FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/practical-travel-safety-security-issues-686/)
-   -   TSA not watching the x-ray screen (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/practical-travel-safety-security-issues/750669-tsa-not-watching-x-ray-screen.html)

oneant Oct 26, 2007 11:55 pm

TSA not watching the x-ray screen

LAS-DFW on 10/22 on a midday flight, wife and I were in the F line for security. She commented to me that she left her kippie in her purse and I told her to leave it there. We send our bags through the machine.

While the metal detector staffer was waiting for the machine to stop beeping to let my wife through, I watched the TSA moron who was supposed to be watching the screen. He was busy chatting with his buddy and never once even turned to look at the screen until I was through the detector and our bags were out the other side.

Typically, I'm being rushed and don't pay attention to them. But it was only myself, my wife, a woman in front of us, and a man in front of her who was already picking up his bag so I had plenty of time to notice.

Is this typical? They're sweating 90 year old women for pat-downs and scrutinizing our ID's like we're trying to enter silo 4 at a nuclear missile base, but they're not even checking the screen????

birdstrike Oct 27, 2007 12:09 am

Originally Posted by oneant (Post 8628583)
Is this typical? They're sweating 90 year old women for pat-downs and scrutinizing our ID's like we're trying to enter silo 4 at a nuclear missile base, but they're not even checking the screen????

Attention fatigue. I used to work a firetower which was even worse.

Just one more fact to confirm that the TSA cannot accomplish their assigned task with the tools at hand.

Thank god the TSA is not needed for aircraft security.

oneant Oct 27, 2007 1:13 am

Originally Posted by birdstrike (Post 8628621)
Attention fatigue. I used to work a firetower which was even worse.

Just one more fact to confirm that the TSA cannot accomplish their assigned task with the tools at hand.

Thank god the TSA is not needed for aircraft security.

By "tools" I presume you meant the TSA employees.

N830MH Oct 27, 2007 9:23 pm

Yeah, I have a problems with TSA last month. We are during the trip back home to PHX from LAS. The TSA screeners does not move the x-ray machines faster. What is reason why she look for the liquid, gels and others. I have noticed other woman who gotten brough larger liquid over 3.4oz. It does not good for restrictions with liquid. She doesn't understand what she doing followed the TSA rules. Does you know TSA are remain same 3.4oz, am I correctable? :confused: