Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by piyush View Post
Will I have to collect my baggage at ORD and take it through customs and then hand it to the airline to send to YYZ or will customs/immigration take place in YYZ?

Thanks!
You will have to clear US Customs & Immigrations at ORD (thus, entering the US). All international arrivals go into Terminal 5.

Assuming you are flying American Airlines, after you clear US Customs & Immigrations at T5, you will have to get on a tram and transfer over to Terminal 3 for your connecting flight.

Luggage will be sent through for your connection, but you do have to collect it for US Customs and re-deposit as you leave the US Customs Hall.

SDF_Traveler
Old Oct 29, 07, 10:04 pm

And then you'll have to clear Canadian customs in YYZ.

Enjoy your time in customs!
Old Nov 26, 07, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
Thanks a lot SDF_Traveler & violet312s
Old Nov 26, 07, 7:50 pm

Programs: QF Plat - OW EMD | DL Gold / Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by piyush View Post
Thanks a lot SDF_Traveler & violet312s
No problem - enjoy your trip!

Just as an FYI, I just went through ORD on AA routing LHR-ORD-SDF earlier in the month.

As usual, Immigrations and US Customs went smoothly upon arrival at ORD. All flights arrive in the M concourse in T5. Upon clearing US Customs I deposited my checked luggage with AA in T5.

I then proceeded upstairs, took the tram to T3 (AA) and cleared security without any hassle. Despite separate terminals, it is a very easy connection.

My connection was canceled, but it was a genuine WX cancellation. In fact we circled over Lake Michigan for 45 minutes prior to a rough landing at ORD.

At the T5 tram station, make sure you board a tram heading towards T3/T2/T1. Taking the tram in the other direction goes to parking.

Good ORD Terminal Map

For T3 (AA domestic and international departures) AA mainline flights depart from the H/K concourse. There are also a few international departures from L. The lower H gates and the entire G concourse is American Eagle.

Have a safe and pleasant journey.

Search this Thread