FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/practical-travel-safety-security-issues-686/)
-   -   U.S. issues shoe-bomb terror alert (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/practical-travel-safety-security-issues/750513-u-s-issues-shoe-bomb-terror-alert.html)

bzbdewd Oct 26, 07 2:55 pm

U.S. issues shoe-bomb terror alert
 
Guess we'll never end the shoe carnival now........... Here's the video on

MSNBC.

MarcPHL Oct 26, 07 3:06 pm


Originally Posted by bzbdewd (Post 8625931)
Guess we'll never end the shoe carnival now........... Here's the video on

MSNBC.

well, yeah, we've got to make an international furor--most airports overseas don't xray shoes--we must spread freedom, manifested in shoe xraying, throughout the world!

FWAAA Oct 26, 07 3:08 pm

Expect to see these liars find "evidence" of additional liquid terror plots so as to justify the continued war on moisture forever.

What a bunch of mindless cowards.

doober Oct 26, 07 3:33 pm

I can't get the video to play either from the link or MSNBC directly.

The link immediately hops to a video about threats from helicopters at the time of the Republican convention 3 years ago.

Trying to open it on MSNBC.com I get a video about those stupid kevlar backpacks that some fear-mongering company has developed to keep parents and kids scared of the bogey man.

Wally Bird Oct 26, 07 3:44 pm

Actually not a b_o_m_b; the shoes (in Europe) were being used to conceal blasting caps. And the shoes were not being worn, but were in checked (bus) luggage. This was in September.

The KoolAid is already orange, so whaddyagonnado ? Now back to our regular program...

LessO2 Oct 26, 07 4:47 pm

Okay, whose poll numbers are down today?

bzbdewd Oct 26, 07 5:23 pm


Originally Posted by doober (Post 8626188)
I can't get the video to play either from the link or MSNBC directly.

The link immediately hops to a video about threats from helicopters at the time of the Republican convention 3 years ago.

Trying to open it on MSNBC.com I get a video about those stupid kevlar backpacks that some fear-mongering company has developed to keep parents and kids scared of the bogey man.

Odd....... I just checked it and it played for me ok..........

gobluetwo Oct 26, 07 6:14 pm

ooooh, i totally dare someone to pass these things through the xray, lol!!!!!

drjazz Oct 26, 07 7:21 pm

Keith Olbermann just showed a new poll:
Americans who believe in Ghosts: 34%
Americans who believe in Bush's Iraq handling: 31%


Originally Posted by LessO2 (Post 8626726)
Okay, whose poll numbers are down today?


straygaijin Oct 26, 07 8:27 pm


Originally Posted by MarcPHL (Post 8626006)
well, yeah, we've got to make an international furor--most airports overseas don't xray shoes--we must spread freedom, manifested in shoe xraying, throughout the world!

It would have been nice for the video to say that only passengers on flights into the US are required to remove their shoes thus pointing out that every other country sees it for the stupidity it is.

NWstu Oct 26, 07 8:36 pm


Originally Posted by straygaijin (Post 8627738)
It would have been nice for the video to say that only passengers on flights into the US are required to remove their shoes thus pointing out that every other country sees it for the stupidity it is.

You must remove your shoes and send them through X-ray at ICN (Seoul)

cpx Oct 26, 07 8:51 pm


Originally Posted by LessO2 (Post 8626726)
Okay, whose poll numbers are down today?

Wondering the same... may be someone's annual performance review is due :p



Originally Posted by NWstu (Post 8627770)
You must remove your shoes and send them through X-ray at ICN (Seoul)

Influence of our wonderful intelligence. :rolleyes:

Doppy Oct 26, 07 8:58 pm


Originally Posted by Wally Bird (Post 8626293)
Actually not a b_o_m_b; the shoes (in Europe) were being used to conceal blasting caps. And the shoes were not being worn, but were in checked (bus) luggage. This was in September.

Seems like information that should be passed along to security officials to me.

Spiff Oct 27, 07 2:40 am

Even if it were true, the TSA imbeciles still aren't using technology that detects explosives in shoes, or for that matter in undergarments or in body cavities.

"Huh-huh-huh! Heh-heh-heh! Use the x-ray! No! Use the taser! The chokehold! Yeah!!! The x-ray!"

Hey Beavis-Hawley! Use the ETP/ETD and end this Stupid Shoe Carnival, you CLOWN.

"Smithers, fire that man!"

How's that song by Fishbone go? Oh yeah... "You're nothing but a little lying *** b_tch! " (sorry all I could find on YouTube)

GUWonder Oct 27, 07 4:03 am


Originally Posted by Doppy (Post 8627837)
Seems like information that should be passed along to security officials to me.

If airport security resolves alarms set off by metal detectors these wouldn't pass the security check .... if they were proficient to the extent they ought to be (but apparently are not). They ought to be able to do this without needing a one-off reminder.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 5:35 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.